eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Getting Rid of Competitor (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/83803-getting-rid-competitor.html)

alpine 03-12-2015 04:46 PM

Getting Rid of Competitor

Hi guys,

I'm successfully selling a product on amazon since about one year. We are three competitors in this niche who have been living in peace so everybody was making his money.

Now since about 2 weeks there is a new player on the market and suddenly all of us are flooded with negative reviews. They are obviousily ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and initiated by this new competitor.
In addition he is getting 10 positive verified purchase reviews every day. Don't know how he does this without getting suspended instantely.

Three days ago I got a policy notice from amazon stating that some customer is complaining that my product is not authentic and therefore they blocked my listing. As I am the brand owner of this product this is ridiculous and probably just another attack from the new competitor.

I called amazon several times and wrote an email to seller support. They will have a look at this issue but nothing happened yet.

My question is: What can I do to protect or counter-attack?

Taking The Micky 03-12-2015 05:49 PM

Re: Getting Rid of Competitor

If you say you own the brand owner just send all the legal papers to amazon. So is this new competitor selling counterfeit.

jeffweico 03-12-2015 08:13 PM

If you own the company that makes whatever it is you are selling, you should have some sort of proof. A trademark or copyright registration, or a patent, or something similar. If you provide this proof to Amazon, you should be the ONLY person allowed to sell the item on Amazon. If you cannot provide the proof, then I don't see where there is very much you can do.

Why would you allow two other people to get away with counterfeiting your item in the first place? Or were you supplying them?

I must be missing something here...

rsot 03-12-2015 09:59 PM

Welcome to the forums - might also consider getting support from your other 2 competitors who might be affected the same way

imozee 03-12-2015 11:23 PM

Selling similar product is one thing, but branding it is another thing. If you are the brand owner, then you should have proceed with the "brand registry" for the product. Once you done that process, you can prevent anyone to sell on your product listing page. Thus you will be the only one selling on that product listing, and do not need to worry about fighting for any buy boxes etc. A lot of sellers do not know about this "brand registry" thing. Search seller central for more information on the process.

imozee 03-12-2015 11:25 PM

And as long as you are the brand owner, you should be the ONLY one selling it on Amazon. So there shouldn't be any case of authenticity here. I am guessing you have not locked the product page to your seller account, so the competitor can claimed your product is not authentic.