\"eBay  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Shipping Address Blacklisted. :( (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/71738-shipping-address-blacklisted.html)

DotDot 03-26-2014 06:08 PM

Shipping Address Blacklisted. :(

Ok so i needed to buy some furniture and instead of withdrawing, i bought a $2500 couch. In the Merchants website. i entered billing address as the PP account and shipping address as mine. Not on paypal. On the merchants website.

A few hours later. my pp account got limited. i called paypal up and paypal told me it's been linked to another account. I am like what the hell. I was genuinely shocked as i know what i am doing!!!! There is no way it could be linked. They told me the name of the person it was linked to and it was one paypal account from over a year ago. :attention:

I am 100% convinced that they linked me based on the shipping address even though it wasn't entered onto paypal because i have bought stuff online with paypal in the past. I asked the paypal person if i could be linked based on that and they said they didn't know.

I had $6000 in paypal balance in this paypal account. I was going to use it to buy furniture instead of withdrawing it to a bank account. :( Now i am going to have $6,000 held for 6 months :doh: so upset.

So i have a couple questions.

does anyone know if paypal links because i entered a different shipping address on the merchants website?

and

how do i go around this if i want to buy something with paypal and ship to my address?

I was considering getting a P.O box to sent stuff too but most online stores don't send to P.O boxes. :(

GreenBean 03-26-2014 06:14 PM

Re: Shipping Address Blacklisted. :(

Yep, paypal can link with different addresses.

Probable that the amount tripped flags within the system.

If the address got used for a delivery, that does 'go into the paypal system' even though there is no evidence your side.

It's a scary trick

DotDot 03-28-2014 01:30 AM

Re: Shipping Address Blacklisted. :(

Just did an experiment and bought some vitamins Yesterday using another account for $60, sending to same address and it didn't get limited or linked so i am stumped. :/ Maybe you are right that it might have something to do with the amount that flags it.

Surprisingly the one with $6000 in it is a 18 month old account with good history which is why i thought it would be safe...and the one that was for $60 that didn't get flagged was 3 months old. :/