eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Changing Mac Address - Multiple Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/97780-changing-mac-address-multiple-accounts.html)

KillerWhale 07-08-2016 10:51 PM

Changing Mac Address - Multiple Accounts

Hello,

I'm looking for some feedback and guidance on the best and most efficient options for changing Mac address's on an Apple Mac for multiple accounts

Thanks

empirestate 07-08-2016 11:08 PM

Re: Changing Mac Address - Multiple Accounts

Mac address for your computer is irrelevant, browsers do not expose this.

123 07-09-2016 01:43 AM

Yeah you don't have to change your MAC, dont worry about it

phaz0rz 07-09-2016 08:42 AM

I haven't read the ghosty guide, but I'm guessing the MAC address was mentioned in there as a way to change your IP. You can change your routers MAC to get a new IP.

As for being stealthy it's not necessary to change your MAC, because the MAC address in a packet changes for every hop a packet makes across the internet. The MAC address of the actual NIC on your computer only stays attached to a packet until the packet reaches your local router. Once the packet is sent outbound towards the internet, your NIC's MAC is replaced by the MAC of the router. Then once the packet reaches a router/switch at your ISP, the MAC is changed yet again.

So in short, the MAC address is irrelevant in terms of stealth unless you are strictly trying to get a new IP.

KillerWhale 07-09-2016 08:44 AM

Thanks I just want to be sure after reading Amazon Ghost

AG states that I only need to change it if i use the same computer. I'll be using the same computer, however since i will be using virtual computers for my new accounts, i'm presuming now i won't need to change my MAC address. I just want to make 100% sure

phaz0rz 07-09-2016 09:30 AM

Yeah if you are using virtual machines, each virtual network adapter will have a different MAC anyway. Just make sure you set up your VM's with the "bridged" network setting, so each VM will have direct access to your local network.

Regardless though, all outbound traffic from your router will have the same MAC address (the MAC of your router) until they reach the next hop on the network path. So take my advice with however many grains of salt you want, but I don't think it's going to make much of a different anyway. There are tons of AZ ghosties around here and it's rare for there to be any mention of MAC.

KillerWhale 07-09-2016 10:22 AM

Thanks phaz0rz, very helpful information and much appreciated

vuedoolor 07-09-2016 11:24 AM

Is using VMware to set up virtual machines free to use?

And does anyone know of any good video tutorial on how to set up virtual machines? I have never done this before.

phaz0rz 07-09-2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vuedoolor (Post 785091)
Is using VMware to set up virtual machines free to use?

And does anyone know of any good video tutorial on how to set up virtual machines? I have never done this before.

VMWare is NOT FREE by any means, but it's very commonly pirated. The "vsphere" server version of Vmware costs over $5k, because it saves corporations hundreds of thousands on server room expenses. The regular old desktop version (Vmware workstation, or "Fusion" on macs) costs $149-$249 depending on the version.

There are many other options out there but VMware is the most commonly used. If you go browsing, keep in mind for our purposes you only need a software-based virtualization program. Most of the virtualization technologies being developed today are focused on hardware-based server virtualization, which is irrelevant to us.

Free options include VirtualBox (developed by Oracle) and Hyper-V (by Microsoft). Hyper-V can be used as either a hardware-based server emulator or a software-based desktop emulator. So I guess that's cool, but be careful to use the correct setup. VMWare used to offer VMware player for free, but it doesn't look like they are doing that anymore.

As for learning how to use virtualization software, there are hundreds of Youtube videos and online articles which walk you through everything. Someone here asked me a while back to write an E-book tutorial on using VMware for stealth.. but I don't really have time.

Play 07-09-2016 01:36 PM

In addition to what phaz0rz mentioned, after doing all your research, the best way to learn is to create a virtual machine and just play around with it. Virtualisation Programs - Its actually a lot simpler than it sounds.