eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   7 Years Later: Reinstated! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/86959-7-years-later-reinstated.html)

ViajeroChocolate 06-26-2015 04:35 AM

7 Years Later: Reinstated!

I've been reading this forum for weeks and started to set up a Ghost account but then decided to try and get my original seller account back. It had been banned about 7-8 years ago for a VERO issue. At the time, when Amazon's very first e-mail arrived stating that there could be an issue I immediately responded to them and asked if they wanted me to send in receipts for the item to prove authenticity. They responded a few hours later with a suspension notice and did not approve my subsequent appeal and said they would not respond to any further communication from me.

Since I was doing well on ebay, I did not bother any more with it and continued to sell there. I should mention I also had the same problem with ebay but they actually had a conversation with me and let me send in proof of authenticity, resolving the problem very quickly.

I was inspired to try to get my account back after seeing someone successfully do it here although they got theirs back pretty much immediately (a month after suspension as opposed to years) and after finding out that one company that felt I had a good chance of reinstatement wanted to charge me $500 to write a plan of action letter to get my account back.

To make a long story short, I wrote Amazon again telling them that I wanted to have my account reinstated, was denied the chance to submit evidence in my favor and was submitting a very detailed plan of action. I was polite and professional but firm and also expressed a desire to work with them. Two days later I got a response asking for receipts which I supplied. A few days later I got a reply saying to expect a decision in 48 hours. A week passed and I heard nothing. So I sent them a polite email stating that I had waited a week and still had no response and did not know if that was normal or not. The very next day, I got an email stating that my account was reinstated!

Of course there is the chance that I could run into trouble again but I have more selling experience now and also steer clear of items that tend to run into VERO issues and have found products that work very well for me without any issues aside from the normal ones that every seller encounters.

I am posting this as a thank you to the forum for being helpful to me and as a way of letting those who've had their account suspended know that with the proper wording and patience you can get your account back (assuming you've done nothing wrong) even if many years have passed since you've been suspended.

I am going to be very busy today but I will try to respond in between doing things, if anyone has questions.

xiaomi202 06-26-2015 06:20 AM

Re: 7 Years Later: Reinstated!

would you mind sharing a little bit of your detailed plan please? it would be very helpful. thanks

Kristy 06-26-2015 08:47 AM

Great news

rsot 06-26-2015 08:50 AM

Welcome to the forums - that is great news, keep up the good work

ViajeroChocolate 06-26-2015 05:19 PM

Xia: I basically acknowledged that the product was a VERO product and that companies are very picky about who sells them and as such, I would not sell the particular item that caused my account to be suspended and would stay away from VERO items that could cause problems. I also provided various receipts of items I wanted to sell and items that were name brand that I had purchased. Finally, I let Amazon know more about the general items I intended to sell and told them that if they ever wanted receipts for any item I posted I would gladly provide them, if Amazon gave me the chance.

Kristy and Rsot: Thank you. I appreciate the welcome and/or congratulations.

barrycruan 06-26-2015 06:11 PM

Great effort and thanks for the info. I'm actually trying to do the same thing at the moment.

I've noticed a lot of old chinese accounts coming back to life after years of being what I presume was suspended.

123 06-27-2015 03:15 AM

That's awesome, congrats!

slokor 06-27-2015 10:37 AM

Welcome to the forums friend - and congrats on your success story. Not too many of those that we hear of so every time one comes around its like a breath of fresh air.