eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Private Label with New Stealth (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/97843-private-label-new-stealth.html)

halookick 07-11-2016 11:21 PM

Private Label with New Stealth

We keep receiving IP infringement warnings for our private label from a third party company acting on behalf of a big corporation. In this case, there is no use in fighting the claim.

The private label items are of course branded with our logo, fnsku etc.. Instead of putting our account at risk, would it be a viable option to list under stealth and re-sticker the items ?

Any input would be gladly appreciated.

MM78 07-12-2016 12:52 AM

Re: Private Label with New Stealth

The problem is that if your item infringes upon the big corporation IP...Stealth won't be a long-term viability. Perhaps a few dozen Stealths may help but if you start getting hit with VERO takedowns even those accounts won't be enough.

Ubaida 07-12-2016 12:59 AM

Wouldn't the competing company order your item and see your company name, logo, and other info trying to bypass them and still send you a notice from their lawyers?

halookick 07-12-2016 08:34 AM

The plan is to sell out the remaining stock, maybe 3000pcs before we're hit with another vero. The problem is, it has our brand on the packaging. A brand that currently has a account is good standing (no stealth).

Ubaida 07-12-2016 10:48 AM

It all depends how fast you can sell 3000 pcs. And you will need to work a new account up because its hard to sell 3k pieces without feedback and some history.

Play 07-12-2016 11:31 AM

What you also need to consider is, if this brand became a VERO member and decided to get harsh, they can take down your listings themselves, so the hours that will go into making each account will go to waste as the moment you list the item that matches a certain search criteria, the VERO member will be informed and the listing will be gone.

Basically, you might get away now, but in the long run your going to find it more and more difficult.

halookick 07-12-2016 11:43 AM

Yes, I agree. Right now, I want to sell the product and re-invest in more stable product. None of these vero companies pursue the product themselves but use third party companies to do the leg work. I highly doubt they go through each individual category and search for listings.

Are these triggers made by keywords ? pictures ?

Play 07-12-2016 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halookick (Post 785591)
Yes, I agree. Right now, I want to sell the product and re-invest in more stable product. None of these vero companies pursue the product themselves but use third party companies to do the leg work. I highly doubt they go through each individual category and search for listings.

Are these triggers made by keywords ? pictures ?

Predominantly the keywords in the title..

But those who want to go the extra mile do just that, look through pictures, descriptions etc. with a fine comb.

Bottom line is ebay give VERO members a lot of power and resources to do as they will - so ebay doesn't face legal fees/prosecution. So when your up against VERO members, they will always have the upper hand on you.

Though from your OP I assume their not a VERO member yet, though nothing is stopping them.

halookick 07-12-2016 11:52 AM

I'm referring to Amazon not EBAY but I assume VERO regulations in some way still apply to Amazon. This is a very big corporation. The product I'm selling is compatible with one of their main products but I keep receiving IP infringements warnings.

If I take the main keywords out of the main title, and put them in the back-end. Will this circumvent this problem ?

Play 07-12-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halookick (Post 785594)
I'm referring to Amazon not EBAY but I assume VERO regulations in some way still apply to Amazon. This is a very big corporation. The product I'm selling is compatible with one of their main products but I keep receiving IP infringements warnings.

If I take the main keywords out of the main title, and put them in the back-end. Will this circumvent this problem ?

In which case ignore my silly posts. :) Not too sure how AZ operate.

e2free 07-12-2016 01:50 PM

Amazon is worst then ebay with new account 2 infringements are enough to suspend account
Amazon remove must faster then ebay