Any chance that my emails to customers go straight to spambox? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Any chance that my emails to customers go straight to spambox?

Hi, I know that when I mark an order as shipped, Amazon will automatically send a shipping confirmation to the customer.

However, I want to send another email myself to customers to tell them if any bad things ever happen to their orders (order not received, damaged/defective items, etc.), they should contact me first instead of giving a bad feedback (or even worse: opening A-to-Z claim) and then disappear regardless of how I try to reach out for resolution.

The thing is I have about 40-50 customers per day and I cannot contact each of them through Amazon message system because it will cost me too much time. So I have this idea that I will use the email addresses that Amazon designates for each customer and email all of them at once through my gmail address (I acknowledge that this email will then again go through Amazon system and deliver to each customer). This will save much time for me but I'm afraid that:

- Amazon will flag me as spam and I don't want to receive another policy warning for this (I've already received a PW for excessive emails to a customer (well, I tried to contact her offering a Refund and a free Replacement for her damaged item but she denied and reported me for harassing her)).

- I don't know if Sending one emails to too many customers in Gmail like this will cause Gmail to mark my emails as spam and red-flag my gmail address so that my future emails will go straight to the spam/junk box of other customers.

I'm having a bit problem with explanation 'cause I'm Asian but I've tried my best to explain my issue.

Any answers are greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Any chance that my emails to customers go straight to spambox?

You will have no problem. I used to do this requesting feedback. You can run a daily sales report, covert it to excel, then copy and paste all the email addresses and send a bulk e mail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
nhocgreen (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I wold be hesitant to do this. While Amazon has no problem with sending follow up messages to their customers asking for feedback, they MAY have a problem with you asking them to contact you first if there are any problems. If you decide to do this, I wouldn't ask them specifically to NOT file a claim or a complaint with Amazon.

I could be wrong about this, but knowing Amazon the way I do, I could easily see them reacting negatively if you give them a way to contact you outside of Amazon or specifically ask them to not file a complaint or a claim about any problems they might have.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
nhocgreen (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

You can ask them to contact you first. BUT make sure to word it for them to contact you through there amazon account. Contact me first with your amazon account message seller...
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalCoke For This Useful Post:
nhocgreen (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I wold be hesitant to do this. While Amazon has no problem with sending follow up messages to their customers asking for feedback, they MAY have a problem with you asking them to contact you first if there are any problems. If you decide to do this, I wouldn't ask them specifically to NOT file a claim or a complaint with Amazon.

I could be wrong about this, but knowing Amazon the way I do, I could easily see them reacting negatively if you give them a way to contact you outside of Amazon or specifically ask them to not file a complaint or a claim about any problems they might have.
Thank you! I didn't notice about this issue and I didn't intend to convince customers to contact me outside Amazon. I didn't provide any other way to contact the customers except through Amazon Message.

This is a part of my follow-up email, should I change the part in red?

Quote:
If you have any questions or concerns with your order (shipping inquiry, orders not received, damaged/defective items, etc.), please feel free to contact us ANY TIME. We guarantee to respond your emails within 12-24 hours.

We try to keep Amazon staff from involving as much as possible as it will be really complicated for both buyer and seller when it involves investigations from Amazon.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
You will have no problem. I used to do this requesting feedback. You can run a daily sales report, covert it to excel, then copy and paste all the email addresses and send a bulk e mail.
Hi, thank you for replying. Can I ask if you received responses from those customers? I mean, I've been emailing my customers through Amazon Message but didn't receive ANY response from them. So I worry that there are some problems with the emails I've sent thus these customers couldn't read them.
Old 07-09-2015

Don't worry, customers rarely reply unless there is a problem. Just remember in your emails never disclose any of your contact details other replying through seller central.
Old 07-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhocgreen View Post
Hi, thank you for replying. Can I ask if you received responses from those customers? I mean, I've been emailing my customers through Amazon Message but didn't receive ANY response from them. So I worry that there are some problems with the emails I've sent thus these customers couldn't read them.
90% of your emails will be ignored. Most won't even be read.

Source: Using email tracking software when emailing Amazon customers.
Old 07-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Don't worry, customers rarely reply unless there is a problem. Just remember in your emails never disclose any of your contact details other replying through seller central.
Agree with this - not many customers reply back