HELP Aus account limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 05-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default HELP Aus account limited

Today i awoke to this delightful email from paypal

"We are contacting you because changes to Australian anti-money laundering laws require PayPal to confirm the identity of its customers whose accounts reach a specific transaction level.

We have placed a partial restriction on your account, preventing you from sending payments and withdrawing funds. The reason for this partial restriction is one of the following:
- Your account has exceeded a specific transaction level or;
- We did not receive a response to our previous email requesting further information to confirm your identity within 45 days.

To have the restriction lifted, please log in to your PayPal account. On the My Account Overview page, look for the notice that directs you to the steps required for confirming your identity.

Once we have confirmed your identity we will lift the partial restriction and restore your account to its full access. If you do not respond within 45 days, we are required to impose a full restriction, which would also prevent you from receiving payments.

If you have any trouble completing these steps, please call Customer Service at 1800-073-263."

I have been using a stealth account successfully for months thanks to some help from the forums. But a few days ago i foolishly transfered a large some of money into the account in preperation for a couple of large ebay purchases.

I have searched the forums and google, but i still have some questions

Unlike the US and UK paypal their email says they will get their money back after the limitation, what worries me is that nowhere in the email does it say i will get my money back if i dont provide proof.

I cannot provide ID etc becuase its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and i dont believe i can photoshop ID becuase the name on the paypal account is clearly a business name(although its a personal account), A drivers licence with a business name on it is a bit sus.

SO the question is,With this type of suspension and being in AUS after the 45 days will i be able to transfer the money back using my linked bank account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-29-2009

Send a message via MSN to jamesmct Send a message via Skype™ to jamesmct

Just give some ID's even if it is a business name on them. The people who check these things are like robots and they will just press a couple of buttons when they see it and your account will be reinstated.
Old 05-29-2009
Threadstarter  

my problem is that my name is similar to

first name- online
last name - electronics

do you think they would stupid enough to let that through on a photo id ?
Old 05-29-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Lol!! That is funny!
Old 05-30-2009

Send a message via MSN to jamesmct Send a message via Skype™ to jamesmct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
my problem is that my name is similar to

first name- online
last name - electronics

do you think they would stupid enough to let that through on a photo id ?
Your screwed either way I guess so may as well give it a shot, they might surprise you.
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
first name- online
last name - electronics
I hereby christen this child Online Electronics
Old 05-30-2009
Threadstarter  

i have two choices

1. send the utilities bill and drivers licence with the business name on them

or

2. Send the utilities bill with the business name but the drivers licence with my legit name (i no longer have any banned ebay or paypal account) The addresses will match and it will look like i am the business owner and its at my address. This way i may have some bargaining power if they are reasonable.

How negotiable are they, could i ring them and explain that its a business name and i am the owner and the money is mine if they dont let it through first time?
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Define 'no longer have any banned ebay/paypal' accounts? Because if you think that you are incorrect
Old 05-30-2009
Threadstarter  

the suspension has been lifted on my original ebay account, the paypal account under my real name has always worked and was never suspended.
Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well now you know for future how to name accounts, whats wrong with id in any name and say a bank account statement or whatever in online electronics, send it thru and see, it may get
glanced at and allowed, you would laugh at the terrible id Ive sent in and been lifted, it could have been done with crayons.
Old 05-30-2009
Threadstarter  

it would have been so simple if it was a believable name, i have learn't my lesson there.

Last edited by bigbubba; 05-30-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2009
Threadstarter  

I send through all my ID, i didnt get a chance to get back to my pc til a day later and i had one email saying the limit had been lifted then another email an hr later saying it had been limited again. looks like i will be waiting the 180days
Old 06-17-2009

Longevity: 90%

hi
I just anyone know how many transaction level to trigger this kind of limited case?
such within 1 month you got $6000 transaction?
or within 1 year if you over $6000 transaction?

if within 1 year over $6000 transaction I am guess many AU eBay seller will get verifies the ID again?
Old 06-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The ball park figure is up to AU$6000. But the way paypal au applies the request differs with each and every account. Run that much a month thro' a new account and be ready for limitations. Over a year, be ready for an email about money laundering. I do not use paypal au for these reasons.
Old 06-18-2009

but the thing is if i created stealth account with paypal and ebay. then it is hard to submit f.a.k.e ID or bank statement.
and $6000 limit for each year it is so easy over pass
only 2 to 3 months sales will be passed $6000 transaction
Old 06-18-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That is why you should split up your sales among several accounts.
Old 06-18-2009

yes i do have some several accounts......however still original question for each account will easy pass $6000 each year for my point of view as well.
Old 06-27-2009

Longevity: 91%

I have two OLD accts, one 5 year and one new. The new one took AU$40,000 before I got the email. Supplied "creative" ID, no probs. The five year one I got the email Within $1500 !! I think it was because I changed my name in my eBay profile. More "creative" ID (but with same photo) and was lifted.

The two old ones have had $90000+ each go through them in the last two years without a drama.
Old 12-01-2009
Threadstarter  

6 months has now passed. I was expecting an email to say please remove your funds but there isn't one. My account is still limited(i cannot transfer my money) and they are asking me to provide my photo id again which i cannot do.

Where do i go from here? if i provide the f%ke details again i will be suspended for another 6mnths and still have to claim to my money.
Old 04-05-2010

Longevity: 81%

hello, i have a question, I have a limited paypal account in my sons name, i also have a section 9 suspension on my ebay account also in my sons name,

I have 3 suspended accounts in my name and address, i sent my sons drivers license and bank statement to verify paypal he is 17 but will be 18 in a few days, his address is the same as mine

do you think my limitation will be lifted and his ebay account suspention lifted?

if so how long will this take do you think