eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Is Batch Purifier LITE All I Need (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/64149-batch-purifier-lite-all-i-need.html)

Keithlan1978 09-03-2013 10:48 AM

Is Batch Purifier LITE All I Need

I've downloaded batch purifier LITE and just had a go of it and it seems pretty simple to use

I simply add the photo the click next and it asks me to choose the hidden data types that you want to remove from the selected files, The options are as follows

JPEG image
EXIF (including thumbnail and geotag)
Photoshop image resources (including IPTC)
XMP
Comments
ICC Profile
Adobe APP14 tag
JFIF Header
Other hidden data

I've ticked all these options then clicked next and selected overwrite original files and it then says BatchPurifier has successfully purified 1 of 1 files in 0.198 seconds

My question is this, Am i ok to use this picture now on my stealth accounts without fear of being linked and has that removed everything i need it to or do i need to do anything else to my pics before using them on ebay?

Thanks

Ebayorbust 09-03-2013 11:16 AM

Yes, Batch Purifier removes all the data that could link you.

slapped 09-03-2013 11:20 AM

I have been using it for a long time, with nothing but perfect results, so go ahead and jump right on in

Keithlan1978 09-03-2013 11:28 AM

Cool thanks, Can i just upload the pics to ebay right from my desktop once ive put the through batch purifier? I don't need to upload them to an image hosting site first?

Thanks

slapped 09-03-2013 11:29 AM

Yes you can,

Keithlan1978 09-03-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 482463)
Yes you can,

Great thanks

Keithlan1978 09-03-2013 01:34 PM

One other thing am I ok using my iPhone to take pics then upload them to the individual user account in my laptop then put the pics through batch purifier?

I know some people don't like using iPhones for pics but if I'm putting the pics through batch purifier does that sort that problem out?

slapped 09-04-2013 12:35 AM

Yes no problem taking Pics with your phone

john456 09-07-2013 04:01 AM

Remember that the LITE version (the free one) only removes EXIF from JPEG
if you have png or gifs or other format, the EXIF data will not be removed.

slapped 09-07-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 483640)
Remember that the LITE version (the free one) only removes EXIF from JPEG
if you have png or gifs or other format, the EXIF data will not be removed.

Good Point, 100% True, but, at least you cannot even load a NoN-Jpeg Picture in the Lite Version, so you do not have to worry about making a Mistake

REFLECT 01-16-2015 01:23 PM

Re: Is Batch Purifier LITE All I Need

I will use Batch purifier for the first time and want to make sure I do it right. If I download my pictures in my pictures file and then use the purifier, can I use this pictures with any user in my computer or do I have to do this within the same user account? I download my pictures from fiverr after getting the background removed. I was planning to do this download in a different user account than the one I will use for Amazon and use the purifier. Then go to the user I will use with Amazon and download the picture to my listing. Am I complicating myself? Can someone please explain the safe way to do it? I am so afraid to make a mistake and get linked.

RosieTosie 01-16-2015 01:38 PM

I am no expert (at all) by I would think yes you are over complicating things a bit,why download your pics to another user account before using the purifier, just download straight into the user acc that you will use for adding pics onto Amazon, you can surely just use purifier on them before you add them onto amazon, that's one step less at least! I have never even used batch purifier but then it was only becoming apparent last autumn really that something like it needed to be used to remove linkable info from our pics before we loaded them onto eBay or Amazon

luverlyjuberly 10-07-2015 05:10 AM

I've just used Batch purifier and looking at the cleaned pics and if i then right click on the pic under Properties > details it shows me the owner (say its e.g. Bob) and Computer "Bob".
Can eBay see this info when I upload my pics to a listing?

rsot 10-07-2015 05:20 AM

@luverly, yes they could see those details and that's why clean them - was the owner different after you cleaned it on the pics?

luverlyjuberly 10-07-2015 05:27 AM

The cleaned pics still show the above details Owner and Computer (name). I will be using these pics on a real name (mine) account. I just looked at pics from a stealth account and the Owner and Computer name details are the same. I will try and clean the pics again.

luverlyjuberly 10-07-2015 05:34 AM

The info seems to be suggesting the pics are being shared with another Windows account.
Right click on pic > open Details. Scroll down to
File >
Shared with
Owner
Computer

o I am wondering if I have to remove this info

OR do I have to change a setting in Windows?

Thanks for the replies so far and any other help on its way.

luverlyjuberly 10-07-2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 711780)
@luverly, yes they could see those details and that's why clean them - was the owner different after you cleaned it on the pics?

No it was the same and there is no way to remove it.

empirestate 10-07-2015 01:24 PM

PNG Stripper is so much easier to remove metadata. Select all images and right click to clean. Download

RosieTosie 10-07-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 711783)
No it was the same and there is no way to remove it.

That was an issue I noticed with Batch Purifier Lite that the name of the computer stayed on the 'cleaned' images, so really Batch Purifier Lite should no longer be recommended as the best JPEG batch cleaner because that is really a fundamental flaw in it. A flaw that could well cause major issues.

bado 01-24-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 711885)
That was an issue I noticed with Batch Purifier Lite that the name of the computer stayed on the 'cleaned' images, so really Batch Purifier Lite should no longer be recommended as the best JPEG batch cleaner because that is really a fundamental flaw in it. A flaw that could well cause major issues.

There is no flaw in BatchPurifier Lite.

From the BatchPurifier User Guide: (FAQ section)
Quote:

Why Does The Windows' Properties Viewer Shows Properties Like “Owner” And “Computer” of a Purified File?

The details under the “File” section in “Details” tab of Windows' file properties viewer, that can be accessed by right-clicking on a file and selecting Properties, such as “Date created”, “Date modified”, “Owner”, and “Computer”, are not part of the file itself. If the file will be sent to another computer, the shown details will be different. Thus, they cannot be removed from the file as they were never part of the file to begin with. These properties are like labels on a book shelf. If a book is taken out, the labels will not go along

luverlyjuberly 01-26-2016 02:33 PM

Thanks for that Bado - I know my earlier posts were from about six months agop but it wwas still causing me concern as a possible link of my accounts.

Mitsu 01-26-2016 08:57 PM

I use AnalogEXIF to spoof EXIF data on my photos, it's just as easy to imprint ⊗⊗⊗⊗ EXIF data (from a camera you don't own ect.) as it is to remove it with this program (right-click>copy)

I personally like this method, it may be a placebo but I'd like to think uploading a photo with EXIF data builds more trust with the account/listing.