How to be sure VPNcheck works? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-04-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default How to be sure VPNcheck works?

Ok it seems there are several ways to be sure connection is shut down if VPN fails...change windows firewall settings, vpncheck or vpnwatcher

I tried the vpncheck and i followed the small guide in their website to set it up...so when i am on VPN i get a message vpncheck is active and as soon as i exit VPN i get a vpncheck message that my ip changed and VPN is offline...so far so good i get a warning...however internet access is not blocked...in the config file i add chrome, opera and firefox and check boxes autorun and close...what else i need to do there to block internet traffic completely as soon as vpn drops?

I also tried windows firewall but the guide is more confusing and i have the problem that it blocks traffic in all my user accounts when vpn drops...i do not want to block traffic in my main user account...please help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: How to be sure VPNcheck works?

Well I don't know how tech savvy you are, but you could solve your problem by virtualizing your stealth environment. If you had your stealth account set up in a Windows XP (or any other windows OS) virtual machine you could configure Windows Firewall (on your VM) to block non-VPN traffic (on your VPN). You would create the VM, configure your VPN connection in the VM, and install VPNcheck on the VM if you wish. Then revert the Windows Firewall settings on your host PC to allow VPN and non-VPN traffic.

That way your stealth VM would only be able to access the internet via your VPN connection, but your host computer would not have to use the VPN. If your VPN connection drops within your virtual environment, VPNcheck would close your browser and Windows Firewall would block non-VPN traffic. Your host PC's internet connection would not be affected.
Old 02-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

From what I know vpncheck only closes your browsers it doesn't cut off your internet access, so if when your testing it, it successfully closes your browsers then its working
Old 02-04-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

You might also want to make sure you are not leaking any DNS info by checking here once your VPN is on:

https://dnsleaktest.com/
Old 02-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

One way of making sure vpncheck works is to not use it.

Only offers limited assistance.

Better options exist.
Old 02-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
One way of making sure vpncheck works is to not use it.

Only offers limited assistance.

Better options exist.
Hhhmmm okay and what would those options be please?
I read this forum over and over and I remember seeing only 3 options vpncheck, vpnwatcher and windows firewall...and most people seem to recommend the first one

@phaz0rz
Tech savvy i am not but i am not a complete dummy either
I am not using vmware yet because i just bought a new computer so its clean
I just did my stealth account on a second user account to keep things separate
I use my real ip to connect to my normal non-stealth accounts in the main user account...
When i created the windows firewall rules following the guide it seemed to work but it was blocking traffic in all my user accounts...i understand that doing the vm thing you can assign blocks to specific virtual machines but i was wondering if you could do something similar with user accounts too...can i assign rules only for my stealth user account where i use the vpn and keep the main user account unblocked?

Last edited by fantomas0405; 02-04-2016 at 07:53 PM.