Selling Privileges Removed - Quick Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Selling Privileges Removed - Quick Question

My seller account has failed the review process.

This happened as soon as I added a bank account, but if it was because the bank accounts are linked, wouldn't they tell me?

I used Chase.

I never used the account before on Amazon for anything either, I would see no reason for it to be linked.

All it said is that the seller account has failed the review process. What could the reason be?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Selling Privileges Removed - Quick Question

Who knows? And NO, Amazon would not necessarily tell you. How did you have this account set up? Amazon uses a lot more technology than eBay does to catch stealth accounts. Browser fingerprinting for example. So, the methods used for Amazon Stealth accounts are different from the methods used for stealth eBay accounts. With Amazon, it is not as simple as creating a new Windows user account and making sure everything is different.
Old 09-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

This account was running perfectly for months until a bank account was put in.

It was through a VPS.
Old 09-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

OK, stealth accounts on Amazon can work beautifully on a VPS. In fact, if an account is going to go down, it usually happens in the first 24-28 hours and definitely within 7 days.

But it is entirely possible that adding the bank account had nothing to do with it. Or, the account number could have been recycled and have been previously used on Amazon. Some banks ARE starting to recycle account numbers. I don't know if Chase is one of them.

I have never used Chased with Amazon before. I have had a lot of success with Woodforest and Bank of America.

When I tried using prepaid accounts, every single Amazon account I tried it on died within a week, so I wouldn't go there.

But it could be things other than the bank. It could be the VCC used (I am assuming it was a VCC?) or it could be they tried to call you and could not reach you. I had accounts where Amazon called me in the morning, got my voicemail and then 2 hours later the account died.

When you try again, I would definitely not just use the plain vanilla browser out of the box that is on the VPS. I would choose some add-ons and also some different themes. It has worked for me. Amazon accounts, in my experience, have a 30% death rate, even when you do everything right - but that usually happens within the first week. So, it IS a bit strange that your account went down after a couple of months.
Old 09-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Oh, was this a Windows VPS or a Linux VPS? Because a lot of Windows VPS's that are cheap use data centers in China that APPEAR to be in the US, but their times are always screwed up. They also tend to use Windows Server 2008 and other flavors of Windows not used by most consumers. I recommend Linux VPS's for Amazon accounts if you are going to take that route.

The two other ways to do it are by using your own connection and making the stealth account in your area, or by using VMWare Workstation and a VPN. But with Amazon you cannot just create a new Windows user account and register. THAT is an account-killer.
Old 09-28-2015

Longevity: 53%

MUNKRON, if amazon link an account and there is no bank account added I believe amazon keep the account running as you cannot withdraw the money. They wait the the bank account to be added then suspension. Also if you have a selling account running for a few months with no bank added, this must strange also to amazon as people generally want there sales.
You at to look at your setup methods especially IP.

GEOFF, amazon don't use browser finger printing. Also are you sure banks are recycling bank account numbers, where did you get this info as this could cause tax implications for the new and old account holders.
Old 09-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Ummm... Actually, Amazon DOES use browser fingerprinting. And here is a link to an article in the LA Times regarding recycled account numbers. This is not a secret, it has been happening for awhile now with certain banks:

Reused checking numbers give previous owners keys to your account - latimes
Old 09-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Ummm... Actually, Amazon DOES use browser fingerprinting. And here is a link to an article in the LA Times regarding recycled account numbers. This is not a secret, it has been happening for awhile now with certain banks:

Reused checking numbers give previous owners keys to your account - latimes
Thank Geoff never realised that banks actually did this.

However I will disagree on browser finger printing, they use flash cookies etc, but logging timezone offset, list of installed plugins, available fonts, screen resolution, language etc, this is not done.
Old 09-29-2015

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Thank Geoff never realised that banks actually did this.

However I will disagree on browser finger printing, they use flash cookies etc, but logging timezone offset, list of installed plugins, available fonts, screen resolution, language etc, this is not done.
Umm. Jeff is correct. Even on the amazon website, it tells you flat out the information Amazon collects when you visit their site. Mouse clicks color depth, browser, browser this, that etc Time zone. etc. Go to Browserleaks.com and everything that comes up is everything that Amazon collects from its users.

Now, whether they actually compare this data when needed is another story. Takes a lot of resources to match up millions of log ins per day. Not really necessary unless they want to.

Ive made 6 accounts and they never matched my browser footprint. Simple thing such as changing screen resolution helps.

ALSO: The email saying your account did not pass the REVIEW process. Was your account put in REVIEW? For example: Amazon does this with new accounts if you go over an average selling amount of 750 dollars in a month.

Kinda need more info on what you were doing other than just a bank account. Did the names match? Were they completely different?

ALSO: Amazon does not like VPNs. They have most of the IPs black listed.
Old 09-29-2015

Longevity: 49%

Automatic Information

Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers ; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We may also use browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Web site for fraud prevention and other purposes. During some visits we may use software tools such as JavaScript to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maliquest For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (09-29-2015), jeffweico (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post

ALSO: The email saying your account did not pass the REVIEW process. Was your account put in REVIEW? For example: Amazon does this with new accounts if you go over an average selling amount of 750 dollars in a month.
This is no longer true. Amazon USED to do this, but stopped months ago.
Old 09-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
Automatic Information

Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers ; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We may also use browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Web site for fraud prevention and other purposes. During some visits we may use software tools such as JavaScript to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes.
Well if thats what they collect they definitely don't use it on sellers account's for linking or my accounts would be dust. This information is collected for their sales and promotions. Do you actually realise that your browser is not very unique. Try Google, there is a website that identifies how unique your browser is https://panopticlick.eff.org. They will not delete over 10,000 people with the same fingerprint.
Old 09-29-2015

Just a bit like you then, non-subscribed. GB was telling a few things about you.....
Old 09-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

TakingTheMickey is correct in that Amazon is NOT going to ban someone based on a browser fingerprint alone. But when these things come up, their security people start looking at the account and that is what we are trying to avoid.

Maliquest, thanks for letting us know about Browserleaks.com - I didn't know that one. Panopticlick is a good one too. And they have links to other platforms that test for stuff as well. Thanks also for the info from Amazon's privacy policy.

With Amazon, the bottom line is caution! Amazon relies more on technology than eBay does. eBay tends to rely more on traditional things, like public records and such. But I always try to exercise caution because that could change at any time. I know that today eBay is not using browser fingerprinting. But that does not mean that they will not use it tomorrow. So being cautious always pays when it comes to stealth.

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-30-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-30-2015

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Well if thats what they collect they definitely don't use it on sellers account's for linking or my accounts would be dust. This information is collected for their sales and promotions. Do you actually realise that your browser is not very unique. Try Google, there is a website that identifies how unique your browser is https://panopticlick.eff.org. They will not delete over 10,000 people with the same fingerprint.
Micky when I ran this on my iPad I get the following results

Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 2,946,800 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours.
Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys 21.49 bits of identifying information.

Pretty unique isn't it? Or am I missing something? Will run the same test later in my desktop.would be curious to know what other members get.
Old 09-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
Micky when I ran this on my iPad I get the following results

Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 2,946,800 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours.
Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys 21.49 bits of identifying information.

Pretty unique isn't it? Or am I missing something? Will run the same test later in my desktop.would be curious to know what other members get.
The only way your fingerprint would be "generic" or "similar" to hundreds or even dozens of others is if you run a VERY common browser with NO add-ons, i.e. Internet Explorer Version 11, no add ons, and is COMPLETELY STOCK, with a very popular OS (i.e. Windows 7, normal 15 or 17 inch laptop, etc etc...)

Even then, in modern times, very few people use browsers like this. Hell, even my Grandmother, who is 73, uses Firefox and has "Add-block" installed as a plug-in!
Old 09-30-2015

Longevity: 54%

Very good information guys! Thanks