eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   A-Z Claim question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/83862-z-claim-question.html)

xShevaa7x 03-14-2015 06:51 PM

A-Z Claim question

I got an A-Z claim a few days ago from a buyer who clearly doesn't understand how to use Amazon messages. Long story short the buyer thinks that she had a conversation with me about an issue, but must have email Amazon as she was talking about emails.

The amount is pretty low so I refunded it and sent the buyer a message regarding the situation and mentioned perhaps Amazon made a mistake as the message centre isn't reliable (to make it seem like it wasn't her fault).

I have sent the buyer a message notifying her that the refund has been processed and asked if she would close the claim. I cannot expect someone who doesn't know how Amazon works to check their messages, and surprise surprise she hasn't checked them, closed the case or replied to me in any way.

I refunded it 2 days ago now, but the case hasn't closed. I haven't really had many A-Z claims before, but I thought it's supposed to close once the buyer has been refunded. If you look at the claim and click refund it shows the full amount has been refunded, but the case is still open.

Should I just wait a bit longer? I would rather the claim is closed. The buyer has got a refund for a problem which was their own fault (not reading the description) and I didn't even request her to send me back the item. I just refunded it straight away.

rsot 03-14-2015 07:49 PM

Re: A-Z Claim question

Could be just the weekend delay in update. With an A-Z claim, buyer does not need to return the item....it's a selling loophole

jeffweico 03-14-2015 08:30 PM

The claim will most likely auto-close. By replying to her, you might have actually prevented the claim from auto closing. When you are going to issue any refunds, make sure the refund is the LAST step taken. It also may have nothing to do with that, Amazon could be having updating issues - it happens frequently.

xShevaa7x 03-16-2015 01:13 PM

Still not closed. Not sure what to do to be honest.

xShevaa7x 03-17-2015 01:28 PM

Thread update:

I replied to the case stating that the customer had been refunded and now the case has closed. Not sure if this was an automated thing that scammed the message for "refund" and checked if it had been refunded, or if a human looked at it (was pretty quick, so doubt it).