eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   new device! + SIM (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/95426-new-device-sim.html)

josh 04-11-2016 12:30 PM

new device! + SIM

Hey everyone,

just got a brand new tablet to create a new amazon acc.
This will have all new details and is brand new so never been used with amazon. It will also never be connected to wifi and will only be connected via a sim card as its a sim 3g tablet.

My question is, do i need to get a new sim card? or can i use the sim card that was used in my previous tablet of which is now banned..?

I wont be using the telephone number, only the sim to get internet connection..

Not sure if amazon can trace the Mac address of the sim card, or if it even has a mac address?

All help is appreciated
thanks

PolMart 04-11-2016 01:20 PM

Re: new device! + SIM

sim card = same mobile number = ban hammer

james929 04-11-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh (Post 762093)
Hey everyone,

just got a brand new tablet to create a new amazon acc.
This will have all new details and is brand new so never been used with amazon. It will also never be connected to wifi and will only be connected via a sim card as its a sim 3g tablet.

My question is, do i need to get a new sim card? or can i use the sim card that was used in my previous tablet of which is now banned..?

I wont be using the telephone number, only the sim to get internet connection..

Not sure if amazon can trace the Mac address of the sim card, or if it even has a mac address?

All help is appreciated
thanks

use new sim card

tablets are risky in my opinion - which one are you using? I would stay clear from apple - best to just use a laptop..

rsot 04-11-2016 07:13 PM

@josh, tracking mac address is a myth - untrue

alekov 04-15-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 762156)
@josh, tracking mac address is a myth - untrue

I've heard so many conflicting opinions on this. Can you elaborate please? My understanding is that MAC IP address on a laptop that connects via modem is impossible to track, as the only visible device is the first device in line of sight - the modem mac IP address, your laptop is the second device in line of sight, and therefore not visible. However, cell phones and devices with sim cards that connect direct to internet (not via wifi or modem) are a different story. The Mac IP address should be visible, and most people advise NOT to reuse smart phones or tablets from suspended accounts. Any input?

ilcarletto 04-15-2016 08:30 AM

Smartphones and tablets are fine to use on stealth with the due precautions.

The dangerous part is located in the Apps.

Apps are "tight" to the object and when you agree to the TOS they are allowed to access and transfer sensible data over the connection. In this situation ebay app or paypal app will know who you are.

Different story is if you have a brand new device with a brand new SIM but, again, if you are using Apps to manage the account I would keep this device for one account only.

Wow, sorry I completely missed the point of the thread... is Amazon not eBay/PayPal :shocked: sorry. I guess more or less the theory behind it is the same. BTW, MAC address is not tracked. Not from Amazon, nor from eBay.

josh 04-16-2016 06:45 AM

@ILcarletto has got it right i think :), thanks everyone

mhhbizz 04-17-2016 04:39 PM

i dont think sims in uk gives static ip address.

i would say it is stills safe to use the sim as long as you can test that the ip address is different every time you change to flight mode and reset.

hope that helps.