Linked because of similar products? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-12-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 286
Thanks: 31
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (1)
Default Linked because of similar products?

Hi Guys,

I know a new account shouldn't sell the same products to a previous amazon account but does this mean the same ASIN number or similar category items e.g if I was selling xbox games before can I continue selling these as long as I'm selling different titles / games even though they are still xbox games?

Same question regarding books too>

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 12-13-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,975
Thanks: 520
Thanked 721 Times in 520 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
Hi Guys,

I know a new account shouldn't sell the same products to a previous amazon account but does this mean the same ASIN number or similar category items e.g if I was selling xbox games before can I continue selling these as long as I'm selling different titles / games even though they are still xbox games?

Same question regarding books too>

Thanks!
I wonder what people are thinking when they ask questions like this.

Honestly do you think out of over 2 million sellers, you're the ONLY person to sell Xbox games? There must be at least a thousand other sellers who sell in any given category. How would they link you based on CATEGORY?

And Books? Are you trolling right now?

Yup----you can't sell books, because your last account sold books, never sell books again, OR ELSE!

__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 45
Thanked 344 Times in 280 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

james, a sensible answer for you.

If you are listing different ASIN's you will be good to go.

You should be OK with 5 new ASIN to 1 old ASIN in the mix.

After 90 days you should be OK listing all your old stock.

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
aleen (12-13-2015)
  #4  
Old 12-13-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 151
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

If you are the only seller with no other sellers selling the same products is it still ok to relist same stock after 90 days? I am guessing that this might get me linked even if I wait for the account to age with some new products. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 45
Thanked 344 Times in 280 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

TBH, I cannot give you an answer on that "fantamas". Usually there is more than one seller selling a product. Is your own unique product, if so create another listing for it so you get a new ASIN, as I would say there would be an excellent chance of being linked.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
aleen (12-13-2015), fantomas0405 (12-13-2015)
  #6  
Old 12-13-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 151
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Yes I am really the only seller. And yes I will most likely create new ASINs...i cannot afford retaking and using new pics but I will try changing titles and descriptions and will attempt to "clean" the old pics as much as I can. This is for a stealth EU amazon account. I also have a normal US amazon account. I am just worried that for the same product the ASINSs will not match between US and EU. Will this be a problem? Too risky? Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 45
Thanked 344 Times in 280 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

US and Jp don't share info. US and UK,DE,Sp,IT don't share info
US and FR may do, so beta software I understand is running.
All EU accounts share info with each other
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-13-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 151
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Yes I am aware that US and UK do not share info. I am not so worried that amazon might find out but more so that a customer might report the ASINs mismatching between UK and US to amazon. For example this product should look like this when viewed on the two sites (should have the same ASIN)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0157M38KO for US
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0157M38KO for UK

However if I create new ASIN in UK then it will not match the ASIN in the US. If a customer views the same product on both amazon US and UK and notices that the ASINS are not the same could this be risky? Am I thinking too much?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-13-2015
manoverde's Avatar
MU
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 281
Thanks: 39
Thanked 40 Times in 25 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

I think you should be careful
Put different products first after 90 days start uploading your old products.
This may avoid problems
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2015
TOOKNAPA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 665
Thanks: 87
Thanked 168 Times in 143 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
However if I create new ASIN in UK then it will not match the ASIN in the US. If a customer views the same product on both amazon US and UK and notices that the ASINS are not the same could this be risky? Am I thinking too much?
well, i think customers don't care about ASINS, only sellers do, and also I think when customer use UK, they don't use US
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
fantomas0405 (12-13-2015)
  #11  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 45
Thanked 344 Times in 280 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
Yes I am aware that US and UK do not share info. I am not so worried that amazon might find out but more so that a customer might report the ASINs mismatching between UK and US to amazon. For example this product should look like this when viewed on the two sites (should have the same ASIN)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0157M38KO for US
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0157M38KO for UK

However if I create new ASIN in UK then it will not match the ASIN in the US. If a customer views the same product on both amazon US and UK and notices that the ASINS are not the same could this be risky? Am I thinking too much?
You are thinking to much buddy.

Little advice, don't show your ASIN's on the forum. Just send me a PM in future. Edit the links, my advice.

You never know who is looking and lots of people will want to jump on your product.

Be careful

Last edited by Taking The Micky; 12-13-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
fantomas0405 (12-13-2015), GreenBean (12-14-2015), TOOKNAPA (12-13-2015)
  #12  
Old 12-13-2015
TOOKNAPA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 665
Thanks: 87
Thanked 168 Times in 143 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
You never know who is looking and lots of people will want to jump on your product.
Be careful
Thank you again Micky, it was not my intention, but now you say it ...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-13-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 151
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Micky these are not my products
I just picked the links at random
Anyway would be hard for many people to jump on them...i am not a usa seller and i source them from markets in Thailand
so i am thinking too much ok thats what i wanted to know
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-13-2015
TOOKNAPA's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 665
Thanks: 87
Thanked 168 Times in 143 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
Micky these are not my products
I just picked the links at random
Anyway would be hard for many people to jump on them...i am not a usa seller and i source them from markets in Thailand
so i am thinking too much ok thats what i wanted to know
my buisness plan is dead ...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-13-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,975
Thanks: 520
Thanked 721 Times in 520 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas0405 View Post
Micky these are not my products
I just picked the links at random
Anyway would be hard for many people to jump on them...i am not a usa seller and i source them from markets in Thailand
so i am thinking too much ok thats what i wanted to know
It's 2015 buddy.

If I want to steal your products, I can. There is a supplier out there that will make them for me. If I wanted to, I could get someone in China to make a custom clone of the product.

Don't be so arrogant to think that you're safe because you're in another country. Follow Mickys advice and keep your cards close to your chest.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 286
Thanks: 31
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
james, a sensible answer for you.

If you are listing different ASIN's you will be good to go.

You should be OK with 5 new ASIN to 1 old ASIN in the mix.

After 90 days you should be OK listing all your old stock.

Hope this helps
thanks for letting me know - is it 90 days from the account creation - 90 days since I start listing or 90 days my account was verified?

these are all different time horizons so do let me know

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 286
Thanks: 31
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I wonder what people are thinking when they ask questions like this.

Honestly do you think out of over 2 million sellers, you're the ONLY person to sell Xbox games? There must be at least a thousand other sellers who sell in any given category. How would they link you based on CATEGORY?

And Books? Are you trolling right now?

Yup----you can't sell books, because your last account sold books, never sell books again, OR ELSE!

yes but the more products you list which were in old inventory the higher chance of being linked as this narrows down the number of sellers

especially true for rare products or products with only a few sellers

you'd be surprised how powerful a bot can be..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-13-2015
GhostOfAmazon's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,975
Thanks: 520
Thanked 721 Times in 520 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
yes but the more products you list which were in old inventory the higher chance of being linked as this narrows down the number of sellers

especially true for rare products or products with only a few sellers

you'd be surprised how powerful a bot can be..
You specifically asked if you could sell in the same PRODUCT CATEGORY.

You did NOT talk about listing the exact same PRODUCT.

Huge difference, hence the stupidity of your question.
__________________
How to get increased selling limits on eBay:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...0-calling.html
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-13-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 45
Thanked 344 Times in 280 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
thanks for letting me know - is it 90 days from the account creation - 90 days since I start listing or 90 days my account was verified?

these are all different time horizons so do let me know

Many thanks!
90 days from suspension/deletion.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-14-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,751
Thanks: 330
Thanked 320 Times in 254 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

Huge difference, hence the stupidity of your question.
You are appreciated on this forum.

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-14-2015
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,040
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,029 Times in 7,038 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Linked because of similar products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post
yes.



you'd be surprised how powerful a bot can be..
Given your account had a review that lead to suspension, make sure your new account has nothing to link you. Be careful even of a bank account.

__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Stealth Accounts Selling Similar Products drphilly Australia eBay & Paypal 3 03-09-2015 04:40 PM
Can eBay accounts get linked by being too similar?? natashaiera eBay Suspensions 9 06-29-2014 02:56 AM
Can account be linked through similar listings? skilf eBay Discussion! 21 02-18-2012 12:08 PM
Two seller accounts selling similar items linked to same ppal? jeanier8 eBay Suspensions 2 07-24-2011 04:19 PM
Can you be linked by using a very similar EBAY username? Vimto eBay Suspensions 8 04-21-2008 01:53 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts