Amazon Petition has over 2,000 signatures: - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Amazon Petition has over 2,000 signatures:

I think many petitions are a waste of time, but this one might actually make a difference. I signed it.

Help Correct the Fundamental Flaws in the Amazon Seller-Performance Department

https://www.change.org/p/all-current...edium=copylink

Here is the text of the petition:

Let me start by saying that I have tremendous admiration for Amazon and truly have the utmost respect for the good that they have brought not only to the United States, but also all over the world. It is thanks in part to Amazon that I am able to work for myself and have my wife stay at home and raise my young sons. However, there is a serious problem right now that we need to address. The problem is that fundamental flaws in the Amazon seller performance system are causing many good sellers and businesses to shut down due to suspension and removal of their seller privileges. This is causing serious damage within the Amazon seller community and is destroying many lives and businesses. All sellers are affected by this and many now work in constant (justified) fear of unwarranted account suspension. It is serious, let me explain...

It is an absolute necessity that Amazon Seller Performance removes any and all sellers who abuse their selling privileges. All Amazon customers, shareholders, and quality sellers deserve this. This is the job of the Amazon seller-performance team. It is a very important aspect of this business and maintaining the integrity of the Amazon name.

There seems to be a huge rise in the number of recent seller suspensions. The team responsible for this task is not built to perform all that it is asked of it right now. This is causing longer than necessary reinstatement periods and/or the complete removal of many sellers who have had long histories of providing quality products.

The suspension system is too impersonal. The suspension of an account is the same as shutting down a business or firing an employee (often, many employees). Many, if not most, sellers return after their first suspension, but only after weeks filled with worry and void of sales. This can be a crippling blow to any seller and is not conducive to improving their performance. Now sellers are in a tough spot and they feel the Catch-22 of the need to make up for lost income as well as keeping the Amazon seller performance team happy.

I am an Amazon selling coach and consultant for several large sellers and many smaller ones. Recently, I have been working with a disturbingly large number of suspended sellers. The high number of them is not the problem, it is the reasons (or lack thereof) behind the suspensions and the way in which they are treated during the reinstatement process that is concerning.

I am petitioning that Amazon requests that the Amazon Seller Performance team improve in the following ways. Jeff Bezos if you are reading this, I implore you to supply this department with the aid they need to implement these changes as soon as possible.

#1 All Suspension Cases Should Be Handled Promptly and within the Quoted Time Frame

Sellers are quoted a response time of 24-48 hours, but this is a far fetch from the reality of things. The average response time for my clients has risen to 7 days, all of them are typically quoted 24-48 hours.

If merchants on Amazon shipped their orders 3X-7x later than expected, they would have their privileges removed. The seller-performance representatives should be held to the same or a higher level as they are the ones judging the customer care provided by other sellers. This is not an appropriate situation and these representatives need to be held accountable, just as they hold the sellers accountable. The suspended sellers are not criminals or second class citizens. They may have made mistakes, but they deserve quick and honest responses.

How to Correct: It is my opinion that the seller-performance department is understaffed or underperforming. Hire more help or implement new procedures and place leaders within the organization who will improve response times. At the very least, require honest response quotes. If it will take 2 weeks, representatives should say so.

Have you ever been fired and told the decision would be made in 2 days and then you had to wait an additional 5-10? If not, you can imagine right? It is gut-wrenching. Please demand that they respect this and can empathize in some way with the suspended sellers.

Note: I am unaware of the procedures, but if cases are being passed between representatives or different shifts, this should be stopped immediately and each case should be handled by only one representative.

#2 Support Representatives Should Show an Understanding of Each Case and Fully Read and Comprehend Each Letter They Receive.

If an investigation is done of this department, you will find a disturbing reality is that most sellers get a canned, default response asking for more information, regardless of the case. I have never seen a seller performance response letter that stated anything specific to the case at hand. That is in 30+ letters over several months, which is no small sample. Sellers spend a great deal of time and effort writing their letters and they deserve for them to be read in their entirety. If they will not be read, they should not be asked to be written. They need to send an actual response showing they have read and understand the case, and not send each seller the same automated first email. This can sometimes happen 2-3 times before anything is specified.

This process seems to be more of a "slap on the wrist" instead of an actual corrective process. Amazon needs to analyze why they request that these letters be written and remember what it is that they are actually trying to achieve in the process.

How to Correct: Require that employees read the letters in full and can write responses stating what they have actually gathered from the letters

#3. Seller Support Representatives Should Be Specific and Clear in Their Responses.

Seller-performance representatives should not be permitted to be vague with their responses as this is not constructive. It should not be a process of the seller needing to “find their mistake” when very often, the problems were not even direct complaints or negative reviews. Much of the time, the seller is not seeing what the problem was because they did not receive any information about the issue.

How to Correct: Make it company policy that you cannot respond with canned template emails. Each letter should be custom. They don't need to be long, just concise, to the point and constructive. If there is information about a case that a seller cannot see, they deserve to have that disclosed so they can identify and address the problem or defend its validity.

#4. Seller Performance Should Provide Phone Support.

This may be the biggest one. I know that these calls would not be pleasant, but the fact that there is not a contact available for this department is truly egregious.

How to Correct: It should be possible to reach a representative in some fashion other than email. If not for all cases, at least for cases that are over several weeks old or for final removal cases.

#5 Seller Performance Needs to Become More Reasonable with Acceptable "Excuses" for Problems

In all of the letters I have seen written, the only ones that get reinstated are the ones that accept complete blame for the problem. Amazon wants to know that this problem will be fixed, but there are many cases when it was truly the fault of Amazon or another factor outside of the sellers control. Sellers are afraid to state anything but their own blame for the causes of the errors. This will get them reinstated, but the same case can be used against them should the error occur again. They have now created a hypothetical solution to a hypothetical problem. This is particularly the case with co-mingled inventory.

How to Correct: This can be changed when seller performance changes their overall dynamic and approach to suspensions. By implementing the changes mentioned previously, this will carry over into an environment that sellers will feel they can be honest and not merely lay down and take full blame for issues out of their control.

#6 Allow Sellers Who Have Been Suspended in the Past to Have a New Opportunity to State Their Cases to the (Hopefully) Improved Department

Many sellers have wrongfully lost their accounts and have given up. They deserve a fair chance if they weren't given one prior.

How to Correct: Create a small branch of this department for past suspension follow up.

Finally

#7 If There Is Not a Criminal Investigation Regarding the Case, Release Inventory and Funds Sooner Than 90 Days

This is the seller's livelihood and 90 days is an extraordinarily long and unnecessary amount of time to request. Although it is certainly written in the policies, Amazon is most likely to end up in a legal battle over this sooner rather than later, which they (Amazon) will likely win, but could be avoided entirely and at no costs. This is really a good-will issue. Why would Amazon want to do this to anyone? They don't, so lets fix it.

Note: I admit that there may be information I am missing regarding the reasoning behind the 90 day time frame so keep that in mind.

Again, I do not want to seem ungrateful for the opportunity that Amazon provides. It is truly an amazing opportunity. I am writing this because I know that Jeff Bezos and all shareholders wouldn't want to hear that this is happening. This whole issue is not Amazon's style and should be corrected.

Sellers, whether you have been suspended in the past or not, I implore you to join this petition to seek fair treatment for all sellers. You may very well be in this situation one day and you will want a fair opportunity to speak your case.

Sincerely,

Nate McCallister

Last edited by jeffweico; 08-19-2015 at 06:54 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Amazon Petition has over 2,000 signatures:

They will not take care of this until something like what happened with the abuses in their fulfillment centers.

Someone needs to write an in-depth article, and that article has to embarrass them.

That being said, wasn't there a court case not long ago where they were sued circa 2012 or something? If that doesn't move them, nothing will.
Old 08-19-2015

Longevity: 53%

Amazon won't even read it, they don't really care, its as simple as that. If one seller goes another seller sells the product and they collect seller fees, they are in a win win situation. I would think it will get to the point where amazon have to many sellers and the rules metrics etc will get tougher. Amazon want perfection from there sellers.
Old 08-19-2015

Longevity: 57%

Most cases I believe amazon is right to suspended most of these users. Most just end up going to ebay anyway (where the trash belongs), so I don't think most will lose sleep over it. On the other hand I've had accounts suspended due to other sellers falsely reporting because you're competition . All my accounts for several years have been closed due to a-z claims where the buyer simply changed their mind and wanted to return the item. but rather than opening a return request or messaging us, then open an a-z claim. And we all know this will cause you Order defect rate to sky rocket, followed by a warning, then a suspension.

It's funny that you talk about the seller needs to put the blame on himself to get reinstated. Because that's exactly the case. even though the customer is at fault, or the customer simply doesn't know the different between a simple return and a-z , most the item I have to explain it to them. They should change that to first offer the return request, and if that isn't resolved the a-z claim button comes into play. A little like ebay.

90 days is good compared to paypals 6 months. some customer claim a year later about their item, and they're still able to win any sort of dispute and get a refund, That is wrong. By law is should be 30 days and that's it, any longer should fall on weather the seller wants to offer it. But remember if yo don't have money in you account after 90 days is up, and someone files an a-z claim, then amazon will have to pay for it. This is why they're cracked down on those prepaid cards.
Old 08-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Signed. .
Old 08-30-2015

Longevity: 54%

If they lower the bar then shareholder value for the company will go down and Amazon will in turn lose customers. 2000 sigs means nothing if you really want to hurt amazon it's either a class action lawsuit for millions or some type of government regulation on their rules for sellers....
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
If they lower the bar then shareholder value for the company will go down and Amazon will in turn lose customers. 2000 sigs means nothing if you really want to hurt amazon it's either a class action lawsuit for millions or some type of government regulation on their rules for sellers....
You don't understand. It's not about "hurting" Amazon, nor "lowering their standards".

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-30-2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Starting trouble again..
Old 08-31-2015

Longevity: 51%

Signed and sent a letter with a mention of this petition to CNN Money, Yahoo Finance, NYT, Forbes. Will send to more and advise everyone else to do the same. The only way this might have have any effect is if it appears in the news.
Old 09-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 57%

AMAZON WANTS TO ONE DAY BE THE SOLE SELLER OF EVERY ITEM ON ITS SITE IN 5 YEARS.
That is its goal. One problem It cant possibly house every item in all of its warehouses without becoming over stocked. How does amazon create a data base knowing how many items to keep in stock at any time and also during seasonal months? It has amazon 3rd party sellers fill in the voids while AMAZON CREATES ITS SELLER DATA BASE.
Amazon is collecting EXO BYTES of info of all the items ALL of its customers want, when and what locations. Heaters for the east coast, pools for the west coast.
Once Amazon has a grasp of all this info, it will slowly phase out the 3rd party sellers who have listings. Amazon will drop ship and or store these items itself.

Amazon is using us to create its data base. It is already phasing out multiple categories because it has all the data it needs and is now the only seller. SHOES and clothing is one example. ONLY AMAZON SELLS IN THESE DEPARTMENTS.
Old 09-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXLM View Post
AMAZON WANTS TO ONE DAY BE THE SOLE SELLER OF EVERY ITEM ON ITS SITE IN 5 YEARS.
That is its goal. One problem It cant possibly house every item in all of its warehouses without becoming over stocked. How does amazon create a data base knowing how many items to keep in stock at any time and also during seasonal months? It has amazon 3rd party sellers fill in the voids while AMAZON CREATES ITS SELLER DATA BASE.
Amazon is collecting EXO BYTES of info of all the items ALL of its customers want, when and what locations. Heaters for the east coast, pools for the west coast.
Once Amazon has a grasp of all this info, it will slowly phase out the 3rd party sellers who have listings. Amazon will drop ship and or store these items itself.

Amazon is using us to create its data base. It is already phasing out multiple categories because it has all the data it needs and is now the only seller. SHOES and clothing is one example. ONLY AMAZON SELLS IN THESE DEPARTMENTS.
First, third party sellers CAN and DO sell clothes.

Second, they can't possibly get rid of everyone and stock every single item. It's simply not going to happen.

What they can, will and ARE doing is getting the data, finding the wholesaler, then UNDERCUTTING the sellers who are selling the item now, but they aren't suspending people just because they are competition.

Don't forget, Amazon takes a 15% cut of every sale, and they do 0 labor, storage, or CS for it. They aren't about to drop their cash-cow.
Old 09-01-2015

Amazon generates more sales through 3rd sellers then its own in house sales.

My view is that amazon will just come a portal for selling goods via 3rd party sellers, drop shipping and direct sales from the manufactures.
Old 09-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 72%

signed .. P.S: whoeevr wrote that, should be running Amazon themselves, we would be doing a far better job
Old 09-02-2015

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXLM View Post

Here is this crazy statement above again on two different threads.

It is heading the other way. WE are taking over Amz... and in five years, we will be the sole seller of every item.
Old 09-02-2015

Longevity: 76%

Oh, and about the petition, sorry but it will not make any difference.

2000+ people signing it means nothing to Amz.
Old 09-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay King View Post
Oh, and about the petition, sorry but it will not make any difference.

2000+ people signing it means nothing to Amz.
I completely agree, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Change has to start somewhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-02-2015), solefoodbk (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I completely agree, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Change has to start somewhere.
brother
Old 09-02-2015

Amazon will most probably research the names signed on the petition and suspend the accounts as knowing amazon's T&T you will not be able to say anything bad about amazon....LOL, then no marketplace sellers are on petition.....
Old 09-02-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Amazon will most probably research the names signed on the petition and suspend the accounts as knowing amazon's T&T you will not be able to say anything bad about amazon....LOL, then no marketplace sellers are on petition.....
In jest.
Old 09-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
I doubt they would spend the resources/manpower on such a trivial task....they aren't interested in suppressing free speech (unless it's politically correct...see "Confederate flag").

Even though the signing the petition is likely a waste of 45 seconds, every movement has to begin somewhere. At the very least, there are some 2,000 people who believe the current system is unfair and are willing to do SOMETHING about it. That gives me some small semblance of hope.
Old 09-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
In jest.
Of course