eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Anyone else Switching to eBay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/87233-anyone-else-switching-ebay.html)

estrada 07-06-2015 11:55 AM

Anyone else Switching to eBay?

So many problems on Amazon I will be switching over to eBay more and more not just to sell but also for my purchases. I have some eBay stores and noticed things have actually been picking up there. I think there always needs to be a balancing force.

If there are any other sites that are good for stealth and have at least some traffic we should all vote with our dollars and products.

jeffweico 07-06-2015 04:41 PM

Re: Anyone else Switching to eBay?

I sell my books on Amazon, but most of my other items on eBay. Not that I list ONLY books on Amazon, but for some things I find I actually get more money on eBay than I would at Amazon. Of course, that all depends on WHAT you are selling. Sometimes eBay has the lowest price, sometimes Amazon does. And then you have to factor in volume as well.

Right now eBay and Amazon have the MAJORITY of the traffic. Sad, but that is just the way it is.

H4ck 07-06-2015 05:52 PM

If I was to describe it to you from a sellers perspective ebay beats you down with a sledgehammer and amazon chops your head off with an axe.

Both do not benefit sellers or favor sellers in anyway

GhostOfAmazon 07-08-2015 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estrada (Post 683029)
So many problems on Amazon I will be switching over to eBay more and more not just to sell but also for my purchases. I have some eBay stores and noticed things have actually been picking up there. I think there always needs to be a balancing force.

If there are any other sites that are good for stealth and have at least some traffic we should all vote with our dollars and products.

Not sure about the UK, but in the US, MOST items sell for more money (new OR used) on Amazon than on eBay. If I sell the same item on both sites, 80% of the time I will make more money selling it on Amazon. Amazon has a FAR higher customer satisfaction/trust rate than eBay, and for good reason. It used to be that eBay was very lenient (compared to Amazon) on counterfeits/scammers. That's starting to change, but the reputation will remain for a long time to come.

rsot 07-08-2015 08:14 AM

Always good to spread risk and activity over multiple platforms