eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Prepaids/Gift cards no longer work for buying on amazon? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/89670-prepaids-gift-cards-no-longer-work-buying-amazon.html)

Russell007 09-22-2015 03:41 PM

Prepaids/Gift cards no longer work for buying on amazon?

I've been using Vanilla gift/prepaids for a long time with no problem. But for some reason recently all my orders have been getting AVS instantly stating my orders can't be shipping because billing info is wrong and the account will be on hold. I'm not doing anything different. Always registering a zipcode before placing an order and always having a little extra money on a card in case they have $1 hold. So what gives? Have they stopped accepting those vanilla cards? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

GhostOfAmazon 09-22-2015 06:55 PM

Re: Prepaids/Gift cards no longer work for buying on amazon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell007 (Post 707661)
I've been using Vanilla gift/prepaids for a long time with no problem. But for some reason recently all my orders have been getting AVS instantly stating my orders can't be shipping because billing info is wrong and the account will be on hold. I'm not doing anything different. Always registering a zipcode before placing an order and always having a little extra money on a card in case they have $1 hold. So what gives? Have they stopped accepting those vanilla cards? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

They stopped accepting Vanilla and most other pre-paid cards about 2 months ago....this is old news.

Russell007 09-22-2015 07:05 PM

To me it's not old news. It was working fine for me until about 2 weeks ago. Besides,it's pretty lame that they stopped accepted them even though on their site it clearly states that they DO accept prepaids/gift cards.

MM78 09-22-2015 07:10 PM

They have stopped....as "lame" as that is.....time to move on. There's no point in crying over spilled milk.

GhostOfAmazon 09-22-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell007 (Post 707713)
To me it's not old news. It was working fine for me until about 2 weeks ago. Besides,it's pretty lame that they stopped accepted them even though on their site it clearly states that they DO accept prepaids/gift cards.

2 weeks ago huh? Must have been some kind of vodoo......

Gift cards on Amazon are a thing of the past....unless you do some serious research. I know of one that works, but I'm not sharing....

MM78 09-22-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 707746)
I know of one that works, but I'm not sharing....

Wanna re-think that?
http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/5715814...tory_large.jpg

Russell007 09-23-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 707746)
2 weeks ago huh? Must have been some kind of vodoo......

Gift cards on Amazon are a thing of the past....unless you do some serious research. I know of one that works, but I'm not sharing....

2, maybe 3 weeks. but def was using it this month without a problem.

I do know which one works too, but it's a little annoying. Would've save myself a few brain cells if Vanillas would still work.

dealagreeproceed 09-23-2015 01:07 AM

dam you cant even buy with them on the site??? thought it was just a seller acct issue...

AmazonAMust 09-24-2015 11:38 PM

Amazon still accept pre-paid, cash cards etc for purchases.
The problem most likely was the verification of the card. Go online with the card issuer, and change profile info.
If you have to, talk to a live agent at the pre-paid card to complain about the purchase verification to find out what the issue might be

Taking The Micky 09-25-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazonAMust (Post 708362)
Amazon still accept pre-paid, cash cards etc for purchases.
The problem most likely was the verification of the card. Go online with the card issuer, and change profile info.
If you have to, talk to a live agent at the pre-paid card to complain about the purchase verification to find out what the issue might be

And whats the point of your post, people on this forum want cards for sellers accounts not buying accounts.

armadatz 09-26-2015 02:14 AM

does any one know where to buy vcc to verify seller account?

cashout 09-26-2015 04:15 AM

I know gift card that will work worldwide whit amazon :) they have few option that will work 100% sure

muzzie 09-26-2015 04:40 AM

I was not able to add my REAL plastic bank-issued Mastercard classic (non-prepaid) card. AZ, cmon! :(

user3657 09-26-2015 04:52 AM

They have made some changes, I have noticed starting about 3 weeks on my buying account.

aspkin 09-26-2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell007 (Post 707661)

They're really cracking down on prepaid cards.. wow.

That's a HUGE portion of buyers (those who use prepaid cards), that will hurt them in the long run. Bad move Amazon.

GhostOfAmazon 09-26-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 708676)
They're really cracking down on prepaid cards.. wow.

That's a HUGE portion of buyers (those who use prepaid cards), that will hurt them in the long run. Bad move Amazon.

Yes, but think of how many auto-pay things that don't go through.....

Prime, Audible.com, monthly subscriptions that give a 15% product discount, Kindle Unlimited Subscriptions.....

Not to mention the people here who abuse Amazon and leave them stuck holding the bag after a disbursement.

I think they know what they are doing.....

AmazonAMust 09-28-2015 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taking The Micky (Post 708369)
And whats the point of your post, people on this forum want cards for sellers accounts not buying accounts.

Please, find something else to do and stop making idiotic & uneducated comments on our posts.

JUST LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST ITSELF, The member, and everyone else posting to this thread, except you, was talking about gift / cash cards for Amazon's purchases, not seller accounts.

Go somewhere else, and stop commenting sarcastically on our posts!

rsot 09-28-2015 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashout (Post 708658)
I know gift card that will work worldwide whit amazon :) they have few option that will work 100% sure

And continue - have you notified the moderators (purple names) to provide knowledge to the forums?

cashout 09-29-2015 09:31 AM

And continue - have you notified the moderators (purple names) to provide knowledge to the forums?

What knowledge I provide ?