How Would You List These? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 06-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default How Would You List These?

Hey all, I have been throwing around the idea of selling my perfumes on ebay. I have had a little store locally for about 5 years and want to throw some of these online to see how they do.

I get damaged perfumes from departments stores, outlets, etc. (most of them are missing the pump, glass is cracked, sprayer disengaged from plastic tubing, etc.)

Anyways, I get about 100 or so bottles per week. The ones that cannot be sold as is, I take the perfume and rebottle it.

Ebay says I may have infringment issues and may have listing cancelled if I use brand names.

How can I list these??? If it is Eternity for men, can I make a regular listing for Eternity for men and then include a link to my about me pages that would state "Our colognes come from damaged bottles and as a courtesy, we rebottle them in a new bottle. We will do this unless you email us otherwise to send you the damaged bottle"

Let me know what you think the best way to list these would be. They are not counterfeits - but you all know how ebay operates! lol
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2008

Longevity: 95%

MR J:
Long time-no see..

If it were me..I would stay away from the NAMES, in the titles, BUT I would take extra LARGE pics--so its easily identified by buyers

i.e. The BEST MENS COLOGNE money can BUY! SWEET DEAL!
Then in the description:
I have a brother who is a Buyer for TJ MAXX, and he gets employee deals on Designer Colognes all the time. Some of these are missing pumps, cracked, but not missing cologne.. BUT--all are legit and a FANTASTIC DEAL!

Im selling in VOLUME< so I am not out to make $40-$80 bottle like Nacys or Mordstroms, BUT--- Im willing to pass these on, and make alittle on each-so I can put gas in my 8 cylinder hog!!

This Particular auction is for the following:
1-bottle of the FAMOUS Cologne, C H anel, it is the SAME EXACT bottle youre gonna pay $120 for at Nacys!
Im gonna start the auction at $1.00!
The bottle is 1.2 ounces! PLEASE take a drive--look at my pics--then go take a driev to the Mall--same thing.Period.
**UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED---But, please dont use it all up, then ask me for a refund... Then Im gonna cry..:(
Seriously: These will make Great Gifts! You are saving the middle man, and I GUARANTEE each one !
PLEASE ask questions BEFORE bidding,, I appreciate your time! Thanks!
And Happy Motoring!! Josh
Old 06-18-2008
Threadstarter  

What listing it normally, and then putting a link to my About Me page indicating that we rebottle fragrances?

Will the ebay gestapo follow the About Me Page link?
Old 06-18-2008

HI: Im not familiar with linking pages, or web sites-- and I know they frown on that--thinking you'd get a sale past them without their cut--
BUT;;
a.) I stayed away from Chanel in the title
b.) I stayed away from word CHANEL in descript--but enough so that avg consumer will recognize
c.) mispelled Macys + Nordys on purpose
d.) offered guarantee
e.) The photo would be a ZOOM on the brand name
f.) Youre not listing like a Vet--youre a newbie, who's looking for gas money...

So--basically getting the bucks for it, as a BRAND,BUT--not directly mentioning it,
THUS-some folks are gonna think u dont know what you got and theyre getting a steal.
Most Importantly--staying away from all the potential Triggers of T+S..
Old 06-18-2008
Threadstarter  

ok, obviously no brand names in title -- but if it is Calvin Klein Eternity -- is it ok to put Eternity in the title?description?

Also, these dont come in the original bottles, the bottle are damaged and I remove the liquid and put them in my own bottles. Should I have a picture of the original bottle and then a picture of the bottle it actually wil come in?
Old 06-18-2008

Oh... Rebottling--diff story--
Good luck getting a good price, why cant you sell them cracked, then give them a Free bottle--let them rebottle themselves,, otherwise-gonna be a Hard sale..

If its Real Chanel--coming in a dollar store bottle--since its a liquid--not like being a diamond ring in a cardboard box-- (I'd wrap/seal the broken REAL bottles--then tell them in the listing--youre gonna send them a FREE brand new pump spray atomizer--to Cover their shipping costs--
So--now theyre also getting FREE SHIPPING!!

Last edited by ebayhateluv; 06-18-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-18-2008
Threadstarter  

i got some bids before ebay took it down for "potentially infringing item"
Old 06-18-2008
Threadstarter  

I wonder if I just do ETERNITY in the title instead of CALVIN KLEIN ETERNTY and in the listing, use a picture of the "rebottled cologne" ... I will describe the eternity and then type that this is a damaged bottle, etc.etc. and that as a courtesy I will have the fragrance sent in a new bottle unless directed otherwise by the buyer.
Old 06-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

The less keywords you use the better, but even then you still run the risk of being shut down. VeRO is hard..