eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Best time to list on both US and UK eBay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/46885-best-time-list-both-us-uk-ebay.html)

BubbleTea 05-28-2012 04:53 PM

Best time to list on both US and UK eBay

Does anyone try to catch both the US and UK markets with auction listings?

If you list on US eBay, you can pay a small fee to have your listings on UK site and vice versa.

The problem is getting the auction to end at the best time for BOTH countries, since they have a significant time difference.

I wonder what is the best time to end listings to catch both of them?

MM78 05-28-2012 11:05 PM

Well unless you can slow down time for 1 country just enough to give the 2nd country time to sync up at the same time then it might be possible, otherwise I really don't know. Maybe others have a solution to your problem.

Good Luck.

rsot 05-29-2012 09:19 AM

List on UK site and make it international - or US site and make it international - done.

Elijah 05-29-2012 09:28 AM

You must have misunderstood the question. If he were to do that, it would still end at an inconvenient time for one of the countries.

rsot 05-29-2012 10:32 AM

Oh true - then I guess an option is to have 2 of the products.

BubbleTea 05-29-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 345824)
Oh true - then I guess an option is to have 2 of the products.

I just thought probably some people get the listing upgrades to get their item listed for both sites, since this is an available option.

yotano211 05-29-2012 05:07 PM

It depends on what item you want to sell. Doing my research more women buy their ebay stuff between 11am and 12pm and men do it after 5pm, I guess after getting off from work.

So you have to look at your product and determine if it's for woman or men. And you would want to have the biggest amount of possible buyers. I would make a listing for both sites but at certain times for each market you want to sell in.

BubbleTea 05-29-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotano211 (Post 345902)
It depends on what item you want to sell. Doing my research more women buy their ebay stuff between 11am and 12pm and men do it after 5pm, I guess after getting off from work.

So you have to look at your product and determine if it's for woman or men. And you would want to have the biggest amount of possible buyers. I would make a listing for both sites but at certain times for each market you want to sell in.

Majority of my buyers are women.
I've heard of the lunchtime peak also.
Well, the majority of women are also working in developed countries.
I guess women are more inclined to shop during lunch break though.

I've been wondering about the 5-7pm time for a while.
Isn't this the time most people are on the way home from work?
I wonder if many people actually eBay from their mobile phones while on the subway/ bus.

newjerseymax 05-30-2012 02:51 AM

Do not forget about time zones.... lunch time in NY is breakfast in LA...

Timing is so product specific sometimes. BIN listings kinda take that issue away. One set price no matter what time you shop...

A while back I got some funny stock of Halloween Vampire type products and they all sold at middle of night. Go figure! Guess if your a vampire you shop for your goods when the sun is down. :>

BubbleTea 05-30-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 346012)
Do not forget about time zones.... lunch time in NY is breakfast in LA...

I was also about to ask, should we set the time in favour of the PDT or EDT market?
Which group has more buyers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 346012)
A while back I got some funny stock of Halloween Vampire type products and they all sold at middle of night. Go figure! Guess if your a vampire you shop for your goods when the sun is down. :>

Hey, that makes perfect sense! :lol:

Well, people who would use Halloween Vampire type products are those that would stay up late at night.
People who would shop online late at night are those that would stay up late at night.
So, they are all the same type of people.

But most products in existence are general things that you would use at whatever time and also buy at whatever time.
Only a minority of products are really time specific.
Then again, even though you mostly only use bed sheets at night, you would still buy it in the day time, or any time... it doesn't matter.
So...... that sort of time-sensitive vampire market is really the rare case.

rsot 05-31-2012 01:03 PM

Vampire market eh

MM78 06-02-2012 02:32 AM

Now that I think of it, I've had women buy my items like at the craziest times...like 2am-4am, and I think, Who the hell is up at that hour shopping. Not that I'm complaining just awkward hours.

Mr. Invisible 06-04-2012 04:24 AM

Only my listings...

1-2pm est (6-7pm UK)
5-6pm est (10-11pm UK)
9pm-12am est (2am-5am UK)
3-4am est (8-9am UK)
8-9am est (1-2pm UK)

^^^ I tend to get the most hits during these periods. It really depends on what you sell, just hit my BIN when it's most convenient for you :D.

BubbleTea 06-04-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marysman78 (Post 346761)
Now that I think of it, I've had women buy my items like at the craziest times...like 2am-4am, and I think, Who the hell is up at that hour shopping. Not that I'm complaining just awkward hours.

I am one that shops at that hour... lol!
I'm sure many people find that beauty of online shopping is being able to do it at any time of the day.

clapclap 06-04-2012 04:33 PM

Dont forget there is alot of auction sniper sites out there so it may seem people are sat

at their computer bidding when infact its is probably software that they have put their

maximum bid into.