Amazon account creation verification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Amazon account creation verification

I made an account a few weeks ago, all was okay and I was able to sell straight away.

Today I made another account and everything was okay registering, but upon creation it said they're verifying my information.

Is this something that happens every time now for new accounts or are their ways to get around this happening?

The only difference between the two accounts is the one that worked straight away was a PRO account and the one that doesn't was an individual since I didn't want to waste my free three months of PRO because I am only making them as a backup for now.

Is creating it as a PRO account the reason why I didn't need to be verified or is it just random?

They didn't ask for anything, but it says something like "we're verifying your information and will contact you if we need additional information."
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 93%
Default Re: Amazon account creation verification

What VCC did you use?
Old 07-19-2015
Threadstarter  

I used the same type for both. I'm not willing to post the name on a public forum as I know Amazon banned many of them, and it took a lot of hours to find one that works by digging around the forum.

I'm just curious whether this is a regular thing now, or it's something with the set up method, although the two were very similar apart from one being pro and one being individual.
Old 07-19-2015

Longevity: 53%

I don't think its anything to with luck or pro -v- individual.

Its down to the information on sign up, passport, address, bank account and type of CC. However from experience if the info is not asked on sign up it will be requested at a later date in any event.
Old 07-19-2015

Longevity: 51%

its a new thing. happens to all new account. they ask me everytime.
Old 07-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhbizz View Post
its a new thing. happens to all new account. they ask me everytime.
RUBBISH, I have just opened 2 accounts and did not have to submit any copies of passports or utility bills.
Old 07-20-2015

Longevity: 76%

How can you call rubbish on someone's findings? You have no idea whether mhhbizz gets asked every time. They might due to the way they set the accounts up. Just because you don't get asked all the time it doesn't make others findings wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
mhhbizz (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
RUBBISH, I have just opened 2 accounts and did not have to submit any copies of passports or utility bills.
Opened 5 accounts over the last 2 months, 4 were asked for info and 1 wasn't. 2 had account managers from the start and still asked for info.

I've also been asked for proof of account ownership (statement or certified letter). Anyone else had this?

As far as I am aware, they are trying to roll this out for all new sign ups in the UK. So I've been told by Amazon seller support.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaidy88 For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (07-21-2015)
Old 07-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

This has been in place for ages. Not new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidy88 View Post
Opened 5 accounts over the last 2 months, 4 were asked for info and 1 wasn't. 2 had account managers from the start and still asked for info.

I've also been asked for proof of account ownership (statement or certified letter). Anyone else had this?

As far as I am aware, they are trying to roll this out for all new sign ups in the UK. So I've been told by Amazon seller support.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freakzilla For This Useful Post:
zaidy88 (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Okay, an update guys. I think the account is okay now. The message is gone, it's hard to tell because it keeps changing the UI of Amazon and sometimes it shows in half English and half Spanish (wtf).

Amazon is also being extremely strange for me on the sign up process and is only showing Amazon.es and .it and wouldn't allow me to change to .co.uk until I had submitted the information for the account. I'm not sure whether that's an issue with Amazon failing to detect IPs correctly or what, but I have had this with two different ISPs and operating systems.

I will make at least 1 more account within the upcoming week, so I will come back to this post and update you on what happens with that. I will also list a few items on the new account within a weeks time ad update here accordingly.

I have had a lot of PMs from at least 5 people requesting the VCC I used because they're stuck. I really cannot tell you, it took me a lot of working hours to find a VCC that worked and the person who told me (on this forum), asked me not to tell anyone else. I'm not going to go back on my word to him, so I really cannot share it.

I feel bad for not telling you, but I gave the person my word.
Old 07-20-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
well you are lucky then.

I had 1 account opened last 2 year. it was my real amazon account. it got suspended. never had to provide documentation until i reached the velocity limit review. i got passed that. but suspended because of customer complaint.

2 account opened last year. using friends steal info. managed to get it running for about 4-6 months. it got linked maybe because of my lacked of skill and knowledge. they didnt ask for documents when first started. again asked during velocity limit. I supposed when i reached about 1k in sales. but cannot confirm that.

other accounts were opened either using stealth information recently and they all asked for documents. it has got to be do be the new Amazon Payment.

p/s; this is for amazon UK.

I dont get asked for these things when opening US account.
Old 07-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
How can you call rubbish on someone's findings? You have no idea whether mhhbizz gets asked every time. They might due to the way they set the accounts up. Just because you don't get asked all the time it doesn't make others findings wrong.
Because mhhbizz says to happens to all new accounts which it does not. Maybe the post should be corrected stating it happens to all their accounts rather than assuming it happens to all new accounts. And the OP asks at the outset
why documents were requested for one of their new accounts set up and not the second one.
Maybe you should learn to read the whole post also and actually understand what is being asked by the OP.
So basically what you are saying if someone writes a post we cannot correct them but have to believe its true. OK, amazon UK are now requesting fingerprints on all new accounts.
Old 07-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

I think it's bad that you come to this forum for info, but you're not prepared to share the info you have. If everyone was like this, not much progress would be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShevaa7x View Post
Okay, an update guys. I think the account is okay now. The message is gone, it's hard to tell because it keeps changing the UI of Amazon and sometimes it shows in half English and half Spanish (wtf).

Amazon is also being extremely strange for me on the sign up process and is only showing Amazon.es and .it and wouldn't allow me to change to .co.uk until I had submitted the information for the account. I'm not sure whether that's an issue with Amazon failing to detect IPs correctly or what, but I have had this with two different ISPs and operating systems.

I will make at least 1 more account within the upcoming week, so I will come back to this post and update you on what happens with that. I will also list a few items on the new account within a weeks time ad update here accordingly.

I have had a lot of PMs from at least 5 people requesting the VCC I used because they're stuck. I really cannot tell you, it took me a lot of working hours to find a VCC that worked and the person who told me (on this forum), asked me not to tell anyone else. I'm not going to go back on my word to him, so I really cannot share it.

I feel bad for not telling you, but I gave the person my word.
Old 07-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhbizz View Post
well you are lucky then.

I had 1 account opened last 2 year. it was my real amazon account. it got suspended. never had to provide documentation until i reached the velocity limit review. i got passed that. but suspended because of customer complaint.

2 account opened last year. using friends steal info. managed to get it running for about 4-6 months. it got linked maybe because of my lacked of skill and knowledge. they didnt ask for documents when first started. again asked during velocity limit. I supposed when i reached about 1k in sales. but cannot confirm that.

other accounts were opened either using stealth information recently and they all asked for documents. it has got to be do be the new Amazon Payment.

p/s; this is for amazon UK.

I dont get asked for these things when opening US account.
Yes I am talking about amazon.co.uk. As you see above other people are also lucky.
Old 07-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
I think it's bad that you come to this forum for info, but you're not prepared to share the info you have. If everyone was like this, not much progress would be made.
I'm honest, and I was given the source of the VCC on the condition that I didn't tell everyone about it, which is what I am doing.

It's a bit different sharing information when it's a wide spectrum, but if I was to say one specific brand of VCC on the open forum, it would get banned pretty quickly (like they all have been) and then no one can use it, and I would have screwed over the person who was willing to share the information to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
What VCC did you use?
I am being honest, you on the other hand pretended to be helping in order to help yourself out.
Old 07-20-2015

MICKY H - give it a break pal, the attitude is getting boring.

Freakzilla - there is a reason why things are kept behind closed doors. It's because the minute someone posts it on open forum it gets massively abused.

I bet there are hundreds of workarounds laying around between forum users that only a few people know about. Post it here and it would be shutdown within days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
xShevaa7x (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015

Prime example is the one to remove the 21 day hold on PayPal. Refund partial amount to the buyer think it was 2p or 5p and it would remove the hold on the funds.

Soon got shutdown as people abused it and every Tom, dick and Harry knew about it
Old 07-20-2015

Give what a break, correcting people when they are WRONG. Ok lets just agree with what everyone says on this forum and watch accounts get deleted or suspended. But then again this would be good business some. Anyway, just finished breakfast, surf up enjoy your day. Yes I am 11 hours behind you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
Lucifer (07-22-2015)
Old 07-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

I wasn't pretending to be helpful, I was being helpful. Search my posts, I have helped lots of people on here. I in turn have been helped also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShevaa7x View Post
I'm honest, and I was given the source of the VCC on the condition that I didn't tell everyone about it, which is what I am doing.

It's a bit different sharing information when it's a wide spectrum, but if I was to say one specific brand of VCC on the open forum, it would get banned pretty quickly (like they all have been) and then no one can use it, and I would have screwed over the person who was willing to share the information to me.

I am being honest, you on the other hand pretended to be helping in order to help yourself out.
Old 07-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

I know what you're saying mate, just thought it was poor to ask for info which isn't readily available, but not be prepared to share the knowledge they have.

Quote:

Freakzilla - there is a reason why things are kept behind closed doors. It's because the minute someone posts it on open forum it gets massively abused.

I bet there are hundreds of workarounds laying around between forum users that only a few people know about. Post it here and it would be shutdown within days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Freakzilla For This Useful Post:
Callidus (07-20-2015)
Old 07-20-2015

Is this the same Callidus who was sending me PM's for advice not long ago. WOW, you want your bread buttering on both sides lol
Old 07-20-2015

Usually when people have to boast how successful they are on online forums it generally seems to be the complete opposite, just saying.

Asking a question via PM is pretty standard, you don't know everything either otherwise you wouldn't be here. Obviously you're not that busy today seeing as you need to relight the fire.

Have a good day