Amazon Bank Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Amazon Bank Account

Hi Everyone! I need help with the adding of my bank account on amazon. My previous account has been suspended. If my previous account had the name lets say Vincent. And, I go open another bank account with a different address then before. The new name that I use is Vince. But it has the same last name. Would that be okay?

The second scenario would be to open another account with a joint person. Use the other person name (don't include mine) to fill out the amazon bank transfer info. Would this work?

Thank you everyone in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-20-2016

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: Amazon Bank Account

different account number is ALL you need
Old 04-20-2016

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by applepbc View Post
different account number is ALL you need
If they did a review wouldn't they match the names?
Old 04-20-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

So long as its not linked to the other account in any way, i.e. different email, bank account, etc., they wouldnt (i doubt) see the other suspended account. I doubt they have anything that pops up saying, oh look, here are some similar accounts we found which may be related to this account... and I am sure there would be far too many Vincents/Vince's to sift through (or I may be completely wrong).
Old 04-21-2016
Banned

Longevity: 91%

IP range does seem to be a massive issue if 1 account has been banned.

Using multiple dongles is really key - hell even since the New Year its probably advisable to use 24vc or another solid VPN provider.
The Following User Says Thank You to vetus For This Useful Post:
Play (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016

Activity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetus View Post
IP range does seem to be a massive issue if 1 account has been banned.

Using multiple dongles is really key - hell even since the New Year its probably advisable to use 24vc or another solid VPN provider.
using multiple dongles from the same provider would barely help

maybe using multiple dongles from different providers would help but if you use a major provider I doubt amazon would blacklist their IP ranges , at least not in large amazon countries like UK or US

the main way amazon link accounts is not the ip but personal details and especially various inventory features
Old 04-21-2016
Banned

Longevity: 91%

I didn't say the same provider did I? Please read what I said.

From the amount of accounts I have made, yes IP ranges do play a part in suspension.

Granted inventory but people move all the time so they wouldn't ban alone on personal details being similar.
Old 04-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

I suppose IP range is important if they are studying two accounts for similarities. But they won't red flag certain IPs or IP ranges, otherwise everybody that goes to Starbucks will get banned.

My last Amazon account banned because of "similarities to another account"..." we do not share our detection techniques" etc. I realised i forgot to change my MAC, it was also an account that i made right after a previous one got banned, and was selling similar items
Old 04-21-2016

Activity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I suppose IP range is important if they are studying two accounts for similarities. But they won't red flag certain IPs or IP ranges, otherwise everybody that goes to Starbucks will get banned.

My last Amazon account banned because of "similarities to another account"..." we do not share our detection techniques" etc. I realised i forgot to change my MAC, it was also an account that i made right after a previous one got banned, and was selling similar items
you are absolutely right , ip range is one of similarity factors that comes into play once your / someone's accounts have been redflagged but the ip range alone will not lead to suspension , there must always be something else

however , I consulted several people that have an understanding of computers and I can tell you that amazon / ebay / paypal can not obtain your MAC address without your permission unless of course they hack but they wouldn't do it.similar items are another thing , they are one of the primary factors that amazon use for suspension and they compare sales of an indefinitely suspended seller against sales of all other active sellers , this is the most common way they find associated accounts
Old 04-21-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

@sax4 - regarding starbucks/libraries/public places, the whole ip thing is a whole different conundrum. They are less enforced compared to IP addresses at home/work.

As for Amazon and detection techniques, personally I feel they use a whole mix of techniques, but dont necessarily enforce each one all the time (depending on the circumstance).

@murdered_by_ebay - sounds pretty on point
Old 04-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you are absolutely right , ip range is one of similarity factors that comes into play once your / someone's accounts have been redflagged but the ip range alone will not lead to suspension , there must always be something else

however , I consulted several people that have an understanding of computers and I can tell you that amazon / ebay / paypal can not obtain your MAC address without your permission unless of course they hack but they wouldn't do it.similar items are another thing , they are one of the primary factors that amazon use for suspension and they compare sales of an indefinitely suspended seller against sales of all other active sellers , this is the most common way they find associated accounts
Yep I'm fairly sure also they do not track MAC, although i change it anyway now just in case

I think good to mix things up, firefox portable instead of chrome portable, hotmail instead of gmail,different card, obscure address etc
Old 04-21-2016

Longevity: 51%

Defo do not track Mac addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Yep I'm fairly sure also they do not track MAC, although i change it anyway now just in case

I think good to mix things up, firefox portable instead of chrome portable, hotmail instead of gmail,different card, obscure address etc