eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   new stealth account-use my ss or ein? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/88648-new-stealth-account-use-my-ss-ein.html)

socalgallj 08-20-2015 09:26 PM

new stealth account-use my ss or ein?

My original seller account was suspended 5 years ago. It was before FBA and I only sold for 2 months. I never registered my ss#(I still have access to the account metrics and such I just can't sell)

Anyway, I am setting up my second stealth account and going to use a variation of my real name as I have heard they will not ban for same names as long as EVERYTHING else is different.

So do I use my SS or the new EIN (sole proprietor) for business name I just registered?

slokor 08-20-2015 09:28 PM

Re: new stealth account-use my ss or ein?

You open multiple accounts and spread your sales across them - thus avoiding the whole SSN/EIN problem altogether.

socalgallj 08-20-2015 09:46 PM

Yes I have another successful stealth account and plan to open more but I would like another one that is more legit!

yankee 08-20-2015 09:55 PM

amazon requires tax info at 50 transactions.

You can decide then but depending on what you are selling personal accounts at 50 items can be very useful.

Taking The Micky 08-20-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 697016)
You open multiple accounts and spread your sales across them - thus avoiding the whole SSN/EIN problem altogether.

Your method, even 100 accounts you can only sell 5000 items, and selling the same items, you will get linked and imagine 100 bank accounts, 100 credit cards and managing all those account. Far simpler to open a LLC. Crazy idea IMO

Taking The Micky 08-20-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalgallj (Post 697015)
My original seller account was suspended 5 years ago. It was before FBA and I only sold for 2 months. I never registered my ss#(I still have access to the account metrics and such I just can't sell)

Anyway, I am setting up my second stealth account and going to use a variation of my real name as I have heard they will not ban for same names as long as EVERYTHING else is different.

So do I use my SS or the new EIN (sole proprietor) for business name I just registered?

You will be fine, just vary you first name, if Joseph use Joe,Joey,Jo etc

socalgallj 08-20-2015 11:01 PM

Yes but what would be better-the EIN or SS#

My thought was I can only get 1 EIN as a SP so since I haven't used my SS# maybe save my EIN for another account?

Do you think A looks closer into accounts that immediately sign up as a business etc using an ein vs regular new seller?

Taking The Micky 08-20-2015 11:11 PM

Use either, your choice, sounds like you will using both over time in any event.

Amazon look into all accounts on sign up to check for linking, then your sales and stocks will be monitored constantly.

beatingebay 08-29-2015 04:21 PM

Just a question on the SS number thing, has anyone heard about CPN# credit privacy numbers. they are registered to you, and it is a new SS#, wonder if these are really legit???
comments please!

Dmshark25 08-29-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatingebay (Post 699606)
Just a question on the SS number thing, has anyone heard about CPN# credit privacy numbers. they are registered to you, and it is a new SS#, wonder if these are really legit???
comments please!

I just googled CPN# and got the following:

"Whatever they’re called, officials say CPNs are bad news. First, they don’t actually exist, according to the Federal Trade Commission. Second, if you use any number in place of your Social Security number on a credit application, you are committing a federal crime."

munkron 08-29-2015 06:36 PM

Open up a Corporation or LLC and give them an EIN from there. I'm not too much of a fan of giving them my social.