eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/)
-   -   "URGENT!! Need Help" Paypal adding funds from my bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/86153-urgent-need-help-paypal-adding-funds-my-bank-account.html)

herbert_leung 05-29-2015 12:23 AM

"URGENT!! Need Help" Paypal adding funds from my bank account

Dear all,

PP is going to take money from my Bank Of Melbourne saving bank account to refund one of my buyer while i have 2k in my stealth pp acc.

As it's stealth pp so the name is slightly different with bank account holder's name, so are they able to take money from there ? Should i empty my bank account with no money so they cannot process the payment and see my name ? What will happen if they can't take money from my bank account ?

Any suggestion or advice would be highly appericated.

Thank you

Bunneh 05-29-2015 02:14 AM

Re: "URGENT!! Need Help" Paypal adding funds from my bank account

yes that is the only time paypal will see your name, is when you let them take funds from your bank account.

I am sure a once off will be fine and not get your account shut down as they only will see your name if they did a manual review of your account.

But if you want to be safe you can try removing your funds as you say.

herbert_leung 05-29-2015 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 673120)
yes that is the only time paypal will see your name, is when you let them take funds from your bank account.

I am sure a once off will be fine and not get your account shut down as they only will see your name if they did a manual review of your account.

But if you want to be safe you can try removing your funds as you say.

Thanks Bunneh, i just moved all money to other bank account and hopefully, should be no problem. Btw do you know what will happen if pp cannot debit money from my bank account ? Cheers

GreenBean 05-29-2015 02:53 AM

So now you have brought more attention to your account during a refund process?

Not such a good idea.

rsot 05-29-2015 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert_leung (Post 673126)
Thanks Bunneh, i just moved all money to other bank account and hopefully, should be no problem. Btw do you know what will happen if pp cannot debit money from my bank account ? Cheers

IF pp cannot debit the money...chances are your account will be limited.

Bank may still send the money and you may be hit with negative balance plus overdraft fee (just saying)

Bunneh 05-29-2015 05:02 AM

It is unlikely you will be limited for a refund failing since a lot of factors can make a refund fail. Not just yours.

When a payment fails from your bank. The refund will fail and you will have to refund the buyer again. If paypal has already paid the buyer. Your paypal balance will get debited as they will still be owed the funds.

I find it strange your refund did not come out of the paypal balance. Were all your funds in the pending section?

herbert_leung 05-29-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 673142)
It is unlikely you will be limited for a refund failing since a lot of factors can make a refund fail. Not just yours.

When a payment fails from your bank. The refund will fail and you will have to refund the buyer again. If paypal has already paid the buyer. Your paypal balance will get debited as they will still be owed the funds.

I find it strange your refund did not come out of the paypal balance. Were all your funds in the pending section?

Thanks again for your help Bunneh, all AUD balance in my pp is withdrawable. I feel strange too although i need to refund buyer in USD, but according to the history clearly show up the refund amount being coverted to AUD from USD and then going to debit AUD from my bank account. :eek:

DotDot 05-30-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert_leung (Post 673106)
As it's stealth pp so the name is slightly different with bank account holder's name,

You said your name is slightly Different. Is the address and DOB on the account to be yours? cos if your name is only slightly different and you entered your address and DOB in the info then PP will get a debt collector after you and the debt collector would do checks and will figure out you are the same person because the info is very similar. also if you do not pay the debt collector. you will have a bad credit rating strike against your name.

So if you do stealth. Name, address and DOB should be completely different. a slight variation still can connect you as the owner of that account.