eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   USB dongle VS. mifi device (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/83634-usb-dongle-vs-mifi-device.html)

Productions 03-07-2015 05:33 AM

USB dongle VS. mifi device

Hi, I am currently in a place that doesn't have the larger carriers like att, sprint, verizon, etc. They only have local carriers that's just local to the place (really only 3 mobile/internet carriers). So I was looking around and asking for a dongle, the first two that I asked only had a mifi device and no longer have dongles (I am going to check the third one as they may still be carrying dongles). But when I inquired if the IP address changes every time I turn it off and on, they seem to be saying that I would still have the same ip address and that it is not changing. Is this really the case for some mifi devices, or do they just not know what they're talking about. Also, if the third carrier does have dongles, could I possibly run into the same issue of possibly not having changeable ip addresses?

And what is better - mifi devices or dongles? I was reading the forums and some people had problems with the mifi device changing during mid use (so had to resort to tricks like streaming a radio in the background to keep the ip from changing). Is this also a problem with dongles? Will dongles change ip address unexpectedly in the middle of having used the connection?

Thanks

Dmshark25 03-07-2015 09:25 AM

Re: USB dongle VS. mifi device

You have the 4 main carriers in your Area, if you didn't than those smaller companies would not be there.

All the small companies purchase minutes and Data in Bulk from the Big 4 and than resell under their name and often at a much cheaper rate but they are using either towers from ATT, Verizon, Sprint or TMobile

If their is no stores where you are and you wanted a device you could go on their website

I have a Verizon MiFi and it doesn't change IPs while in use and it has the largest IP pool of all 4 carriers, AT&T second, than Tmobile and Sprint as far as IP pools

I used to have sims to get Data from each company but now I just use my home Comcast service and a Verizon JetPack Mifi which is 4GLTE and XLTE

I log IPs every time I use and very rare does one repeat, and simply turning it off and on will change the IPS

The Speed is great and now they have XLTE which is double the bandwidth so I get better service than Comcast from this device

I purchased it off of eBay for 39.99 and I pay for the service from a seller on eBay, i get unlimited Verizon Data for $120 a month

This is a great device, and worth the price not needing to worry about going over data

Productions 03-10-2015 02:04 AM

I am pretty sure we don't have the main carriers. I'm currently on Guam, a small island near Asia (though a US territory). So would you think dial-up would be a better option? Or should I try their mifi?

Thanks for the info though, ill definitely look into that when I'm stateside.

So is their no disadvantage to a mifi VS. a dongle for creating stealth accounts?

Thanks

Ikelpyep 03-12-2016 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 648217)
You have the 4 main carriers in your Area, if you didn't than those smaller companies would not be there.

All the small companies purchase minutes and Data in Bulk from the Big 4 and than resell under their name and often at a much cheaper rate but they are using either towers from ATT, Verizon, Sprint or TMobile

If their is no stores where you are and you wanted a device you could go on their website

I have a Verizon MiFi and it doesn't change IPs while in use and it has the largest IP pool of all 4 carriers, AT&T second, than Tmobile and Sprint as far as IP pools

I used to have sims to get Data from each company but now I just use my home

Comcast service and a Verizon JetPack Mifi which is 4GLTE and XLTE

I log IPs every time I use and very rare does one repeat, and simply turning it off and on will change the IPS

The Speed is great and now they have XLTE which is double the bandwidth so I get better service than Comcast from this device

I purchased it off of eBay for 39.99 and I pay for the service from a seller on eBay, i get unlimited Verizon Data for $120 a month

This is a great device, and worth the price not needing to worry about going over data

Forgive me for my stupidity but one-self explanatory question- when you log your IP after every login. They can't ever cross-referance with any other eBay/PayPal for example? Meaning that your list for each account will eventually be a huge listing of IP's to "doggie" through?

Productions 06-18-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 648217)
I used to have sims to get Data from each company but now I just use my home Comcast service and a Verizon JetPack Mifi which is 4GLTE and XLTE

Hi, can you clarify this? Do you somehow set up your comcast internet cable to your verizon mifi instead of using the cell phone carriers? If so, how is this done?

Quote:

You get better speeds than your cable modem?

Quote:

Did you flash the mifi device? I hear people selling "flashed mifi device" which is supposed to give you unlimited data even if you are on the lowest data plan with the cell phone providers. Is that what you did?

Quote:

Thanks again for the recommendation.

It's been a while since you posted, are there any new insights you found? Are you still using the same set up with verizon mifi?

Productions 06-18-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikelpyep (Post 754033)
Forgive me for my stupidity but one-self explanatory question- when you log your IP after every login. They can't ever cross-referance with any other eBay/PayPal for example? Meaning that your list for each account will eventually be a huge listing of IP's to "doggie" through?

It's a long list, but you can create a filter on excel to highlight the cell red if there are any duplicates in any of the other logged ip addresses. There's an excel file that someone shared that has this filter.