Amazon Ungating Questions - DVD's and Beauty - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Amazon Ungating Questions - DVD's and Beauty

Hello,
I have some questions about ungating on Amazon.
This is a new account so performance metrics are theoretically perfect, but I have submitted invoices from a very legit supplier, and they are not accepting them.

I'm told that I do not meet the performance metrics. What sort of performance metrics? They refuse to elaborate on this.

Another question that I have is, Amazon is also refusing my beauty ungating. The first time the person told me the address could not be verified, but it's a large wholesaler of health and beauty supplies.

I showed them where the address is, and now they tell me that "we require additional information. We have reviewed your documents carefully. While reviewing your documents we found that your documents are not meeting our minimum requirements. please submit the required documentation from the following options:

We accept invoices, purchase orders, sales invoices, or commercial invoices. We do not accept retail receipts, packing slips, sales orders, invoices from an online retailer, or pro-forma invoices."

What does that even mean? "Invoices from an online retailer". This is a wholesaler, but they sell online. I don't mind buying a product to get ungated, but the entire process seems very unclear on what they accept and what they don't.

Last edited by munkron; 01-24-2016 at 04:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2016

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Amazon Ungating Questions - DVD's and Beauty

They have been incredibly strict with accepting new category approved sellers in health and beauty.

You can supply real information on a legit real account and chances are you will still get denied if its a new account.

They want to see account history and make sure you have experience selling before they will consider ungating those categories (in addition to the invoices / info you have to provide).

New sellers will have a very hard time getting approval to these categories. But if you build up a normal account and get some sales / feedback / excellent seller metrics, your chances will greatly improve of getting approved for health and beauty.
Old 01-25-2016
Banned

Longevity: 91%

@elmono - are you talking about US Amazon here or UK Amazon because my findings are very different to those of yours. Approval on Amazon Beauty and Health & Personal Care within 24 hours, no issues
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Are you saying amazon USA is approving you without much ado for health/beauty,vetus?

Or do you mean amazon UK?
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

In November of 2014, Amazon decided that any seller of DVD's would need pre-approval to continue selling. At the time, they sent invitations out to a select few of the current DVD sellers and everyone else is having a very tough time getting approved. This happened because the DVD market is absolutely FLOODED WITH COUNTERFEITS.

So now, Amazon is very picky about who they let in. You have to tell them what you plan to sell and who your suppliers are. When looking at your supplier, they will have to be an authorized dealer for the titles you plan to sell. Closeout companies do not qualify. It has to be something like Navarre Video or Ingram Entertainment. And even then, if your account is relatively new, you are unlikely to be approved. At the moment, Amazon is only looking for companies with a track record in selling DVD's and who have legitimate sources of supply., If you owned something like DeepDiscount.com you could probably get approved as a seller. Otherwise, they are not really interested in your application.

I say, let it go. The fact is, everything is moving toward streaming anyways. Yes, there is still obviously a market for DVD's and Blu-Rays, but it is dying out pretty quickly. I know this because I see a ton of titles in the dollar stores for $2 each and wholesale DVD's that used to sell by the piece at now selling much cheaper, and by the pallet. A friend of mine does flea markets and they sell DVD's at $1 each, they buy them, used, by the pallet (about 1200 DVD's) for $600. And these are mainstream titles, not the old B westerns with some 3 Stooges and unknown zombie movies thrown in.

The DVD and Blu-Ray markets are dying and people are dumping their collections. I have seen DVD buyers posting in the wanted section that they are looking for DVD's and are willing to pay 50 cents each and don't bother to call if you want more for your DVD's.

People are watching Netflix and Amazon Prime for their movies, renting some of the newer titles and a lot of people are flocking to Kodi (formerly XBMC) for their illeegal but popular movie services. They are free and you can literally watch just about any movie you can think of, from movies still in theaters to an old made for TV movie made back in 1982. Ditto with TV shows. And the quality is awesome. Even the online pirate sites like Pirate Bay have seen major slowdowns in traffic. Why download something illegally that you can watch for free legally on Netflix? And I am fairly certain that a good number of people watching movies on Kodi believe it is perfectly legal.

I'm just pointing out that before you spend a ton of cash and go through all of the frustration of becoming a DVD seller, you should be aware that the market is fast disappearing. Streaming just makes sense. It is environmentally friendly, and you don't have to manufacture trillions of plastic discs and transport them all over the planet, only to have them ultimately end up in landfills. One day soon, the studios will wise up and get something like a Netflix going that will have all of their old titles available for a flat monthly fee and have the new titles available for a rental fee of somewhere around $5. Each studio may have their own site or it might end up as a joint venture. But it is coming and DVD's are leaving.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ampersand (02-11-2016), GreenBean (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

One thing it is going to be nigh on impossible to sell foo-foo dvds or cosmetics.

Far far too many have ended up facing criminal charges

Ebayorbust (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 73%

I managed to get accepted for the Health & Beauty category on an Amazon UK account that is less than a month old and 0 feedback. I did already processed a few orders before I applied so my performance metrics were perfect.

They wouldn't accept the first invoices I sent them due to them being packing receipts (according to them) so I sent them a different set and they accepted them.

It appears they do not like what you are sending them and probably missing invoice details?
Old 01-25-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
One thing it is going to be nigh on impossible to sell foo-foo dvds or cosmetics.

Far far too many have ended up facing criminal charges

Exactly, problem is though is whether people want to take that risk.

Most of the time the user wouldn't add a bank account and then end up ditching the accounts then it's always a case of what can be proven.

Definitely advisable to stay away from said merchandise

Old 01-25-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
I managed to get accepted for the Health & Beauty category on an Amazon UK account that is less than a month old and 0 feedback. I did already processed a few orders before I applied so my performance metrics were perfect.

They wouldn't accept the first invoices I sent them due to them being packing receipts (according to them) so I sent them a different set and they accepted them.

It appears they do not like what you are sending them and probably missing invoice details?
Can't be packing receipts or proforma. Has to be proper invoices
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetus View Post
Can't be packing receipts or proforma. Has to be proper invoices
I know that now

I was just detailing the process I was going through before I got accepted.
Old 01-25-2016

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
Was the account created before or after the 1st Jan 2016?
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
Was the account created before or after the 1st Jan 2016?
It was created before.