eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Banned After 5 Years (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/89659-banned-after-5-years.html)

zoneout 09-22-2015 12:19 PM

Banned After 5 Years

Well, the inevitable finally happenned... booted off AZ after 5 years. Account healthy - all green. Seller rating at 98 - very good range. 94% good FB. Why?? Well I believe it was due to one customer complaint. I sent item to an old crotchety guy in Texas. He didn`t read the manual and started complaining I f...ked up the stereo system. He said the sound was muffled... probably from all the wax in his ears. So I told him to plug in the antenna for better reception (Hes in the boonies). Never heard from him again but the damage was done.

You have no way to defend yourself. Its nice that AZ lets you appeal (unlike ebay) but they dont tell you what order caused the issue so you are left shooting in the dark.

At this point I have a stealth ebay acct and will prolly go bac there even though I havent sold on ebay in 3 years. I have heard that they are more seller friendly now. We`ll see.....

ovidiu 09-22-2015 03:05 PM

Re: Banned After 5 Years

Come on, how much feedback on that account? How many other complaints before? Amazon does NOT boot you off for just one complaint.

GhostOfAmazon 09-22-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 707640)
Come on, how much feedback on that account? How many other complaints before? Amazon does NOT boot you off for just one complaint.

I agree, UNLESS the complaint was you were selling phakes......

Even then, a 5 year old account should withstand one or two complaints.

yankee 09-22-2015 07:31 PM

I agree with the above and also,
Why haven't you been selling on both platforms and why haven't you already opened another Amazon? It is less than 10 minutes to open a new amazon account and be listing.

yankee 09-22-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Unless a seller is extremely rude to a buyer. Being rude at all can kill an account no matter what the buyer says or how crazy the claim may be.

zoneout 09-22-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Buy an item from your competition and then complain about it. You don`t even have to call it a phake - although you can if you wanna bayonette them. The listing will get pulled immediately. Its great because they will not divulge who complained about them either so they have no idea who took them out.

It all comes down to the person in seller-performance that is looking at your account. They are in a bad mood - they will spread the poison around.

zoneout 09-22-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 707719)
I agree with the above and also,
Why haven't you been selling on both platforms and why haven't you already opened another Amazon? It is less than 10 minutes to open a new amazon account and be listing.

Because I was maxed out on Amazon... I didn`t need to do eBay any more. I was on ebay for 10 years and got tired of the BS there at the time (2012).

As for opening another AZ I didn`t see the need. The one account was healthy and I learned how to avoid claims.

Taking The Micky 09-22-2015 10:13 PM

An established account will stand complaints from customers as amazon know how many idiots are out there. There is more to the suspension than one complaint. Recently I had a performance notice as a customer complained that an item was phake, they requested I check my listing was correct but I was still able to sell the items.

zoneout 09-22-2015 11:42 PM

Amazon don`t care how established an account is or how big it is. If the person in seller-performance feels like hitting the suspend button nothing is stopping them. They got rid of plenty of heavy-hitters like toysrus to name one. Even better if they can keep your funds and inventory.

Taking The Micky 09-23-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 707762)
Amazon don`t care how established an account is or how big it is. If the person in seller-performance feels like hitting the suspend button nothing is stopping them. They got rid of plenty of heavy-hitters like toysrus to name one. Even better if they can keep your funds and inventory.

Yes we all know this, but they are quite reasonable with established accounts and will send notices if you have breached there terms. As I said they will not suspend an account over 5 years with one complaint. There is more to your suspension than what you are telling us. Sorry.

Gamefreak 09-23-2015 07:19 PM

being a seller on amazon for years going on 7-8 now... something is missing from this story and i care not to comment further

zoneout 09-23-2015 08:50 PM

Actually they did me a favor. I happen to be in the inventory screen to pull my inventory for other venues and my web site and dawned on me they are taking 16-18% fee for my items. Holy cow - never realized it was this high since they take a cut on the shipping too. Then I happened to notice they charge a refund administration fee - they actually have the balls to take another bite out for returns. They get you coming and going.

I was thinking about ghosting them but f them. Bunch of bloody leaches is what they are.

Good luck to all.

GhostOfAmazon 09-23-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 708037)
Actually they did me a favor. I happen to be in the inventory screen to pull my inventory for other venues and my web site and dawned on me they are taking 16-18% fee for my items. Holy cow - never realized it was this high since they take a cut on the shipping too. Then I happened to notice they charge a refund administration fee - they actually have the balls to take another bite out for returns. They get you coming and going.

I was thinking about ghosting them but f them. Bunch of bloody leaches is what they are.

Good luck to all.

Sour grapes.

vogeltron 09-24-2015 04:38 AM

Amazon and eBay definitely take their share and I have 10 plus years to gripe about. There is more to this story than being told.

Tell it like it is or have a pity a party by yourself.

zoneout 09-24-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 708144)
Amazon and eBay definitely take their share and I have 10 plus years to gripe about. There is more to this story than being told.

Tell it like it is or have a pity a party by yourself.

Well if there is more to the story how would I know? AZ never tells you which specific order has raised a flag with them. They will point out problems on specific ASINs so you can fix listings. But they will NEVER divulge order numbers that have been flagged. So pretty much all I am left with is the old buzzard from Texas that sent a message complaining about the product a few hours before the account was suspended. After I told him the pages in the manual to read I never heard from him again so apparently he is satisfied with the product now.

Bunneh 09-24-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 708336)
Well if there is more to the story how would I know? AZ never tells you which specific order has raised a flag with them. They will point out problems on specific ASINs so you can fix listings. But they will NEVER divulge order numbers that have been flagged. So pretty much all I am left with is the old buzzard from Texas that sent a message complaining about the product a few hours before the account was suspended. After I told him the pages in the manual to read I never heard from him again so apparently he is satisfied with the product now.

Do you perhaps share an IP with someone else who has a amazon account?
Have you done a lot of refunds over the months?

solefoodbk 09-26-2015 03:22 AM

We all know Amazon doesn't boot someone off ONE complaint. Lets be real, if they truly did this they wouldn't even have a marketplace for sellers.

Common sense.

:doh:

user3657 09-26-2015 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 708644)
We all know Amazon doesn't boot someone off ONE complaint. Lets be real, if they truly did this they wouldn't even have a marketplace for sellers.

Common sense.

:doh:

I believe this but if you have been reading the official Amazon forums the past month others have been booted for just one complaint recently.

Amazon is getting very stricter lately.

GhostOfAmazon 09-26-2015 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by user3657 (Post 708668)
I believe this but if you have been reading the official Amazon forums the past month others have been booted for just one complaint recently.

Amazon is getting very stricter lately.

On NEWER accounts, YES, one complaint and you're done.

On established, 5+ year old accounts? Not a chance.

solefoodbk 09-26-2015 03:13 PM

And are the people who are winning posting saying so? Nope.

When you search for negativity you find it. As Amazon grows of course more sellers will join, just because there more people saying that doesn't mean it applies to everyone. It ALL depends on the situation, they don't blankety suspend new sellers off one screw up. No business operates at 100%, none.

And again, if your winning (I.e selling successfully on Amazon) why waste time and post on such a thread like the one you mentioned?

Common sense.

solefoodbk 09-26-2015 03:17 PM

We will very soon get tons of threads of members complaining its "slow", watch.

And I guarantee you just because the 5-10 who complain and say eBay is going down hill etc etc because it's "so slow" doesn't reflect ALL sellers.

Same thing.

When you search for something to reconfirm a belief you ALREADY have, it doesn't really do anything for you.

yankee 09-26-2015 04:27 PM

I got blocked on a 22 day old account for a complaint. 14 day block. Account sold exactly 67 items in 22 days. One complaint and was blocked for 14 days.

I made an error and sent the wrong item. The person was irritate. I gave them a full refund and they still dinged me.

I was not not banned or deleted. The account was 22 days old.

Now I am going back to selling more stuff and leaving this silly thread alone :)