eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Buying my own product through my business account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/85947-buying-my-own-product-through-my-business-account.html)

platyplus 05-21-2015 09:50 AM

Buying my own product through my business account

Hi all,

Am I violating their TOS agreement if my business purchases product sold from my personal seller account?

If so, I may just use my business card to purchase an amazon gift card and set up a new account to purchase my own product.

We are a new business with limited cash on hand, so it's in our best interest to reserve our immediate funds for purchases that require it.

Thanks all!

jeffweico 05-21-2015 11:41 AM

Re: Buying my own product through my business account

While this CAN be done - providing you understand how stealth works and can avoid linking - it is always a risk. I never recommend sending money between PayPal accounts, ESPECIALLY on a regular basis.

It is not a matter of the TOS violation (it DOES, by the way) it is a matter of KEEPING the accounts.

slokor 05-21-2015 01:03 PM

Whats the point of buying your own product with another account?
I can think of a few reasons - none of them good - but just wondering what your reasoning behind this practice is.

miketyson 05-21-2015 01:11 PM

It's amazon not ebay/paypal if that's makes a difference.

JamesNorth101 05-21-2015 01:15 PM

Its a high risk thing to do.

You need to decide if loosing your account is worth it

platyplus 05-21-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 671293)
Whats the point of buying your own product with another account?
I can think of a few reasons - none of them good - but just wondering what your reasoning behind this practice is.

I used my personal funds to purchase products needed for our business, and would like to "transfer that product" to my company. I could just write myself a check, but that would dip into my business cash on hand, which I'd rather not so early into forming my business. Some of our business vendors do not accept credit cards.

platyplus 05-21-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 671283)
While this CAN be done - providing you understand how stealth works and can avoid linking - it is always a risk. I never recommend sending money between PayPal accounts, ESPECIALLY on a regular basis.

It is not a matter of the TOS violation (it DOES, by the way) it is a matter of KEEPING the accounts.

Not to be a hassle, but do you mind referencing the TOS violation?

Also, I have business licenses for two separate entities, so I might set up 2 new amazon accounts to do this as to not compromise my personal account.

rsot 05-21-2015 03:39 PM

Welcome to the forums - not worth doing especially if you have not grasped fully the stealth methods involved...linking might leading to block/suspension.

Taking The Micky 05-21-2015 05:04 PM

Set up stealth proper and you can do this. But you say you are a new business, are you just trying to get cash, cos if so, you are going to loose seller fees on each sale. Good way to loose money.

TonyAlmeida 05-21-2015 07:59 PM

And it's not guarantee you get the money from the seller account. You may loose all

jeffweico 05-21-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platyplus (Post 671306)
Not to be a hassle, but do you mind referencing the TOS violation?

Also, I have business licenses for two separate entities, so I might set up 2 new amazon accounts to do this as to not compromise my personal account.

I though you were talking about PayPal, my bad.

I have no idea if it violates Amazon's TOS, but I would be a bit nervous doing this. If anything, I would set up a separate buying account to do it. And even THAT can be risky if the accounts get linked. Remember, Amazon has better technology than eBay does.

GhostOfAmazon 05-22-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 671360)
I though you were talking about PayPal, my bad.

I have no idea if it violates Amazon's TOS, but I would be a bit nervous doing this. If anything, I would set up a separate buying account to do it. And even THAT can be risky if the accounts get linked. Remember, Amazon has better technology than eBay does.

It is definitely against their TOS.

It's called feedback manipulation.

rsot 05-22-2015 08:49 AM

As a new business OP - be careful