eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can I link a new Paypal account to my eBay account (My old Paypal account is limited) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/30591-can-i-link-new-paypal-account-my-ebay-account-my-old-paypal-account-limited.html)

moey187 04-21-2011 01:34 PM

Can I link a new Paypal account to my eBay account (My old Paypal account is limited)

So, I just got limited on my Paypal account. It cannot be appealed and is limited forever. I think due to me being linked to a banned account. Anyways I'm thinking of making a stealth PayPal account (new address, phone number, bank account, but keeping the same name). This works well for me as I am moving addresses in 2 weeks and can use a new address and phone number. I want to keep my eBay account as it has good feedback. I will most likely change the details on this eBay account to match my new PayPal account in terms of address and phone number. I just wanted to know if it will work linking this new PayPal account to my current eBay account? I will change my IP address, and delete cookies etc. I've purchased the Stealth Book and it has helped :).

Thanks.

ets 04-22-2011 03:04 AM

DON'T DO IT! It's been discussed before! That will get you linked as well. Best thing to do is to create accounts from scratch and start over!

ShadyOne 04-22-2011 07:17 AM

You may get some use out of the eb ay account with the new PP but they will catch up to you at some point.

moey187 04-22-2011 11:34 AM

I will give it a try I guess. Who knows I might be lucky?

rsot 04-22-2011 01:05 PM

GreenBean is at her finest...

GreenBean 04-22-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moey187 (Post 222107)
I will give it a try I guess. Who knows I might be lucky?

So when you were a kid, and one of your parents said dont touch the stove because it's too hot, do I guess you were that kid who did touch the stove AND burned yourself?

Sighs. Here's why doing what you think you can do is dangerous.

The worst word for ebay/paypal is LINK.

There's this poor little ebay account all sad because it's lost its paypal. :tears:
No amount of changing info as you described in your 1st post will work.

The minute you put that new paypal with the new address and the easter basket full of new goodies, you have created a LINK.

paypal will go 'heehee' and that hard work will not mean the long term survial of the account. :boink:

I would like you to consider this alternative:

make a new account at the new address and start again.

Hard work but long term win-win for you :peace:

stillconfused 05-02-2011 12:38 AM

Just a thought, can't you attach a Paymate account to the e bay account and continue to use it?

rsot 05-02-2011 10:18 AM

That you CAN do =)

invader_adam 10-30-2011 11:09 PM

Geez that was easy. Power-Seller e-bay account had a indefinite limit on pay-pal account. Couldn't list any items.
Removed paypal account, signed up a pay-mate, attached paymate to ebay and boom re-listed item. Only took moments. Hopefully no issues. :@

rsot 10-31-2011 09:25 AM

Nice work.

NadiaLauren 11-09-2011 06:11 AM

sure if you want to get banned away and have all your pp $$ held :D

NadiaLauren 11-09-2011 06:12 AM

Helloooooooooooooo Greenbean, I'm back in to say hay. I've been away for ages. Hope you are well x

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 222252)
So when you were a kid, and one of your parents said dont touch the stove because it's too hot, do I guess you were that kid who did touch the stove AND burned yourself?

Sighs. Here's why doing what you think you can do is dangerous.

The worst word for ebay/paypal is LINK.

There's this poor little ebay account all sad because it's lost its paypal. :tears:
No amount of changing info as you described in your 1st post will work.

The minute you put that new paypal with the new address and the easter basket full of new goodies, you have created a LINK.

paypal will go 'heehee' and that hard work will not mean the long term survial of the account. :boink:

I would like you to consider this alternative:

make a new account at the new address and start again.

Hard work but long term win-win for you :peace:

hbpoulos 11-09-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader_adam (Post 282963)
Geez that was easy. Power-Seller e-bay account had a indefinite limit on pay-pal account. Couldn't list any items.
Removed paypal account, signed up a pay-mate, attached paymate to ebay and boom re-listed item. Only took moments. Hopefully no issues. :@

Hi mate,

Did you complete your registration on Paymate to accept credit card payments?

If so, did you just make up stuff for the business e.t.c?

Cheers.

BubbleTea 04-25-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillconfused (Post 224980)
Just a thought, can't you attach a Paymate account to the e bay account and continue to use it?

Is this Paymate thing only for Aus?
Can it also be used with other ebay sites like US, UK?

If I make a new eBay AU account, can I just use a Paymate with it and not use Paypal at all?

Thanks.

rsot 04-25-2012 08:40 AM

Last I checked Paym ate worked for AUS - not sure about UK but prob so - not CAN =(

For a NEW eb account, you will have to have a pp in place and THEN when you meet paym ate's criteria (something like 10 feedback, all positive or something...you have to check...that could be Pr op ay's thing however), you can apply for that account and use it.

BubbleTea 04-25-2012 12:10 PM

So eBay AU does not require you to have Paypal as a payment method?
It seems PP is required for most of the other sites' eBays.