Selling Items that noone else is selling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Selling Items that noone else is selling

I have a question im hoping someone will be able to answer. Over 2 years ago I used to sell posters on Amazon of celebrity images and got closed down due to being reported several times for selling copyright protected images.

Ive moved on from this now and buy and sell used alloy wheels through ebay and gumtree but it suffers badly over christmas and got me thinking. My partner used to also have an amazon account selling cushions she used to make herself. Was steady through the year but made some good money over the holiday period.

She got her account closed as they linked it to my own account so she can no longer sell them on amazon. Question is if I set up a ghost account so we can sell them again especially through christmas would it flag up with amazon that they are the same items?

The items are still on amazon although showing as out of stock, these were items that were created by us on that account so wondering whether a new account suddenly selling an item that was only being sold by an account thats been suspended would be a fast way to them closing it straight down.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2015

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Selling Items that noone else is selling

Its possible, but you'll have to make sure all the details are unique and have not been used before. List other items for sale, not just that 1 particular item. Price the other items high enough that others wouldn't buy, but not high enough where it looks suspicious.
Old 10-07-2015

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

The simplest way would be to list these items again using a different UPC code. You loose the 'rating' listing but have a clean listed new product.
Old 10-08-2015
Threadstarter  

We had about 250 products running at the time. If I created new products using new UPC's, new images for the products and just slowly built things up rather than dumping everything on at once we shouldnt flag up any allerts?
Old 10-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If everything is different you SHOULD be able to do this, but remember that any buyers could STILL report the new listings as violating Amazon's policies.
Old 10-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity_crisis View Post
We had about 250 products running at the time. If I created new products using new UPC's, new images for the products and just slowly built things up rather than dumping everything on at once we shouldnt flag up any allerts?
That is a lot of products on a new account
Old 10-08-2015
Threadstarter  

I wouldnt put them all in one go. Just build it up slowly. The cushions wont be a problem with being reported as they were her own designs.
Old 10-08-2015

Longevity: 51%

i think your plan is alright. you can definitely build the ghost account slowly.

if you ever wanted to list on the old listing, just make sure you are already an established seller that have sold some other stuffs or made already some other listings that are not related.

hope that helps
Old 10-09-2015

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
If everything is different you SHOULD be able to do this, but remember that any buyers could STILL report the new listings as violating Amazon's policies.
I am in the same situation as identity_crisis that is unique listings that only me is selling and now that I am suspended those items show as out of stock. I am thinking to recreate them all using new UPCs however I am worried of exactly of what jeff is pointing out. How long do they remain in the system as "dead" ASINSs assuming no one comes to resell them? They surely do not stay there indefinitely do they?
Old 10-09-2015

Longevity: 53%

I am sure if those goods were unique to you and nobody has sold them since you were suspended and all of a sudden a new seller starts selling them you will be linked. ASIN are in the system forever, they are never deleted. They may be hidden from view but never deleted.
Old 10-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Well I have a few products I never sold on amazon so will start with those build things up slowly then introduce the cushions but create brand new products and use new images and see how I get on.
Old 10-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
I am sure if those goods were unique to you and nobody has sold them since you were suspended and all of a sudden a new seller starts selling them you will be linked. ASIN are in the system forever, they are never deleted. They may be hidden from view but never deleted.
They are hidden from viewing in amazon but they still show up in google and can be viewed by following the links from there although they are unavailable for sale.
So it seems its better for sellers of unique products to relist them with new UPCs and create brand new products. However I am thinking that if you do not change the titles and photos you are running a higher risk of those new listings running side by side with the old unavailable listings in google and get linked by customers who might report this to amazon...or am I thinking too much?

Last edited by fantomas0405; 10-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2015

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
They are hidden from viewing in amazon but they still show up in google and can be viewed by following the links from there although they are unavailable for sale.
So it seems its better for sellers of unique products to relist them with new UPCs and create brand new products. However I am thinking that if you do not change the titles and photos you are running a higher risk of those new listings running side by side with the old unavailable listings in google and get linked by customers who might report this to amazon...or am I thinking too much?
Re-using the old titles may link, but doubtful solely on that.
The pictures are another story though. DO NOT reuse the pictures, take new ones.
The old pics contain too much data and you will be linked (90%).
Hopefully you can make clean photos for the new listings.
Old 10-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Re-using the old titles may link, but doubtful solely on that.
The pictures are another story though. DO NOT reuse the pictures, take new ones.
The old pics contain too much data and you will be linked (90%).
Hopefully you can make clean photos for the new listings.
You mean that reusing the same old pics on new listings with new UPCs will put the account in the radar of the Amazon bots? Do they really have systems to check this too? I was more thinking that it is more likely customers noticing old and new listings in google with same pics and reporting to amazon.
Changing the titles slightly is easy enough but its a lot of work to make new pics making this hardly worth it. Unless a simple thing like changing the contrast or brightness of the pic makes it "new" again. Any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
You mean that reusing the same old pics on new listings with new UPCs will put the account in the radar of the Amazon bots? Do they really have systems to check this too? I was more thinking that it is more likely customers noticing old and new listings in google with same pics and reporting to amazon.
Changing the titles slightly is easy enough but its a lot of work to make new pics making this hardly worth it. Unless a simple thing like changing the contrast or brightness of the pic makes it "new" again. Any suggestions?
maybe you can use something like Exif Stripper to cleam metadata of you pictures
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
fantomas0405 (10-14-2015), Phd (10-13-2015)