eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Request for invoices (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-ebay-suspensions/30334-request-invoices.html)

Smoothsatin 04-14-2011 06:28 PM

Request for invoices

I had multiple issues with a previous account under a friends name. Firstly ebay asked for invoices. Secondly they linked that account to my original account. I provided "invoices" however was still linked to previous account. I assume both of these issues relate to selling a similar product mix on both accounts? I was also using same IP address but was selling for about 1 month and was only when i loaded up the account with selling items that they shut me down. When i got an actual person from eBay responding to my emails they said something like you must have been selling something similar to a friend and family member who has been banned.

they asked for 3 invoices related to items that would rarely if ever be sold by the same account.

ShadyOne 04-15-2011 06:23 AM

If you have used similar details to an account that has been previously suspended or limited, then that account is linked and can also be suspended.

IP address is not enough for them to suspend you, other details on the accounts must have been similar.

:peace:

Smoothsatin 04-16-2011 01:20 AM

The only similarities were products for sale and IP address and password on ebay accounts

GreenBean 04-16-2011 02:34 AM

Well that makes the 3 strikes and the account(s) go down. :tears:

Smoothsatin 04-16-2011 03:00 AM

So we need 3 links to have an account go down? Someone just said on another thread i started that the same address ONLY as a banned user with no other linked info at all will get you banned?

GreenBean 04-16-2011 03:16 AM

If an account get a manual review and the human finds enough common factors, then they decide it is linked. That means sad consequences.

tbf, it's an urban myth some newer users are trying to put around the forum. After looking at hundreds of suspended accounts, that my 2 cents on losing an account by way of linking.
And I have not even added: similar emails, same bank....same geographic area. :spy:

same items,
same IP
same password

Not good is it?

Smoothsatin 04-16-2011 03:35 AM

Geographical areas? What classifies here? Postcode or larger?

Smoothsatin 04-16-2011 03:48 AM

Further to Green Bean there is obviously set combinations of links that get people flagged to qualify for a manual inspection.

also interested about similar item categories? Is this relevent or more so the actual items?

ShadyOne 04-16-2011 05:23 AM

Quote:

also interested about similar item categories? Is this relevent or more so the actual items?
Well of course it could be if you had a lot of other similarities as suspended accounts and selling the same items is a big factor e Bay/PP take into consideration.

In terms of categories, less, if you change your listing style. Different pictures, titles, the The whole kit and caboodle :D

But as with everything in linking accounts, it takes a combination of other similar factors to get you suspended.

When setting up a different e bay account you should take on the philosophy that you are a different person. If you just carry on from your suspended accounts then it can become obvious to eb ay that you may be the same person.

:D