eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Uk vcc? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/92875-uk-vcc.html)

SamiBeck 01-11-2016 08:19 PM

Uk vcc?

Just used a MyVinilla VCC and it comes up with a invalid credit card. Has anyone had any experience or know anywhere I could get one that would work. Very desperate, help.

Sami

Taking The Micky 01-11-2016 08:47 PM

Re: Uk vcc?

Read the forums, plenty on this. VCC,gift cards etc cannot be used anymore. Only solution is a real credit/debit card

SamiBeck 01-12-2016 05:02 AM

I've read the forum but unfortunately for me using a real one is not an option are there any Amazon UK VCC sellers.

ilcarletto 01-12-2016 05:08 AM

did you check the marketplace?

GreenBean 01-12-2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamiBeck (Post 736904)
I've read the forum but unfortunately for me using a real one is not an option are there any Amazon UK VCC sellers.

At the moment this is what is needed for the UK.

What stops you now?

:peace:

London1234 01-12-2016 05:52 AM

Agreed @Greenbean

Depending on your current situation and age this is a pretty clunky workaround:

Assumming you're not living at 'home' (being parents etc) sign up for a new bank account registered to your family home (or change an account that you have to your parents'/family's/extended family's address). Wait at least 24-48 hours for the system to update. Given that you only need the house number and postcode to be real to pass AVS this will then pass the verification.

Some banks will allow this online, some will want to see ID. Old real ID (PPorts, Birth Cert, School Exam Results, etc etc should have this original address on - smile and you might be okay). If you've moved house recently and have old bank accounts check what address they currently have on their system - you may get lucky and it be the old one.

Note: This is not the first time this has been suggested (@Taking The Micky) and i suggest you read around the forum - been LOTS on this over the last few days. I also appreciate that this is not particularly helpful if you have several stealth Amazon accs.

Obviously we'd rather be using VCCs etc but until someone finds a workaround this is an option.

Taking The Micky 01-12-2016 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamiBeck (Post 736904)

Then unfortunately you will be unable to sell on amazon.co.uk. There are no other options left.

onlinehelpneeded 01-12-2016 09:02 AM

surely you can use your own debit card, if it has been used, possibly report it as lost and you will get a new one with a new card number

rsot 01-12-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlinehelpneeded (Post 736971)
surely you can use your own debit card, if it has been used, possibly report it as lost and you will get a new one with a new card number

We are talking credit card here, no? Even then...you can get a new one - not ideal for multiple stealth creation though

onlinehelpneeded 01-12-2016 09:43 AM

if you have 2 or 3 accounts it is hardly a problem is it ? and if then go down you can get another card. It is an option and an answer to the question, would be nice to answer the post then just up your post count i think

London1234 01-12-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlinehelpneeded (Post 736971)

But the AVS check still requires you to have a real address and postcode that matche the cards details - that's the point isn't it?

Hence in respect to a stealth amazon account with stealth address - you can't withdraw to the account because before the withdrawal you're charged £1.

This charge goes undergoes AVS. If you have:
1. stealth address and a real card
or
2. vcc
...it will fail.

The address has to match the card you're using - That's the point. So it doens't matter if you get a new card - the AVS is still going to fail.

vetus 01-12-2016 10:11 AM

....or before the issue if you had a gift card that bypassed AVS then it would work well.

To the point, yes it must match house number / flat no and postcode to charge £1 and disburse.

London1234 01-12-2016 10:18 AM

I'm not sure about that - are you sure..?

AVS check checks the house number and postcode versus what the provider has on file - You're stealth address won't match what the provider has and it will fail.

Please confirm - Mods? See what Taking The Micky / Vetus / Greenbean say...

Ebayorbust 01-12-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Please confirm - Mods? See what Taking The Micky / Vetus / Greenbean say...
You should ask Callidus this as well. He has more experience with UK Amazon VCCs than anyone else on the forum.

yankee 01-12-2016 11:21 AM

Already a ton of threads with full fledged spoon feeding on this.

Use your debit card, add the address to your bank account as a secondary.

DO NOT DO THIS WITH CREDIT CARDS. Only bank debit cards, at least that is how it works in the USA without messing up your credit report addresses.

onlinehelpneeded 01-15-2016 01:28 PM

Debit cards works fine in UK, has anyone tried this method for UK CC ?

zane786 01-18-2016 11:43 AM

Banks in the uk always say you can only have one address for your debit and credit card can have a secondary address but thats only for your letters

u will need to change your address for your card to work on amazon

well thats what ive found out as ive rang up the bank

JamesNorth101 01-18-2016 11:57 AM

That is correct

And changing the address registered with your bank in the UK to some random stealth address is a massive no go area.

It messes with your credit rating and can be seen a fraud.

Senyo 01-18-2016 12:16 PM

I actually just called both my banks and repeatedly asked (just to make sure ) if changing my registered address on my bank account would affect my credit score . And both said no. I even made the rep double check and was put on hold and he still confirmed that it does not have any effect on your credit rating. If anyone is unsure and you want to double check yourself, you should call your bank to clear up any worries you might have....

zane786 01-18-2016 12:16 PM

correct !

we just have to keep searching for a VCC that works on amazon

which bank are you with ?

Senyo 01-18-2016 12:20 PM

Santander and HSBC, if you are unsure just give your bank a quick call. That way you know yourself that it would be fine....

zane786 01-18-2016 12:45 PM

but what if its a stealth address ?