pair of christian louboutin shoes - need help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 07-26-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default pair of christian louboutin shoes - need help!

i bought them from ebay, a few months ago for a friend as they didnt have a ebay account, they are really nice and she was made up with them but they were slightly too small and the buyer had a strict no return policy.

Time has now past and she says if i manage to sell them i can keep half the money for the trouble, the problem is every single time i try to list them the listing gets removed (obviously its been flagged as ⊗⊗⊗⊗, i couldnt care less if they are or arent but i just need something back for them anyway)

Im stuck for ideas, does anyone have any solution to this problem? I eventually got my main ebay account with 40 feedbacks banned because i kept trying to relist them.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-26-2010

Longevity: 85%

If you kept getting the item removed then they are considered HIGH-RISK, meaning you can't sell that on eBay. It's messed up if they are real and this is still happening. The reason why you keep getting it taken down is because the owners think they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. You must sell them on Craigslist or somewhere else.
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
If you kept getting the item removed then they are considered HIGH-RISK, meaning you can't sell that on eBay. It's messed up if they are real and this is still happening. The reason why you keep getting it taken down is because the owners think they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. You must sell them on Craigslist or somewhere else.
i see, the thing is theres loads of people selling them, ones that look REALLY ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and getting away with it somehow!

ive never heard of this craigslist what exactly is it?
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaych View Post
i see, the thing is theres loads of people selling them, ones that look REALLY ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and getting away with it somehow!

ive never heard of this craigslist what exactly is it?
A classified ad site that is local in nature.

You can see it at craigslist.co.uk

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-26-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

i see thanks.

ive just read the eBay Stealth pdf and found it very useful, i might try it once or twice on a new account, do you have any ideas i could try that wouldnt get my listings flagged so easily? i tried never mentioning the brand "christian louboutin" once, and it worked and stayed on but they didnt sell as obviously people couldnt find them when searching
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
i see thanks.

ive just read the eBay Stealth pdf and found it very useful, i might try it once or twice on a new account, do you have any ideas i could try that wouldnt get my listings flagged so easily? i tried never mentioning the brand "christian louboutin" once, and it worked and stayed on but they didnt sell as obviously people couldnt find them when searching
It is just REALLY HARD to sell certain brands on eBay. Some of these companies (Burberry comes to mind) would prefer that NONE of their products ever ended up on eBay at all.

If you have some PROOF of the legitmacy of the item, you might want to contact the VERO member and give them the receipt or whatever you have as proof. But that is certainly not GUARANTEED to work.

Until your post, I had never even heard of this designer, so I have no idea how tough they can be. Hopefully, someone might have more experience with them and chime in.
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It is just REALLY HARD to sell certain brands on eBay. Some of these companies (Burberry comes to mind) would prefer that NONE of their products ever ended up on eBay at all.

If you have some PROOF of the legitmacy of the item, you might want to contact the VERO member and give them the receipt or whatever you have as proof. But that is certainly not GUARANTEED to work.

Until your post, I had never even heard of this designer, so I have no idea how tough they can be. Hopefully, someone might have more experience with them and chime in.
i see, thanks.

The only thing i notice is, that the ones that are getting away with it have 100+ feedback. Maybe they arent flagged so easily like this?
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Some of them have sent in the "necessary" documents to get VeRo member approval - keep that in mind.
Old 08-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

This is how the Ebay "NIGHTMARE" began with me. I have several Michael Jordan rookie cards. At one time I wanted to sell one. When the listing was complete and was on Ebay for sale...it was removed. I relisted the item again. And again I had the item removed.

I was persistant and determained! I also had no idea that after my 4th listing and removed then again, that I was banned for life! Period! The thing was, I could have stopped after the 3rd removal and taken a 12 month suspension, and that was said to me on the phone from Ebay.

That was years ago and rules and regulations have really changed with Ebay since then. I did begin another account that lasted 2-3 years without the help or know-abouts of the Stealth Book, but when Ebay decided to become even more insanely CRAZY with their policy, I was finished for good, UNTIL I discovered the Stealth Book.

So becareful of how many times you relist if your item has been removed, especially a Name Brand or VeRO item like you have.
Be very careful of how you TITLE the item. Try listing it under what it is instead of who it is made by. It works!

Good Luck!

waterproof
The Following User Says Thank You to waterproof For This Useful Post:
deathbychocolate (09-04-2010)
Old 08-03-2010

Longevity: 80%

Thanks for the tip. I will add it to my Magic Book.
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Even if you sell Kate Spade list it under a different Title. Unless you have permission to sell a brand name, you can forget it because the next time you log in it will be removed.
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
This is what really makes me boil...So many of the completed Vero items are listed by 0 feedback accounts less than a week old. Obviously set up just to sell that item.
Then there are other ones that do have feedback like 10 copies of Windows (or other high risk items) in the last couple of weeks...you telling me those are all real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
If the stuff is listed and sold as used how should they be allowed to have it removed? I have over time picked up some niche instructional videos that I am familiar with that I know I can make a little money reselling. The owner of the company is Vero registered and has the stuff taken down and the best part is that the titles I'm selling aren't even produced or for sale by him anymore! He just doesn't want any of the old ones being sold so that you have to go to his website to purchase the new ones.

Once you buy a legitimate item it should be yours to resell if you want. Ninety-nine percent of what is offered on ebay is used stuff. If the rights holders to all of those items were like the vero companies, there would be no ebay...In other words it would be illegal to resell anything that ever had a patent, trademark or copyright.

By law if you have a copyrighted item and make a copy for yourself and go to sell the original you are supposed to destroy the copy that you made for yourself. If ebay was consistent (thank goodness they are not) every DVD, CD, video game or software product would be taken down because the seller "MIGHT HAVE" made a copy before listing it.

Quote:
i see, thanks.

The only thing i notice is, that the ones that are getting away with it have 100+ feedback. Maybe they arent flagged so easily like this?
What I said above...many brand new accounts with zero feedback selling vero items and getting away with it
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
If the stuff is listed and sold as used how should they be allowed to have it removed? I have over time picked up some niche instructional videos that I am familiar with that I know I can make a little money reselling. The owner of the company is Vero registered and has the stuff taken down and the best part is that the titles I'm selling aren't even produced or for sale by him anymore! He just doesn't want any of the old ones being sold so that you have to go to his website to purchase the new ones.
This happens under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). The law may have been passed with the best of intentions, but there have been unintended consequences.

The 'First Sale Doctrine' worked well for DECADES before they passed the DMCA. Basically, if you owned a legitimate item, and obtained the item legitimately, then you have the right to sell your item without fear of running afoul of Copyright and Trademark laws. But the DMCA has been twisted so that Copyright and Trademark owners can take down virtually anything they want to. It is not RIGHT you understand, but it is reality.

Here is a link to a good website that explains this in more detail. The site allso tells you how to FIGHT certain takedowns, but use that advice with caution. Stealth is all about WORKING the system, not FIGHTING the system.

Bogus Takedowns - Fight an eBay Vero Suspension

Last edited by jeffweico; 08-08-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 96%

Thanks for the link jeffweico, I'll check it out tonight (can't spent the whole day inside on the computer...)

After my last post I was reminded of a similar situation (to that of the thread starter) that occurred to me.
I bought a couple of True Religion caps that were on clearance at a local (nationwide) store. I got them for less than $10 each and saw that they typically sold for almost $40. So there were 2 different styles and I picked up one of each. They had a bunch, so as one sold, I'd just go back and pick up another.

Listed the first one...no problem
Listed the second one and I got one of those dreaded screens with the red type...wanted me to link my Paypal. Wasn't about to do that.

If memory serves me correctly I entered True Religion in the description and that didn't red flag the listing and would show up in a "description" search.
I also believe that if you list it like ...True TR Religion it will show up in the search results and make it past the Vero bots...I might be wrong. Finds the words True and Religion, but since they aren't together in the title it slipped by.

In any case since I had one that was listed True Religion my second one showed up in my "other items"

Even went to edit a listing and take out the "TR" and got sent back to the "link to Paypal" page.

Seems like I have a tougher time listing a "high risk" authentic Vero item than I did listing phakes in the past...those of course get past the listing process, but then get taken down eventually

Last edited by DogFacedBoy; 08-08-2010 at 04:21 PM.