eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Question For Amazon Stealth Pros! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/88214-question-amazon-stealth-pros.html)

socalgallj 08-06-2015 02:40 PM

Question For Amazon Stealth Pros!

Have been running a successful stealth account for 2 years using friends name and tax info.

Need/want to have my own tax info on that account.

I have an existing LLC (multi-member) set up for RE Investments and thought I could file a DBA and use the EIN number for that account.

If I make this change other than checking name on LLC (DBA name or original?) will Amazon look at owners names of LLC?

Any other recommendations before I move forward with that plan? Leave existing bank account or change name to match DBA?

jeffweico 08-06-2015 07:19 PM

Re: Question For Amazon Stealth Pros!

The bank account does not really matter, at least not from Amazon's point of view because they cannot see the name on the account. You may have YOUR reasons for wanting to do this, but it is not necessary for stealth.

So, you want to convert this to a business account to take your friend out of the picture as far as taxes are concerned. That is a good thing.

Yes, you can use an EIN from an LLC, although I don't know where you are going with a DBA in this case. Amazon COULD find some of the names associated with an LLC, in most states. But there is no indication they have been looking for this. If your account is in good standing and has no issues, I don't think they will look very closely at this - the account is already approved and selling with a good track record and I would assume your friend would back you up in an emergency (although the likelihood of Amazon getting nervous over this is very slim). I would just go ahead and add the EIN for tax purposes. This should be done online, but if they ask you why, just tell them that your tax guy is advising you to segregate and professionalize everything. That would be common advice from a tax professional and a perfectly logical reason for doing this. I have actually done this a couple of times with no issues, so you should be safe.

Of course I cannot make guarantees since Amazon can change their policies at any time, but I truly do not see any issues here.

Good luck!