eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Illegal or Not? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/83937-illegal-not.html)

agag2 03-17-2015 07:03 AM

Illegal or Not?

Hi

I need to create multiple stealth Amazon associates accounts - however Amazon requests a name & social security number for tax purposes. I know I can create multiple LLCs and get a unique EIN for each one, however it is tedious process. And more importantly, it will cost me several hundred dollars per LLC.

My question is - is it illegal if I claim I'm from outside the US when I sign up for Amazon associates so they do not ask me for my SSN / EIN ?

Of course, I will be paying taxes on these funds I just don't want Amazon to link the accounts.

Is it illegal ? Can I get in trouble from the IRS?

Thanks

muzzie 03-17-2015 07:38 AM

Re: Illegal or Not?

If you claim that you are from outside US, you need everything from outside - IP, address, phone, ID, other docs. If you are able to provide them with such details, go ahead.

agag2 03-17-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 651085)
If you claim that you are from outside US, you need everything from outside - IP, address, phone, ID, other docs. If you are able to provide them with such details, go ahead.

IP, address and phone is no problem. What other docs do you mean? And how do you know they collect this for ALL international affiliates?

muzzie 03-17-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651091)
IP, address and phone is no problem. What other docs do you mean? And how do you know they collect this for ALL international affiliates?

If you claim to be Pedro Gonzales from Mexico, they may ask you to send in proofs, like utility bills and ID, so they can verify your identity. They may ask for it at any time. So, being stealth requires some "creativity" at certain points. They actually ask for an ID every their member, if it starts to sell high risk items, or if the account turnover is too high.

agag2 03-17-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 651095)
If you claim to be Pedro Gonzales from Mexico, they may ask you to send in proofs, like utility bills and ID, so they can verify your identity. They may ask for it at any time. So, being stealth requires some "creativity" at certain points. They actually ask for an ID every their member, if it starts to sell high risk items, or if the account turnover is too high.

This is for Amazon associates - not to sell on Amazon. I never heard them asking ID from associates..

jeffweico 03-17-2015 07:50 AM

Depending on what country you claim you are from, you may need an ITIN.

muzzie 03-17-2015 07:55 AM

Missed about associates. Cant say anything about them, sorry.

agag2 03-17-2015 08:54 AM

........Anyone?

rsot 03-17-2015 09:18 AM

Follow jeffweico's advice and experiment a bit - you might be able to teach the forum new things agag2

agag2 03-17-2015 10:16 AM

How can I experiment with potentially illegal stuff? Experimenting is fine but not in this case..

JamesNorth101 03-17-2015 10:27 AM

If you are concerned about legalities then you need to seek legal advise (and perhaps an accountant advise as well in this case)

agag2 03-17-2015 04:50 PM

Well I thought someone might know on the forum

GreenBean 03-17-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651080)
Hi

I need to create multiple stealth Amazon associates accounts - however Amazon requests a name & social security number for tax purposes. I know I can create multiple LLCs and get a unique EIN for each one, however it is tedious process. And more importantly, it will cost me several hundred dollars per LLC.

My question is - is it illegal if I claim I'm from outside the US when I sign up for Amazon associates so they do not ask me for my SSN / EIN ?

Of course, I will be paying taxes on these funds I just don't want Amazon to link the accounts.

Is it illegal ? Can I get in trouble from the IRS?

Thanks

Have you considered what amazon will do if they discover you are making a claim that is unture?

Make your stealth accounts correctly to reduce problems.

Taking The Micky 03-17-2015 06:19 PM

Just set up companies outside the US, then there is no legal issue. Bank accounts can be in the US in the offshore companies name.

alim 03-17-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651120)
........Anyone?

whether its illegal or not is another thing
but for those saying amazon will verify the details if you tick another country.i can confirm they wont send any followups for any verifications

agag2 03-17-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alim (Post 651293)
whether its illegal or not is another thing
but for those saying amazon will verify the details if you tick another country.i can confirm they wont send any followups for any verifications

Thanks! This is a step in the right direction.. Which country are you from?

GreenBean 03-17-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651307)

Check alim's flag.

You will find it is from Canada.

:canada:

:welcome;

alim 03-17-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651307)

its canada

agag2 03-17-2015 10:26 PM

Do they ask Canadians for any tax info? For example, do they ask you for a Canadian tax ID? Does the whole tax interview exist?

Thanks

alim 03-17-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651348)
Do they ask Canadians for any tax info? For example, do they ask you for a Canadian tax ID? Does the whole tax interview exist?

Thanks

when you start the tax interview for amazon and if your country is Canada,you simply tick that youre not a us resident and theyll give you 4 questions to tick and once you do and they determine that youre non us resident for tax purposes theyll just take your canadian or whichever country it is,its details.

by details i mean legal address and stuff not ein or SIN number for canada or anything those are not asked

GreenBean 03-18-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agag2 (Post 651348)

Thanks

ALL countries has tax matters to deal with: what stops your just making use of USA tax needs?

Explain if you could, please.

agag2 03-18-2015 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 651386)
ALL countries has tax matters to deal with: what stops your just making use of USA tax needs?

Explain if you could, please.

Sorry not sure if I understand.. Do you mean signing up as US resident and use my tax info?

As I pointed out in original post, I need to have multiple stealth affiliate accounts and they would be linked instantly like this...