eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   First stealth Amazon account, 1 question... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/87281-first-stealth-amazon-account-1-question.html)

pengd0t 07-07-2015 11:08 PM

First stealth Amazon account, 1 question...

I'm starting my first stealth account after getting suspended a year or so ago.

My (banned) name is attached to the wife's Amazon (non-selling) account as a shipping recipient and is associated with addresses related to my account that was banned, which is used to stream Amazon content on Rokus.

I'm planning to access Amazon on a new PC. The new PC is connected to a router that isn't doing anything else but putting another MAC address upstream from my Amazon PC. Above the router there's a switch it passes through, then above that there's the modem.

In this setup, the new Amazon PC will be connecting through the same modem that the Rokus on the other Amazon account are. Should this be an issue?

I believe in the Amazon Ghost guide it mentioned them tracking one MAC address up from the new PC. If that's true then I think this should work, but I'm really trying to get this right the first try.

Network Map
http://i.imgur.com/bxMy03a.png

jeffweico 07-08-2015 12:08 AM

Re: First stealth Amazon account, 1 question...

Yes, it will be an issue. You need a different IP address.

Some people say MAC addresses can be seen by Amazon and others swear that is impossible. I don't know who is right, but spoofing the MAC is probably a good idea, just to be on the safe side.

123 07-08-2015 12:19 AM

Yes you would need to change your router ip address & note each change or if you dont want to do that, go the VPN/VPS route then you dont have to note ip changes

pengd0t 07-08-2015 01:00 AM

I see a lot of VPN options. Any recommendations?

Would it be cheaper and more secure to run a server on AWS and create an ssh tunnel to make my own?

pengd0t 07-08-2015 01:23 AM

Wouldn't it be cheaper / more secure to create a cheap virtual server, run SSH, and tunnel traffic through it to make my own VPN? Or am I missing some other aspect of the Amazon / eBay specific VPNs that I'm missing?

OVH looks like they have virtual servers starting at $2.99/mo. The VPNs I'm seeing are closer to 10 times that.

DigitalCoke 07-08-2015 03:37 AM

the vps and tunnel may be cheaper. I also like how its not associated with your home ip in any way. i had to mess with my system clock to get the amazon orders to download. I run my own server at my office but have a dedicated isp for the ghost stuff just in case my vpn drops and the fail safe's fail. Then my mail account is still safe.

Taking The Micky 07-08-2015 09:15 AM

IP will be an issue, why not just use a 4g pocket wi-fi. Simple and no chance of an error. Also amazon don't track and cannot see your MAC address.

doL 07-08-2015 10:19 AM

I can't imagine using any kind of pocket wifi or tethering on Amazon. Crap is slow as it is on my fiber.

rsot 07-08-2015 10:32 AM

IP is important to deal with - MAC, no.

mshamazon 07-08-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 683407)
Yes, it will be an issue. You need a different IP address.

Some people say MAC addresses can be seen by Amazon and others swear that is impossible. I don't know who is right, but spoofing the MAC is probably a good idea, just to be on the safe side.

Jeff - you're so helpful with lots of things and I've seen this a few times, so I figured I'd remove all doubt:
javascript - Getting MAC address on a web page using a Java applet - Stack Overflow

You have to have a signed java or active x application (Internet Explorer) locally run in order to do this. Even then, you have to specifically enable this and most users probably don't even know how to go into their settings and disable the security that allows these to run (in other words, it's impossible to run it automatically).

I'm Graduating Computer Engineering and we've taken networking security courses that address (no pun intended) this sort of thing. It's not possible to get a MAC address so it's truly, really, 100% not worth the effort. Google how to find mac address + java | javascript | remote | localhost | (and the one people love to point out that will only work run locally): NetworkInterfaceNetworkInterface.getHardwareAddres s()

Also, guys like 123 and TonyAlmeida know MAC address is not an issue (I've seen in other threads).

It's like double wrapping - one condom will do, anymore and you're just wasting your time and making things less fun :(

Taking The Micky 07-08-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doL (Post 683512)
I can't imagine using any kind of pocket wifi or tethering on Amazon. Crap is slow as it is on my fiber.

Well I find 4g lightning fast from AT&T

pengd0t 07-09-2015 02:08 AM

Thanks for clearing up that MAC info. Completely makes sense.

ActiveX takes LOTS of enabling and browser pleading to run at all it seems in a post-XP world. I've got a business I support that needs activeX working in a particular way for one webapp and it is no small feat to make something like that work when they get a new Win7/8 PC.

What about Mobile devices though? Aside from connecting to the wrong wifi / IP and accessing, any other tracking going on? If I'm accessing Amazon for prices when on 3G/LTE will that be an issue? I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention phones.

I'll be weighing my IP options. Is there a downside to a VPN/SSH tunnel-style route?