Can I apply for an EIN with my real name(the one Amazon suspended) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-23-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Can I apply for an EIN with my real name(the one Amazon suspended)

Can I apply for an EIN with my real name(the one Amazon suspended)
can Amazon link it ?

My other question which was not answered, Can I use a fresh bank checking account under my real name ?

Amazon has suspended me so using my name for my checking and Ein will be a problem ?

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Can I apply for an EIN with my real name(the one Amazon suspended)

These are linking factors, not recommended, like the Stealth Book says, use a name variation and an address u have access to, work from there.
Old 05-26-2016

Longevity: 65%

Yes you can. I've done it many many times. Even with very unique names. Names will not link you, only SSN/EIN numbers will, as well as address, bank account, etc.

What you need to do is apply for EIN under your name, but on a completely new address. Make sure the new address has not been used on Amazon.

Apply for another checking account, could be with the same bank you already have. Once you get the new checking account and debit card, login in your online banking and change the address of the bank account to the new address that you used for your EIN.

Now go get a new IP address (VPN works great, 24vc – VPN Service Provider | Become Anonymous). Setup a new user account on your computer. Setup the new VPN. Go to amazon and apply for a new seller account.

Use the debit card with the new address to verify the account. Use the new checking account as a bank deposit account. Use your new EIN. Use the new address. The only thing that will be the same between the two accounts is your name!

Don't screw up or skip any steps or it won't work. I would suggest using a different zip code for the new address, but not entirely necessary. I've done it under the same zip code as the original SSN account and it has worked great.

let me know if you have questions..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (06-06-2023), Din (05-29-2016), tonystheman33 (08-16-2018)
Old 05-26-2016

Regarding your bank account question - yes you can. All amazon sees is the bank routing and account numbers, so they need to be different. The name on the bank account and the address could be anything you want, it doesn't matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
Din (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Yes you can. I've done it many many times. Even with very unique names. Names will not link you, only SSN/EIN numbers will, as well as address, bank account, etc.

What you need to do is apply for EIN under your name, but on a completely new address. Make sure the new address has not been used on Amazon.

Apply for another checking account, could be with the same bank you already have. Once you get the new checking account and debit card, login in your online banking and change the address of the bank account to the new address that you used for your EIN.

Now go get a new IP address (VPN works great, 24vc – VPN Service Provider | Become Anonymous). Setup a new user account on your computer. Setup the new VPN. Go to amazon and apply for a new seller account.

Use the debit card with the new address to verify the account. Use the new checking account as a bank deposit account. Use your new EIN. Use the new address. The only thing that will be the same between the two accounts is your name!

Don't screw up or skip any steps or it won't work. I would suggest using a different zip code for the new address, but not entirely necessary. I've done it under the same zip code as the original SSN account and it has worked great.

Thank you very much!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Thank you very much!!! I have one question is there any service that provides addresses because I don't have any new addresses and the ones I have are already on Amazon.

Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

For viable addresses, you can consider po boxes...small mom-pop stores are nice that provide street address with box as a "suite"
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Din (05-30-2016)
Old 05-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
Can I apply for an EIN with my real name(the one Amazon suspended)
can Amazon link it ?

My other question which was not answered, Can I use a fresh bank checking account under my real name ?

Amazon has suspended me so using my name for my checking and Ein will be a problem ?

Thanks in advance!
be careful of reusing old banned info.

Be creative with the EIN name.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Din (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Quote:

Hmm...This bit of info is interesting. But if I had to guess, you are opening the EIN under an LLC right? You dont go out of your way to create the LLC and everything? I see that isnt mentioned here.
The Following User Says Thank You to KenjiMishima For This Useful Post:
Din (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiMishima View Post
Hmm...This bit of info is interesting. But if I had to guess, you are opening the EIN under an LLC right? You dont go out of your way to create the LLC and everything? I see that isnt mentioned here.

I was thinking creating under sole proprietor even though I have an llc ready. Is that bad ?

Old 06-02-2016

Longevity: 45%

Please help ! I created everything brand new with Amazon. I cannot confirm a credit card for charges though. Tried twice to use a pre paid Mastercard to no avail
I have a brand new bank account, but afraid if I use this bank it will link my name to my suspended account

Any help is much appreciated
BTW- Have a brand new EIN, new company name and address, new IP, State etc...
Old 06-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by subz View Post
I need fully functional and stable Amazon.com account/s . Any offers?
Please stop. Accounts are not sold in random Amazon-related threads. There are several professional Amazon account sellers. Stop ignoring my replies to your spammish posts, and go to the marketplace.

I wouldn't want to see you banned before you get the chance to buy an account!
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dg.queens (11-28-2018)
Old 06-07-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Yes you can get ein in any random name and address. but you got to pay the taxes if you are going on a long run
The Following User Says Thank You to vela1987 For This Useful Post:
Din (06-07-2016)
Old 06-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
Thank you very much!!! I have one question is there any service that provides addresses because I don't have any new addresses and the ones I have are already on Amazon.

Yes, basically every UPS/Shipping store in your area provides mailbox rental. That's the best way to go, just walk in and setup a mailbox rental, don't worry about what name it is under or etc information as Amazon doesn't see any of that, all you need is an address. Why it works well is because of possible returns down the road, if you get returns or do any recalls from your FBA inventory you will be able to send to that address and simply stop by the store and pickup your packages.

Another way of doing it is setting up a forwarding address. The issue with that is they usually charge $10-$15 fee to forward any package to you. If you get a lot of returns, this could prove to be costly. Also you lose quite a bit of time in the process. Aside from that, it is cheaper as there are many places that have basic service that doesn't even require monthly fee, just mail forwarding fee per package.

3rd way of doing it is to simply pick an address somewhere and use it. Upside being that it's free, and it works as long as you don't get returns. (if you do, you can always have the customer return to a different address - like your real address for instance, just make sure you don't put that in Amazon's system or they will link you). Downside of this is that you don't know if that address has been previously used for Amazon - chances are slim but still there. Also make sure that you choose paperless banking if you decide to do that route, as you don't want your bank statements to show up in someone's mailbox. Best to use commercial address, maybe an empty warehouse or something... Again, this maybe a temporary solution and later you may want to switch to a real address, but it's alright for few months until you figure out if the account will work and stay up.
Old 06-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
be careful of reusing old banned info.

Be creative with the EIN name.

Quick question - I've read in some suspension guides the method of creating an LLC with a name that sounds like a person's name rather than corporation, et. John Doe. Then during the interview process you setup the account as a person, rather than corporation, and use the corporate EIN in the field provided for SSN/personal EIN. Is that what you are suggesting? I can't remember if I've ever done that or not before, I should probably start writing what I do in a journal as I forget after few different account lol. What I do now is simply create an LLC with a company name, and complete the interview process as a corporation, with the corporate EIN filled out.
Old 06-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenjiMishima View Post
The method I described above is for people that don't want to incur the expense of running/setting up a new corporation. Using your own name, or a name you have previously used on an account with SSN that got suspended. Simply apply for an EIN for that name/yourself, on a different address than the previous address. Then setup a new Amazon seller account as a sole proprietor using that EIN number. You can only get one EIN number per name/SSN but still, gives you the ability to reuse your own name/previously suspended name/ssn.

Setting up LLC is still the preferred way, just some people don't have/want to pay the price and fees to have that setup/running.
Old 06-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vela1987 View Post
Yes you can get ein in any random name and address. but you got to pay the taxes if you are going on a long run
Hm, not exactly correct. During the EIN setup process, the IRS requires you to provide SSN for the person in order to issue EIN number. Basically you can't pick a random name and address and get an EIN number for them. What you can do is pick a REAL person/yourself, pick random address, and setup an EIN using that person's REAL SSN.

Regarding taxes, of course, always pay your taxes or you'll get in trouble.
Old 06-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellWorld328 View Post
Please help ! I created everything brand new with Amazon. I cannot confirm a credit card for charges though. Tried twice to use a pre paid Mastercard to no avail
I have a brand new bank account, but afraid if I use this bank it will link my name to my suspended account

Any help is much appreciated
BTW- Have a brand new EIN, new company name and address, new IP, State etc...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-ac...00-limits.html

You can get VCC from him, they work great...
Old 06-08-2016

I just went to LegalZoom to set up a DBA and an EIN with their package deal. The Tennessee application form they sent me to sign has a place for my Biz address and another place for my home address. I have a Biz address at the UPS Store. Should I put my real home address in the home address space? This is the address that was on my former Amazon account, which was under my name.
Old 06-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by moppett1 View Post
I just went to LegalZoom to set up a DBA and an EIN with their package deal. The Tennessee application form they sent me to sign has a place for my Biz address and another place for my home address. I have a Biz address at the UPS Store. Should I put my real home address in the home address space? This is the address that was on my former Amazon account, which was under my name.
I wouldn't use my home address that's been compromised. Maybe some other members can chime in and tell us what they think, but I personally would only use the brand new UPS address. You would never receive anything from the IRS anyway, so its not like you will be missing out on mail from them, plus if you were in fact to get something, you can still collect it at your UPS address. Just my opinion...
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
moppett1 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-13-2016

Thanks much, Alekov.
Old 06-17-2016

One more question if you please. When I sign up for a pro seller account using my DBA, does Amazon ask for a home address in addition to the biz address?

Thanks