eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Answering the "Is it r€al?" question... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/16006-answering-r-al-question.html)

aking 01-21-2010 12:24 AM

Answering the "Is it r€al?" question...

So...I know that some of the items I sell from time to time are ====. I always struggle with how to answer the most popular Vero item question. "Is this item 100% g€nuine?" How do you guys answer this question? I know I am not the only one that struggles with this. :D

OfficialGenius 01-21-2010 12:33 AM

It's simple.
I dislike paranoid buyers to the full extent so if the item is REALLY authentic then I would just ignore them just because usually I would post the receipt or just the fact that I KNOW that my item wasn't imitated. (Usually when the obvious is there they aren't serious about purchasing anyways)
When there's no receipt I would just tell them... "I got it as a gift so I am not 100% sure. I would ask the person who got them from me but It would be an insult. However, you have 3 days to return it if you are not satisfied. :)"
Now, I'm on a whole nother level by having receipts made of all of the items that I'm selling. So that will automatically reduce buyer's paranoia and keep them secure enough to feel/know that the item is authentic! As well as reducing a chance of a return and/or negative feedback by 95%. *;)

-OfficialGenius

kingfish900 01-21-2010 01:03 AM

i do the same thing, just ignore them. genius said it well, usually when the obvious is there they arent serious about purchasing anyways if they have to ask. just make it obvious for them.

kingfish900 01-21-2010 01:05 AM

just say yes, or ignore. what i usually do

ibanez13 01-30-2010 10:57 PM

I agree with OfficialGenius. I tend to just ignore those questions. Paranoid buyers will cause problems no matter what. First you have to talk them into bidding, and then you have to talk them into liking the item. They usually get paranoid regarding how you shipped the item and if it's ever coming. You are better off having them not bid.

Burning 02-01-2010 02:28 PM

Warning! Some idiot bought an item from me but he wanted to know if it was genuine or not before paying. So, he goes and emails all my buyers asking if they are genuine and he shows a video on youtube comparing a ==== with a genuine one. Now, I have about 1 buyer who is emailing me telling me that he bought a ==== item. Fortunately, I only have one buyer and not many. It has already been 45 days and he can not open a dispute. Next time I am going to make sure all my auctions are private.

boss 02-05-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning (Post 122813)
Warning! Some idiot bought an item from me but he wanted to know if it was genuine or not before paying. So, he goes and emails all my buyers asking if they are genuine and he shows a video on youtube comparing a ==== with a genuine one. Now, I have about 1 buyer who is emailing me telling me that he bought a ==== item. Fortunately, I only have one buyer and not many. It has already been 45 days and he can not open a dispute. Next time I am going to make sure all my auctions are private.

Jeez! What a low-life!

SoulStorm 02-08-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 120983)
It's simple.
I dislike paranoid buyers to the full extent so if the item is REALLY authentic then I would just ignore them just because usually I would post the receipt or just the fact that I KNOW that my item wasn't imitated. (Usually when the obvious is there they aren't serious about purchasing anyways)
When there's no receipt I would just tell them... "I got it as a gift so I am not 100% sure. I would ask the person who got them from me but It would be an insult. However, you have 3 days to return it if you are not satisfied. :)"
Now, I'm on a whole nother level by having receipts made of all of the items that I'm selling. So that will automatically reduce buyer's paranoia and keep them secure enough to feel/know that the item is authentic! As well as reducing a chance of a return and/or negative feedback by 95%. *;)

-OfficialGenius

Where do you get your receipts made? :D Can you make some for me? Or tell me where to get them? :D

worththewait 02-14-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulStorm (Post 123688)
Where do you get your receipts made? :D Can you make some for me? Or tell me where to get them? :D

Yeah thats very interesting, how do you do that?

Lyda 02-14-2010 08:27 PM

You just have to be somewhat creative...:bored:

jbluntz 02-14-2010 09:14 PM

I usually just tell them I got them from a friend or garage sale or something and don't know what they mean because I'm not a collector, all I know is what it says on the tag, you know just beat around the bush make up stuff as you go along.

vetus 02-14-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 120979)
So...I know that some of the items I sell from time to time are ====. I always struggle with how to answer the most popular Vero item question. "Is this item 100% g€nuine?" How do you guys answer this question? I know I am not the only one that struggles with this. :D

I ignore them and block them.

ThinkTank 02-26-2010 12:13 PM

is blocking every buyer that asks that question smart? Does it red flag ebay to have way to many blocked buyers?

Hercules 02-26-2010 01:43 PM

I know one thing, If you get an email within 'details' it says like pushtheyellowbutton@ebay.com it's the ebay/vero cops asking scumb@g questions. Later Bang! MC109.