someone says my items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 08-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default someone says my items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗

hi all

today I got a message from another eBay member, he says that the items Im selling are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. And he will tell eBay about that for fair trading. The reason he thinks so is because of the look of my items from the photos.

Even though my items are genuine, but I just want to know has anyone experienced this? and what will eBay normally do?

Also the items Im selling are identical to all other ones on eBay. SO I think if eBay listen to him, they will have to remove all other listings, which i dont think they are willing to do just because someone tell them so. Unless the manufacturer report to them.

To be safe I have removed most of the photos in my listings.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-21-2009

I'm not sure if they will listen to him, but multiple reports may get your listings removed. If I'm ever accused of selling f@ke items I would just cancel the listings, new pictures and auction them in another account. Just to be safe.
Old 08-21-2009

Maybe a rival seller trying to put you off....

CaptainJack
Old 08-21-2009

Longevity: 89%

Is your eBay ID in good standing? no listing removal within last 90 days? DSR? any Negs?

Sounds like he's not manufacturer. To know this enemy better, check his ID history, feedback and location, what things he bought before. (You probably can not see his email address since AUS eBay always hides email in the very first message) Compare with other sellers, see if there is any match.

Some people send this kind threaten notes because they already reported you but eBay won't listen. Put his ID on the block list, report his message back to eBay if his ID is pretty new or very low feedback. Sometimes eBay will limit their accounts and do some security verification.

Very confident about the items you sell? Reply a message and explain a little bit if you want. Good Luck!
Old 08-21-2009
Threadstarter  

personally i dont think they will listen to him either, they are busy enough. If they do so they have to do to all other listings like mine. And I sold this before without any problem from buyers.

i dont think anyone else besides him report to eBay about my listings. But should be cautious in the future.

he used an account that doesnt sell much, so don't know hes also selling or not.
Old 08-21-2009
Threadstarter  

my account is newly created few weeks ago, no removed listings, no negatives. Checked his ID, only buying, many positive feedbacks, but that doesn't mean anything.

I messaged him back and explained, also told him the fact that many identical items are on eBay everyday. I will wait to see if my listings end normally or not. I dont want to take it up to eBay at this stage because that may raise the flag on my account.

Thanks for your opinions
Old 08-22-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Maybe a rival seller trying to put you off....

CaptainJack
This is more than 100% likely, and the worse is, he will succeed. That is the, competitor will. eBay takes down anything if they even remotely think it MIGHT be a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, unless the listing provides indisputable proofs that it cannot be.
Old 08-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLord View Post
This is more than 100% likely, and the worse is, he will succeed. That is the, competitor will. eBay takes down anything if they even remotely think it MIGHT be a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, unless
listing provides indisputable proofs that it cannot be.
this is true some newbe buys an item from me with 5 feedbacks...gave me my first negative feedback...ebay has removed all my listings and suspended me/... so i looked in the persons info and listing, i see she is selling a channel bag so i reported it as counterfit like she did with me on the feedback.. less than an hour she was suspended as well and i evan checked her id after a month, still suspended...after my refund she still gave me a negative after my 100 positives...
Old 08-23-2009
Threadstarter  

well looks like eBay don't care about his report (if he did report to eBay) as my listings are still going fine 3 days after his warning, no message from ebay. he replied to me that "as long as I don't say genuine in my listings", wth???? some people dont have anything to do nowadays? i have sold these before without any problem, and everyone is doing the same.
Old 08-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Just because 'everyone else' sells the same item, worry only about your own listings. You have no idea what relationship other sellers have with ebay....
Old 08-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ()

Dear random ebay seller who has great feedback but we know nothing about,

You recently listed the following Fixed Price listing:

xxxxxxxxx

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

- Limited selling history
- Buyer expressed concerns with the authenticity of previous items

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed. Our concerns included:

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Go to:
Selling with improved results

Thank you for your cooperation. As always, we sincerely value you for being part of the eBay community.

eBay has restricted your ability to list new items as a result of a policy violation. We'd be happy to lift this restriction once you've completed a brief tutorial about this policy. The next time you sign in to your eBay account, click on ?Sell? and ?Sell Your Item.? You?ll then be asked to take the tutorial. Once you've completed it, you can begin selling again immediately.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was followed by a 7 day suspension email
Old 08-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

i also noticed it said previous items .. now i never had a negative or a buyer complain about an item of mine.. could this mean that the same person reported more than one auction of mine?

Last edited by yaw1800; 08-23-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
i also noticed it previous items .. now i never had a negative or a buyer complain about an item of mine.. could this mean that the same person reported mor than one auction of mine?
This, or some competitor.
Old 08-24-2009

Longevity: 86%

Ebay runs on sneaks and informers - just like Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia. I would like to see these people hung from hooks on piano wire.
Old 08-24-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

I got this exact message last week on a few of my items, and filed a Counter Notice Form, and faxed. ebay denied it, stating it wasn't a VERO takedown, so the form doesn't apply.

Any suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item ()

Dear random ebay seller who has great feedback but we know nothing about,

You recently listed the following Fixed Price listing:

xxxxxxxxx

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

- Limited selling history
- Buyer expressed concerns with the authenticity of previous items

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed. Our concerns included:

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Go to:
Selling with improved results

Thank you for your cooperation. As always, we sincerely value you for being part of the eBay community.

eBay has restricted your ability to list new items as a result of a policy violation. We'd be happy to lift this restriction once you've completed a brief tutorial about this policy. The next time you sign in to your eBay account, click on ?Sell? and ?Sell Your Item.? You?ll then be asked to take the tutorial. Once you've completed it, you can begin selling again immediately.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was followed by a 7 day suspension email