eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   FBA Sellers - Do you pay VAT on exports to FBA? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/83233-fba-sellers-do-you-pay-vat-exports-fba.html)

razzcal 02-24-2015 10:43 AM

FBA Sellers - Do you pay VAT on exports to FBA?

Hi guys,

I have an issue which i have never found a concrete answer to but i wondered if someone here would be able to help...

When you send goods to Amazon FBA in the UK, do you have to pre pay VAT on the goods? (UK seller to UK Amazon Centre). I dont know what the procedure is in the UK for UK sellers but we are based in Jersey in the Channel Islands.

Here is a brief explanation of our situation:

As we are in Jersey we are considered a non EU country. Regardless of where we import goods from (UK/Europe/Non EU countries), we are liable to pay our own similar system tax, which is called GST (Goods and Services Tax).

We then export the goods to Amazon in the UK. In order for our goods to reach Amazons fulfilment centre without any problems, we have to pre pay VAT on the value of the goods beforehand (at the post office, or whatever courier we use). If we do not pre pay the VAT, Customs contact Amazon asking for payment which of course Amazon are refusing to pay.

Is this the same case for UK sellers using Amazon FBA? Can i claim the VAT back on this?

I have tried speaking to HMRC, Royal Mail, Jersey Post but everyone gives us conflicting information.

Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks

Dawidck 02-24-2015 11:08 AM

Re: FBA Sellers - Do you pay VAT on exports to FBA?

To get professional answer you really need to speak to your accountant

razzcal 02-24-2015 11:10 AM

Well the question originally is whether or not UK sellers have to pre pay VAT for their FBA shipments, the same as us

Dawidck 02-24-2015 11:13 AM

When you send your stock to Amazon from EU than you dont need to pay any VAT as this should be paid already when you import your good from outside of EU

JamesNorth101 02-24-2015 11:41 AM

You need to talk to an accountant about this.

Dawidck 02-24-2015 11:45 AM

Are you VAT registered?

razzcal 02-24-2015 12:02 PM

We are not VAT registered as we are not part of the EU

Taking The Micky 02-24-2015 07:58 PM

UK and EU member states do not pay cross border VAT when shipping goods to any of amazon's FBA centres as long a you are VAT registered. Shipping from the UK to a UK FBA centre you don't have to be VAT registered. As you are outside the EU you will have to pay the VAT on the goods you are shipping to a member state at that states VAT rate. To declare these goods with the pre paid system you have in Jersey I assume you have to create a commercial invoice. Use your imagination...