eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Retrieving money from Ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-ebay-suspensions/64121-retrieving-money-ebay.html)

munchkinxx 09-02-2013 09:07 PM

Retrieving money from Ebay

How do I retrieve funds from Ebay when PP account is limited?

Story is:
Buyer opened a case, EB deducted the funds my PP account. PP account is limited. I appealed the EB case, EB ruled in my favour so they're meant to credit the account. EB can't reverse the funds as PP is limited. No outgoing or incoming money can be done. EB offered a coupon to use on EB however it's been rejected as PP account is limited. They say I need to sort things out with PP to have the limit removed (which isn't possible).

Does anyone know what else I can do to retrieve this money? I don't understand why Paypal and Ebay can't work together so that I get my money back. Even if the retrieved money is going to sit my account until it's ready to be released at the end of the year.

MM78 09-03-2013 11:15 AM

You don't. It's limited, wait 180 days.

rsot 09-03-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 482455)
You don't. It's limited, wait 180 days.

That's somewhat incorrect MM78 - from what I understand, the OP has money stuck in EBAY....and it's true, if eB rules in your favour BUT your pp is limited, there is no way eB can send the funds to your pp.

OP, you would have to ring up eB to send you the funds via check...HOWEVER 2 problems exist: 1) You would need an accessible address and 2) they could close your eB account based on not having a valid PP...it happens.

munchkinxx 09-04-2013 08:57 PM

After days of countless phone calls and going back and forth between EB and PP, I've gotten PP to unlimit the account for the funds to go through for that reversal only. Once it goes through they'll lock it down again. Just waiting for the funds to go through now. I've asked for the cheque however EB has said they can only do the PP transfer.

GreenBean 09-05-2013 05:40 AM

Ebay Australia NEVER do a cheque transfer. They stopped in early 2007.

Wish I had seen this earlier.

Could have advised differently.

Good you have managed to get a temp unlimit.

Be careful and sit on paypal to make sure they do, in fact, allow this to happen.

:mod:

munchkinxx 09-13-2013 11:20 PM

Retrieving money from Ebay continued

After days of countless phone calls and going back and forth between EB and PP, I've gotten PP to unlimit the account for the funds to go through for that reversal only. Once it goes through they'll lock it down again. Just waiting for the funds to go through now. I've asked for the cheque however EB has said they can only do the PP transfer.'

So the transfer couldn't go though. Paypal says they temporarily lifted the receiving money limitation so the refund can go through. EB says the transfer can't go through unless the whole restriction on the account is removed. I don't know what to do. Should I just write off the $106 refund? I've spent over 3 weeks of countless calls back and forth on this. It's been so a waste of time.

I don't understand why Ebay can't liaise with PP or vice versa for the funds to go back on the account.

GreenBean 09-14-2013 05:54 AM

Re: Retrieving money from Ebay

It is very simple.

Neither company want to liaise with each other to accomodate you.

This is in their too hard department.

Anything they promised in writing or all verbal?

paypal australia play hard ball on these transactions. Only aware of 2 that worked.

:mod:

munchkinxx 09-17-2013 10:58 AM

It's all verbal. I've had EB and PP on a conference call 3 times already.. hopefully the third time round is successful.

munchkinxx 09-23-2013 10:36 PM

Haven't had any success. Every time EB attempts the refund it won't go through as PP is limited. PP keeps telling me they've lifted the limitation so that the funds can go through however EB has just confirmed they have not.

I don't understand how EB can't reimburse via another method instead of going back to PP. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem which means EB is keeping all this money that doesn't belong to them?

I don't know who else I can speak to at PP to let the funds go through?