eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Multiple accounts: VMWare vs. multiple user accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/86537-multiple-accounts-vmware-vs-multiple-user-accounts.html)

sabbiman 06-10-2015 08:51 AM

Multiple accounts: VMWare vs. multiple user accounts

Am creating a number of multiple accounts and have been successful at doing so with different machines plus a VPN.

What I am wondering is...is it better to use WMWare software to create multiple accounts...or is it fine to simply use multiple user accounts on the same laptop?

wondering...

rice2k 06-10-2015 10:06 AM

Re: Multiple accounts: VMWare vs. multiple user accounts

Wouldn't they track you're ip or your Mac I'd? Or can you change that with wmware

Emanresu 06-10-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Wouldn't they track you're ip or your Mac I'd? Or can you change that with wmware
Sorry but whatever you have heard, no one can track your MAC unless you actively allow it by running an app that tracks it or by allowing a plugin that tracks it. You could change that in VMware. It isn't needed.

Quote:

or is it fine to simply use multiple user accounts on the same laptop?
If that is working for you then there is no need to learn something new. Using multiple user accounts is just fine.

123 06-10-2015 10:59 AM

I like vmware cause when you combine it with a VPN you can have 5 different computers running at the same time all with different ips

makes multi tasking a lot easier

sabbiman 06-10-2015 11:41 AM

But doesn't creating 5 different user accounts and adding VPN to each accomplish the same thing?

That is my question...

Is there any downside to just using different user accounts...or upside/benefit to using VMWare?

Or is it a wash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 676610)
I like vmware cause when you combine it with a VPN you can have 5 different computers running at the same time all with different ips

123 06-10-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabbiman (Post 676616)
But doesn't creating 5 different user accounts and adding VPN to each accomplish the same thing?

That is my question...

Is there any downside to just using different user accounts...or upside/benefit to using VMWare?

Or is it a wash?

No because I can switch between tabs in a second, switching user accounts is more of a hassle

revenge 06-10-2015 12:28 PM

Just being brief. Vmware is better for long term use, customization, maintenance and ease of access.

It's harder to track on vm when it's set up properly. You can scale more with vmware on a corporate level in managing a specific eBay account or all your accounts.

Emanresu 06-10-2015 12:50 PM

The downside to using VMware and a VPN is the cost but it is not much. Like 123 said, it is quick and easy to use VMware and a VPN once it is set up.

If you just have a few accounts and are not switching between accounts very often then different user accounts would be fine.

rsot 06-10-2015 12:52 PM

I use multiple user accounts on one computer but many ppl do the VMWare route so both work

outmatch 06-10-2015 02:42 PM

If I use VMware, do I have to set VPN for each account?

123 06-10-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outmatch (Post 676667)
If I use VMware, do I have to set VPN for each account?

Of course, because you dont want same VPN for each account

imozee 06-14-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 676610)

I am using vmware for 2 of my accounts. For the IPs, I am now using 2 different sim cards via dongle.

I am now thinking if it is possible for me to switch to using private IPs and connect via the same broadband at my home (where I will set the private IPs in the setting of my router). This is so that I can have faster internet speed with my home broadband, rather than the sometimes lagging and slow 3G connection of the sim cards providers.

My questions:

1) Is it safe or dangerous for me to switch to a different IP for each of my new accounts now (been selling for few months without any issues)?

2) Will amazon be able to track and trace the base IP (that is the IP of my current home broadband connection) via the private IP (which is supposed to masked my current IP) set up in my router? I have used the same home broadband for my old suspended account.

Experienced Amazon Stealth sellers, what are your advises or suggestions?

Lucifer 06-14-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 676623)
No because I can switch between tabs in a second, switching user accounts is more of a hassle

wow thats really good. Which OS u use while u using multiple in same time?

feadup 06-14-2015 05:16 PM

VMware is great, virtual box is amazing
Vmware is better because it gives you more network connections

revenge 06-14-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imozee (Post 677720)
I am using vmware for 2 of my accounts. For the IPs, I am now using 2 different sim cards via dongle.

I am now thinking if it is possible for me to switch to using private IPs and connect via the same broadband at my home (where I will set the private IPs in the setting of my router). This is so that I can have faster internet speed with my home broadband, rather than the sometimes lagging and slow 3G connection of the sim cards providers.

My questions:

1) Is it safe or dangerous for me to switch to a different IP for each of my new accounts now (been selling for few months without any issues)?

2) Will amazon be able to track and trace the base IP (that is the IP of my current home broadband connection) via the private IP (which is supposed to masked my current IP) set up in my router? I have used the same home broadband for my old suspended account.

What you're thinking of doing I have been doing for years. It's possible.

As long as you get a fresh dedicated ip you are ok.

Look luck configuring your router.

rsot 06-15-2015 02:58 AM

Fresh dedicated IP is key to avoid linking

feadup 06-15-2015 05:26 AM

Fresh dedicated IP is ONE OF the keys to get linked

123 06-15-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucifer (Post 677726)
wow thats really good. Which OS u use while u using multiple in same time?

I like using a bare minimum version of XP, it gets the job done and doesn't use too many resources

muzzie 06-15-2015 06:42 AM

VMware + dedicated IP for each VM is the key to your success.

outmatch 06-18-2015 04:10 AM

1. Are you talking about private IP or dedicated IP? I think they are different.
2. How you mask the IP of your current home broadband connection?
What set up in your router?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by imozee (Post 677720)

My questions:

mayflower 06-19-2015 02:28 PM

How to handle the VPN disconnection issue? Some time, VPN lost connection without any notification. Since our DSL is still on, the IP address became our home IP, this is high risk to expose our IP and identification to get out account linked.

Could we help from the expert on how to handle this issue?

jojo2012 06-19-2015 02:35 PM

You have to set your computer to FORGET your home Wifi name or else it will continue to connect anytime your other conection is lost.