eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Load N Go - Now requires ID (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/108816-load-n-go-now-requires-id.html)

dirtyBirdBBQ 07-10-2017 10:26 PM

Load N Go - Now requires ID

Postoffice now requires you to put down ID before being allowed to purchase the Load n Go reloadables.

Can anyone recommend prepaid credit cards without requiring ID?

Blighty 07-11-2017 05:32 PM

Re: Load N Go - Now requires ID

Well i needed ID in 2015 at Aus Post assumed it has been policy since then

dirtyBirdBBQ 07-11-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blighty (Post 857931)
Well i needed ID in 2015 at Aus Post assumed it has been policy since then

Up until around 3 months ago (estimate April 2017) I never had to supply ID. You only had to provide a mobile number.

There was a systems upgrade in the past month which I think has brought in some of these policy changes.

Toolman89 07-12-2017 07:06 AM

They only 'sight' your id. It isn't attached to your card in any way. They don't write down your details or anything. It's only so you can load funds via the app. It doesn't really make sense cause you could already bank transfer to the card.

dirtyBirdBBQ 08-01-2017 03:43 AM

thanks for the info. ill check at my local and confirm

Abby Moffli 08-02-2017 03:35 AM

MY experience is they asked for ID and it appear they entered my name into the system as when i registered they card online my name was already in the profile

Lord_Haw_Haw 08-07-2017 09:41 AM

I went to my local po, they look at the id, push "y" on the keyboard and then just went through the process as normal. didnt enter details, i asked why the id, the guy said for some reason they need to "sight" it. he didnt understand why nor did i. you dont need a memorable word anymore, just a phone number and access code.

ozebyer 09-08-2017 03:10 AM

Is Load n Go still able to used as linked Bank Account.

Abby Moffli 09-09-2017 03:37 AM

Paypal blacklisted the bsb number so you can no longer link the card as a bank account

R3X 10-01-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby Moffli (Post 870451)
Paypal blacklisted the bsb number so you can no longer link the card as a bank account

Yep :(
Any other cards that work?

Toolman89 11-25-2017 11:57 AM

So apparently you now need two forms of id and you also have to present other details (email, address? i'm not sure, i didn't have enough id to complete the purchase). Also they told me you can only own a maximum of 6 cards now, but I can't find that mentioned anywhere on the new terms of service.

Toolman89 11-25-2017 06:49 PM

Okay so now when you purchase a card they actually make an Australia Post account for you. Your card will be pregistered then with your address, etc. hence why you need your licence and passport to make sure it is accurate. And you can only have a maximum of 5 load and go reloadable cards linked to the one account. Also if you get a replacement card/your card expires you have to go in store to reactivate it, so if you have a card under a different name and it expires you won't be able to reactivate it. There's 'no bank account needed' but the card is now as difficult to get as a bank account rendering them pointless.

Lord_Haw_Haw 11-29-2017 01:23 AM

Correct. You now have to pass what is an effectively 100 point ID check to buy a pre-paid Load+Go card so there's no point in having them anymore. If you already own a card then you don't have to do the ID check BUT when it expires you will be sent a new card and that will require you to present ID at the Post Office before it can be activated.

Australia Post will sales in this card plummet because you may as well go open a bank account will full banking access (no $250/week ATM limits, not $999 limits) so its unlikely these cards will be popular anymore.

Toolman89 11-29-2017 08:07 PM

Combine that with Woolworths and Coles both suddenly getting rid of all their prepaid cards at the same time and the nanny state has completely eradicated them. There's no viable prepaid cards left in this country anymore.

yarran 12-05-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolman89 (Post 887609)
Combine that with Woolworths and Coles both suddenly getting rid of all their prepaid cards at the same time and the nanny state has completely eradicated them. There's no viable prepaid cards left in this country anymore.

so what do we do now? im still quite new to stealthing, whats the best way to have a "bank account" added to paypal? & what do you do for phone verification? ive been told its important to always have access to the number in case ebay/pp call, but how can i get it in the same name as the ebay/pp acc?

sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure it all out :p

shad0wd0wn 12-18-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolman89 (Post 886803)
Okay so now when you purchase a card they actually make an Australia Post account for you. Your card will be pregistered then with your address, etc. hence why you need your licence and passport to make sure it is accurate. And you can only have a maximum of 5 load and go reloadable cards linked to the one account. Also if you get a replacement card/your card expires you have to go in store to reactivate it, so if you have a card under a different name and it expires you won't be able to reactivate it. There's 'no bank account needed' but the card is now as difficult to get as a bank account rendering them pointless.

Considering Australia doesn't fall under AVS, couldn't you just register it under your name regardless and then attach it the same way stealth works? As in under a different name?

drphilly 12-27-2017 11:20 PM

The Only1 Visa pre-paid card doesn't require ID, however, it is not re-loadable.

Toolman89 12-28-2017 05:55 PM

Yeah it's a gift card. The load and go gift card is much better if you don't care about having a reloadable card. Google reviews for the Only1 Visa card. It sounds like a nightmare.

Verge 01-11-2018 02:46 AM

I'm going to get a a Load and go in the next couple of days to check it out.
Got these at work, but can't remember all the details. They are a bit of a pain, the front end of their system (what the customer sees when they login and statements is screwed up completely in my experience).
Wesfarmers are Coles, Officeworks and ?

Verge 01-13-2018 12:23 AM

Purchased an Aussie post Visa Gift Card this morning. Not yet activated. No ID required to buy. Whether or not it works with what I want to do with it is another matter. It may yet be great for buying Sat. night Pizza.

chrisando 01-13-2019 07:03 PM

My experience is PP banned the AusPost BSB number from being added as a bank account anyway. So what is the use of the reloadable cards? Are you using for something else?

For verification purposes the single load Gift Cards or Only1 Cards are much much easier.

Has anybody had experience with the Xinja Reloadable Cards xinja.com.au they can share?