New concern using new photos/images for Ebay listings - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 12-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%

If you use Auctiva do you have to spend all day editing pics or buying new cameras?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-03-2009

Longevity: 85%

I use "snagit" program eliminates all beacon problems in any pix.
Old 12-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The topic is crossing to gaga-land. Form a line for medication
At this point, it is not established new cameras are needed for every account. Auctiva allows a layer of protection for its use to do listings. If it does not then expect to hear a loud holler from me. Active accounts are split between same camera(pre-forum days), new images (duly amended) as recommended in eBay Stealth and a new camera which only ever has the full on treatment a la Official Genius. Note I never list thro' ebay.
Comments by Crackar Jack are not unreasonable concerning the bots and the fact that accounts may be run in a similar way. BUT (ya'll know I love but) if certain precautions are taken B4 touching ebay/paypal, the opportunity to link should be so diminished. Surf ebay if you must: don't be signed into your user account, B4 you 'do actual ebay clear cookies etc. Now this is maybe even going too far (like the thread ) have another computer if you are so paranoid.
The final determination of a suspension is mostly human: apply eBay Stealth correctly & there should be no problems
OfficialGenius (12-05-2009)
Old 12-03-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inleague2003 View Post
If you use Auctiva do you have to spend all day editing pics or buying new cameras?
NO

But do not use previously used or same images/pictures from other accounts that you don't want linked.
Old 12-04-2009

I hear what yur saying GreenBean.....

''The final determination of a suspension may very well be made by staff"
However me seems to think these actions may be based on various Computer generated data.....wether it be accurate or not...

Me first for my Medication......lol..........

Last edited by CrackarJack; 12-04-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-04-2009

So to finally put to bed the picture tracking issue.Use Auctiva and never use the same pics from account A to account B etc.There is no need to go out and buy expensive picture editing software and new cameras.
Old 12-04-2009

Longevity: 85%

Personally I use same the camera, different colour background (i.e. paper, blanket, other fabric etc) for each account without issue.

If you want to indulge your paranoia you don't need expensive or complicated software. There is freeware out there that will strip exif data from your images... jStrip is one such app but there are many more.

CaptainJack

Last edited by captainjack1980; 12-04-2009 at 02:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captainjack1980 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-14-2009), NZT (12-14-2009)
Old 12-04-2009

There really is a heap of free picture editing software........

Link... hxxp://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/imagephotoediting.shtml

Paranoia

"You're mind is working at its best when you're being paranoid.
You explore every avenue and possibility of your situation
at high speed with total clarity."

— Banksy

Lol......

Last edited by CrackarJack; 12-04-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old 12-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I use the same camera my every ebay account and if I get an account suspended I still continue to use the pictures I have taken. (pure laziness)

I have NEVER been suspended because of this.

I dont think ebay staff have the TIME or the BRAINS to compare this and check this out.

I am about to use THE SAME images that I used in 2 previous accounts, now NARU'D, If the new account has problems I will let you know.

Don't you think sometimes we look for reasons for suspensions where we see none and we sometimes give them more credit? I mean have they got the time to trace pictures and then suspend users? People copy and use other pictures all of the time, so they would have to suspend other users for just using pictures...right?
Old 12-08-2009

I always edit my photos in photoshop and try to dress them up in some way. I do this in a different style across all my accounts (hey, I sell on ebay so that I have lots of free time, lol). Saving a picture that you copy and paste into photoshop automatically strips it of its EXIF data as well.
Old 12-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Default Jack I do the same

Yes Jack, I do the same. I have seen some threads saying that a specific digital camera can be identified and have even heard talk about people using a different or new digital camera for EVRY ebay account.

While I like to think of myself as open minded and free thinking I feel that this is unlikely that an ebay suspension would come about from photographs from an offending camera alone.

However as we all know it is always better to be cautious and never dismiss any ideas completely, the way we all stay ahead of the game is by being wary.

Yes, the idea of using different backgrounds is a big thumbs up.

But I really think that IF an ebay account was to encounter problems because of photos then the reason would be the army of self appointed ebay members that feel a civic duty to report other members.

Now if one of these members, I call them the Trust in Trade members (TITS)

The really decicated ones are Trust In Trade / Help Everyone Avoid Disputes. (TIT HEADS)

I think if one of these renegades sees a listing and recognizes it then THEY are likely to report it to ebay forcing ebay to take action.

If this is the case we might wrongly assume that our photos are to blame fro the WRONG reason. We might think their super duper software is recognizing our offending camera, yet the truth is more likely a dedicated "ebay snitch" wanting to make the world a better place.

These are scary people and would have loved the rise of Nazi Germany, especially the opportunity to torture people.

Extreme maybe > true possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Personally I use same the camera, different colour background (i.e. paper, blanket, other fabric etc) for each account without issue.

If you want to indulge your paranoia you don't need expensive or complicated software. There is freeware out there that will strip exif data from your images... jStrip is one such app but there are many more.

CaptainJack
Old 12-18-2009
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I think the other problem too is the fact that eBay looks at such a ridiculous amount of listings, and accounts, they probably don't have the time to go, "oh wait, look!!! these pics are the same!" Unless you're dealing with some kind of super auditor, If you think about how many accounts go through paypal verification alone, .... way too much work for one database, or a team of people.

you can't view these detail discussed in the thread unless the pics are downloaded.... do you have any idea how many listings are active at a given time on eBay? It would take some kind of super computer years to track it. Best advice, host the pictures on a different website, or different photobucket account.
Old 01-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

i use same camera for the past 3 years, edit pictures in Photoshop. I don't think i've ever been linked cause i use same camera. So dont worry about it and i wouldn't recommend spending $ on new camera for new account. Save some $
Old 02-17-2010

Longevity: 83%

Ok i read this whole thing and there is a free photo editing software called Photoscape.
It also has an option to delete the exif data, change photo name, etc.
And you can edit photos super fast...once you learn it.

I wouldnt waste the money of buying a new camera.

I had account go down because of photo linking. But i learned from my mistakes.

Check out Photoscape, and let me know what you think.
Old 02-17-2010

Longevity: 84%

I usualy just take the easy way out and use ebay's stock photo or steal one from amazon or another auction site.
Old 02-26-2010

Longevity: 82%
Default ...

Yeah, I've been doing that as well. Any feedback? Do you think its ok to just find a google image of your product from another site and use that? Possibly resize it or something just for safe precautions? That way you never have to worry about using old cameras etc... Its way faster and easier, and you can usually find some pretty professional looking ones
Old 02-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

A lot of people use standard "stock" images of a product. Some are very good and very professional and I use them if they are widely available on the internet.

But I think it is also better to in some cases take your own pictures as they add professionalism and authenticity to your listings while giving the potential buyers more confidence.

Also if you are selling against several other ebay sellers who are all using stock images, your image that you took with your own camera will instantly stand out as being different.
Old 02-27-2010

Longevity: 84%

If you're selling used, rare products or have a specialized business then yeah you would want to take pictures but if you're just selling popular brand new products then a stock photo is gonna work just as well unless you've got a tight margin and you wanna get the best price possible then yeah you would want your own proffessional looking photo's in that case if you can't find 1 better on the internet.

Last edited by jbluntz; 02-27-2010 at 07:09 AM.