eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   listing dvds...had a problem (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/12641-listing-dvds-had-problem.html)

arsgunner77 08-12-2009 02:03 PM

listing dvds...had a problem

so i listed 3 sopranos dvds about 10 days ago..the only picture i used was like poster type promo picture...anyways all 3 auctions ended fine..

than a few days later i list some other dvds but this time i used my own pictures,i tried to make em appear perfectly fine but less than 24 hours later,there taken down....my account is about a year old and ive been selling for maybe a month with 20 feedback or so

anyone think this is strange?

bluemoon999 08-12-2009 02:22 PM

By VERO? Any other people selling the same DVDs still?

Do you mind copy paste the off-listing msg from eBay?

arsgunner77 08-12-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 98635)
By VERO? Any other people selling the same DVDs still?

Do you mind copy paste the off-listing msg from eBay?

ya vero,but it doesnt provide an email from you..but its still weird tho cuz i listed 3 sopranos last week no problem but again i didnt put a picture of the actual dvd..just a promo photo and yes there are quite a few people selling the same item and there up and have been up for awhile

and most people are using stock photos...maybe i should stick to doing what i did with the sopranos you think?

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item (320375934)

Copyright infringement is unlawful and against eBay's policies. Copyright is the protection provided by law to the authors of creative works, such as movies, music, software, photographs and books, both published and unpublished.

Copyright owners possess the exclusive right to reproduce the copyrighted work, to distribute copies of the copyrighted work, and to perform or display the copyrighted work publicly.

eBay prohibits the listing of unauthorized copies of copyrighted works. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.

Guideline: If the product you are selling is a copy of another work that you aren't authorized to copy, don't list the item. Listing unauthorized copies of copyrighted material infringes upon the copyright of the rights owner.

This may include hard disks pre-loaded with unauthorized copies of media (including software, movies, or music). "Hard disk loading" occurs when software is loaded onto a computer, often as an incentive to increase the value, without an accompanying license agreement, manual, or documentation.

Photocopies of media (including books, textbook solution manuals and teacher's manuals) are not permitted on eBay.

You can sell products on recordable media (such as VHS tapes, audio tapes, CD-Rs, and DVD-Rs). However, your listing needs to state that you are the copyright owner or a licensed reseller, and you can prove it if requested to do so.

Maddawgxxl 08-14-2009 09:36 PM

I've been selling Sopranos for a few months always with the stock picture. My friend tried and it got removed after it ended and another as soon as he posted. Not sure the logic behind it.

bluemoon999 08-14-2009 10:00 PM

Normally eBay won't remove it after the auction ends, unless something serious, or repeated violation. eBay removes listings reported by VERO no matter it's ended or not.

Most VEROs don't have time to just sit there and watch what people sell their stuffs on eBay. Most likely the competitors sent emails to them.

SaiJin 08-15-2009 10:57 AM

What does it tell you MPAA took your listing down 45 minutes after you list it? And on a Saturday? =)

bluemoon999 08-15-2009 11:36 AM

That time frame is possible and eBay works on weekends.

Vicvelcro 08-15-2009 01:31 PM

Tells me they have a flag set on you and are actually watching what *you* do. They're on to you.

Let your listings run out, let the account cool. Switch to another account, and change out the items you list. Let some of your ITEMS cool too (they're probably checking that angle - preempting your next move). MPAA can be viscious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saijin (Post 99227)
What does it tell you MPAA took your listing down 45 minutes after you list it? And on a Saturday? =)

DogFacedBoy 08-15-2009 01:50 PM

This kind of stuff really PO's me.
Why is it automatically assumed if you are selling DVDs or CDs that they are bootlegged?
And other VERO items (available only through authorized distributers)
Once you obtain an item legally it is yours to do with as you wish, keep it, sell it, whatever.
If they are high risk items, why not bam them altogether?

A copyright violation notice could have come from a competitor turning you in as opposed to VERO

arsgunner77 08-16-2009 12:14 AM

i dont think it was the mpaa or whatever..i emailed ebay back and i believe someone reported me,they said they are not able to provide the info on who reported me,well i noticed 2 others were selling the same exact items and 4 got taken down,the only that was up was a title they werent selling,so i just ended it right away just in case

does ebay really act on if auctions are reported? the auctions were up for maybe 20 hours

but i still see plenty others up

GreenBean 08-16-2009 12:25 AM

Yep, ebay acts just in that way EVEN if the report is unfair. They pay attention to the report and punish the seller.

here's what happens. An account gets 'picked' by the ebay system (for various reasons). Your account was it this round. That is why you see other items the same still up. That's ebay life.

As vicvlecro said, let the account cool down, find other items. My advice be patient & you will beat ebay:peace:

Vicvelcro 08-16-2009 02:02 AM

45 minutes takedown on a saturday seems a bit too fast to be a bot pull, don't you think? Usually a 6hr backlog on weekends. Sometimes even more.

If it was a manual pull, that means somebody with some clout contacted ebay (verbally or a direct point-to-point email, not the email pool that reg vero uses) and got a person to actually DO something about it. That's not a competitor. That's not even standard VeRO.

Or did my tinfoil hat shrink in the wash?

GreenBean 08-16-2009 02:21 AM

^^^DVDs have been under heavy fire for the past 2 months. Perchance the bots are re-programmed? There has also been rumblings elsewhere about the integrity of DVD selling. Tiffany anyone? :thumb:

arsgunner77 08-16-2009 02:25 AM

there are plenty of sellers selling the same ones just fine..new and old sellers..id love to know how ebay operates..no one knows for sure tho,we can all just speculate! i researched a bit and may have figured a way to list em..i saw what others have changed in there auctions and it seems to work

will never understand how ebay thinks!!!!!

arsgunner77 08-16-2009 02:27 AM

when i replied to the vero and asked for the email of the person who took down my auctions...heres the response i got...so you guys tell me..i think someone for sure reported

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your removed listing.

We review every report that we receive. However, only listings that
violate eBay policy are ended. Your listing may have been reported, or
it may have been found in one of our routine searches of the site. If
the item was reported, we do not divulge the identities of the reporting
parties due to our privacy policy.

Your listing was removed because it contained indicators that are
commonly associated with fraudulent listings. Due to security concerns,
I'm unable to share with you the specific criteria that we used to make
this decision. We keep this information confidential, to prevent
potential misuse.

Please understand that it's against eBay policy and illegal to sell
counterfeit or unauthorized items. This policy protects intellectual
property and protects buyers from purchasing counterfeit or fraudulent
items.

eBay can remove a listing if we believe that the sale of the item might
create liability for the buyer, the seller, or a third party.

THE ODD THING IS I SOLD SOPRANOS PERFECTLY FINE BEFORE I STARTED TO LIST OTHERS,SO I DONT KNOW

GreenBean 08-16-2009 02:27 AM

muah! Play with us & you will find out. Lot of detectives here :thumb::thumb:

Vicvelcro 08-16-2009 02:49 AM

If they will not give you the email contact for the takedown, it was not a VeRO rep who got you pulled.

arsgunner77 08-16-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicvelcro (Post 99356)
If they will not give you the email contact for the takedown, it was not a VeRO rep who got you pulled.

ya i figured that when i didnt see an email and also from there email..but do they really take down auctions if one person reports it and they suspect something,weird

Vicvelcro 08-16-2009 03:27 PM

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Depends on who reported it. Some ebay staff have pet sellers that snitch for them. Some sellers are flakes and tattle annoyingly often and are thusly ignored. Also, if the staffer's dog just ate the goldfish that day, well you get the idea...

TigerLord 08-16-2009 06:09 PM

Me and a few competitors have been exchanging e-mails. We sell a lot of DVD (most of it are legit, some are bootlegs) and depending of the show, our listings all get reported.

It is NOT VeRO...they are definitely manually reported. Apparently, one of the my competitor got a personal e-mail from one of them. He has 4000+ FB and PS gold status, in spite of the many takedowns, he someshow manages to relist the stuff anyway without any supension. I told him he was risking a lot... but whatever.

The point is both bootleg AND legit are being taken down systematically. 6 of us are talking via a private forum (and I've played detective, bookmarked their store, and their listings are really getting pulled) and we found out, as per the personnal e-mail one of them got, that they're a bunch of young teenagers and adults (16-22), an "anti-bootleg" group that, according to them "shall cleanse eBAY of the evil profitors and scum".

:pound::pound::pound:

What a bunch of losers. One of them even bought from said competitors, we were able to get a verifiable address, name and phone number (can you believe it: they used their real name to open an eBAY account meant to be used as harassment).

One of us relies totally on eBAY for all income and is 100% legit (unlike the rest of us) and has hired a private PI to find out more and take appropriate action... either lawsuit, or scare the **** out of them somehow... don't know how it will end.

At first it pissed me off, but then I started listing with many accounts, different descriptions/pictures (but same product) and even if I can take one or 2 hits one one, by the time I cycled through all my accounts (I have many) the first ones had their violations expire, rinse & repeat...

:thumb:

bluemoon999 08-16-2009 06:27 PM

I do see some Canadian & USA eBay IDs floating and cycling around in the past 2 years.

F@#kVeRoCompAndTheRest!! 04-06-2010 06:43 AM

Ebay has become Dante's Inferno for Sellers

I know that eBay is vast and the methods in which items are pulled is no doubt by people snitching or rather systematically. I just got a Your Baby Can Read listing pulled and a 30 day restriction after I came off a 7 day suspension for something else entirely. So I know that eBay is watching me. Now I believe that I have to let my account cool but I do not have another account. After reading several forums I see that is necessary. :-) The only thing is separating the accounts as to not fall like dominoes if one got suspended. I have been reading up on techniques and so far so good. Anybody else have insight?