eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Anyone still sell dvds* anymore or this too risky? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/84907-anyone-still-sell-dvds-anymore-too-risky.html)

jboone733 04-18-2015 08:43 PM

Anyone still sell dvds* anymore or this too risky?

I know Dis.ney was very popular for awhile. I stopped dealing with these myself but anyone have success with the dvd business anymore?

GreenBean 04-18-2015 08:44 PM

Re: Anyone still sell dads anymore or this too risky?

the good old days of selling dads....

If so, and it's anything disney, like Frozen etc, then still high risk.

Amazon clamped right down in this category

123 04-18-2015 08:46 PM

Re: Anyone still sell dads anymore or this too risky?

no my dad is pretty cool i wouldn't sell him :lol:

i sell genuine dvds every once in a while but overall its such a saturated market and risky with tons of foofoo stuff, so i wouldnt be interested in trying to make it a main selling item type of thing

jboone733 04-18-2015 08:48 PM

Re: Anyone still sell dvds* anymore or this too risky?

Damn you mac with your spelling corrections!! Dads are a hot commodity these days on amazon are they not?

GreenBean 04-18-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboone733 (Post 660631)
Damn you mac with your spelling corrections!! Dads are a hot commodity these days on amazon are they not?

I got a few lookers but no offers.

:)

Bunneh 04-18-2015 11:29 PM

Lol @ dads haha..

Torrents killed dvds though..

mufc365 04-19-2015 01:19 PM

It depends if the account is established or not. If it's a new account they will ask for invoices and after a careful review will either suspend the account indefinitely or give you a chance. Always best on a new account to build feedbacks and history before listing high risk items.

Personally as others say I think the DVD market is saturated with too many counterfeits. You only have to go on Ebay to tell. I am glad Amazon have more vigorous checks on place

jeffweico 04-19-2015 09:13 PM

You can no longer sell DVD's on Amazon without being pre-approved, and VERY FEW sellers are being pre-approved. And even when you are finally pre-approved, you have to give them invoices for EVERY TITLE you want to sell.

But even if that were not the case, I would not suggest DVD's. First, the market is saturated. Second, people lose accounts over it left and right. And third, if you ARE selling counterfeits, there is a MUCH HIGHER risk of being caught these days. They are RELLYY CRACKING DOWN! Don't believe me? Just search on Google News and you will see what I mean...

jboone733 04-20-2015 12:53 PM

Is that even used DVDs? I can't blame them for awhile 95% were probably not genuine

jboone733 04-20-2015 01:10 PM

Thanks Jeff , I checked out some more of those stories. I loved the one called "wu-mart" just busted sounds totally legit, wonder what went wrong? "Wu-mart for all your media needs, think no further than the wu!".

jeffweico 04-20-2015 03:15 PM

Yes, it applies to used ones as well. Otherwise, the counterfeit sellers would have just started listing everything as used.

It applies to any DVD with an MSRP of $25 or above (not an actual SALES price, but the price the manufacturer RECOMMENDS it be sold at, which includes almost ALL new releases and Disney DVD's). You can still sell Blu-rays on Amazon because there is not a huge problem with Blu-ray counterfeits - YET. That will probably change.

muzzie 04-20-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 661172)
Yes, it applies to used ones as well. Otherwise, the counterfeit sellers would have just started listing everything as used.

It applies to any DVD with an MSRP of $25 or above (not an actual SALES price, but the price the manufacturer RECOMMENDS it be sold at, which includes almost ALL new releases and Disney DVD's). You can still sell Blu-rays on Amazon because there is not a huge problem with Blu-ray counterfeits - YET. That will probably change.

I wonder if it is risky to sell Blu-rays on EB?