eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/)
-   -   INR 3 attempted deliveries customer got full refund Im out hundreds of $$ shipping (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/124852-inr-3-attempted-deliveries-customer-got-full-refund-im-out-hundreds-shipping.html)

goin 03-19-2019 09:03 PM

INR 3 attempted deliveries customer got full refund Im out hundreds of $$ shipping

Sold a item on Ebay to a buyer in USA
Sent the item as the sale was normal Even asked for a contact number and they replied with a landline number which i put on the package

as far as I thought the item was delivered but after several months i received the item back.
The item was attempted delivery 3 times and held for a long period of time then returned to me unclaimed

I then received a item not received claim which was ruled in the buyers favour as paypal stated that attempted deliveries are not deliveries and buyer got a full refund costing me hundreds of dollars in shipping fees.
This seems very unfair as i could not have done any more to prevent this and thought I did all I can correctly.

What are my options from here to reclaim shipping and ebay fees if any?
How do I prevent this from occurring again?

Thanks in advance

Toolman89 03-19-2019 09:54 PM

Re: INR 3 attempted deliveries customer got full refund Im out hundreds of $$ shippin

well obviously you don't send it again after the 1st failure

SaiJin 03-19-2019 10:10 PM

Re: INR 3 attempted deliveries customer got full refund Im out hundreds of $$ shippin

You should be glad you got the item back at the very least.
if it's such a high value item, you should be checking the tracking and make sure that they customer got it.

In this case, they didn't.

Sunspot144 03-19-2019 11:16 PM

Google their address to see if it is correct. Lot of times street or zip code is wrong.

Was the shipping label intact?

Could also be postal worker couldn't figure out where to go.

phaz0rz 03-20-2019 06:51 AM

You can take steps to prevent this from happening in the future but you won't be able to recoup your shipping losses. Write off that shipping charge as the cost of doing business. The shipping company has already flown your package to USA and back to you (twice the distance they billed you for) so you certainly won't be getting anything back from them.

eBay on the other hand is flexible and has worked with sellers in cases like this.. but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

parsierngue 03-21-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolman89 (Post 987416)
well obviously you don't send it again after the 1st failure

I'm pretty sure that the parcel was just returned to the local depot after the first two delivery attempts, and then returned to the OP after the third one.

meloncoly 03-21-2019 09:43 AM

EBay is very biased against sellers regarding shipping fees. I've sold things that require a £50 pallet delivery. And they expect you to absorb this cost if the buyer returns the item to you (also at your cost)
I wouldn't send anything high value overseas.

goin 03-27-2019 03:23 AM

so if they just could be be bothered to get up and open the door for the courier or go to pick it up from the local post office and its returned to me, then I lose all the money I was paid and have to cover the shipping costs?

Surely there has to be a way to hold the receiver accountable for this

oompaloompa 03-27-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goin (Post 989259)
so if they just could be be bothered to get up and open the door for the courier or go to pick it up from the local post office and its returned to me, then I lose all the money I was paid and have to cover the shipping costs?

Surely there has to be a way to hold the receiver accountable for this

No you cannot do much about this one you just had but in future it would need to be a restock fee type thing, listed on description. then just class it as a return and fight it out if there is a case.

for this one, you can try refunding just the product and see if they come back and ask for shipping as well, they might not, or might see refund notification and not even click on it and not check the amount.