How long should I wait to sell Vero? - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Account Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-04-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (1)
Default How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Hi guys,

Just wondering how long we should wait to list the 1st Vero item on a new Ebay account.

Currently I am listing some cheap jewellery only on my 30 days Ebay account.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-04-2015
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Generally speaking, I would wait until I had at least 10 positive feedbacks. But it also depends on the brand. Some are tougher than others. Listing a Rolex Watch will bring more scrutiny, for example, than listing a "Donald Trump" watch. When listing a brand name item, eBay likes lots of pictures. Especially pictures of any authenticity seals or marks, etc.

That assumes that by VERO you mean legitimate items that are branded or trademarked.

If you meant counterfeit, then be prepared to burn though accounts. If the VERO member does not remove the listings, eBay will most likely zap the account when they get any buyer complaints. Please don't feel insulted because I brought this up, I am NOT judging you, I am only pointing out that selling counterfeits on eBay is very difficult - sellers can certainly make SOME of those sales, but eventually, eBay will catch on.

Some of the TOUGHEST things to sell, regardless of whether or not they are authentic are: Apple ANYTHING, Burberry, Disney DVD's, Warner Brothers DVD's, Beachbody, P90X, Shaun Insanity, Tiffany, Baby Einstein, Microsoft software, Adobe Software, Beats by Dre, and anything else that is known to be counterfeited in mass quantities. Even if you have authentic merchandise from these brands, they are NOTORIOUS for issuing takedowns.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (01-08-2015), kittylove (05-29-2015), Salvo (01-04-2015), viczk (01-08-2015), yankee (01-04-2015)
  #3  
Old 01-07-2015
pokerpro's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 171
Thanked 280 Times in 197 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Agreed......if you're selling "less than authentic" Vero items......line up bunches of accounts, because you will be burning thru them at lightening speed.......eBay is on top of that game now....thats a tough boat to row.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-29-2015)
  #4  
Old 01-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Generally speaking, I would wait until I had at least 10 positive feedbacks. But it also depends on the brand. Some are tougher than others. Listing a Rolex Watch will bring more scrutiny, for example, than listing a "Donald Trump" watch. When listing a brand name item, eBay likes lots of pictures. Especially pictures of any authenticity seals or marks, etc.

That assumes that by VERO you mean legitimate items that are branded or trademarked.

If you meant counterfeit, then be prepared to burn though accounts. If the VERO member does not remove the listings, eBay will most likely zap the account when they get any buyer complaints. Please don't feel insulted because I brought this up, I am NOT judging you, I am only pointing out that selling counterfeits on eBay is very difficult - sellers can certainly make SOME of those sales, but eventually, eBay will catch on.

Some of the TOUGHEST things to sell, regardless of whether or not they are authentic are: Apple ANYTHING, Burberry, Disney DVD's, Warner Brothers DVD's, Beachbody, P90X, Shaun Insanity, Tiffany, Baby Einstein, Microsoft software, Adobe Software, Beats by Dre, and anything else that is known to be counterfeited in mass quantities. Even if you have authentic merchandise from these brands, they are NOTORIOUS for issuing takedowns.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this. Sometimes I am just wondering how does sellers from China get away from it. As some accounts which bearing quit a few negative feedbacks would stand still.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2015
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,960
Thanks: 5,464
Thanked 8,991 Times in 7,020 Posts
Activity: 52%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viczk View Post
As some accounts which bearing quit a few negative feedbacks would stand still.
huh?

You speak rsot-talk?

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2015
ilcarletto's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,489
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,347 Times in 992 Posts
Activity: 42%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
huh?

You speak rsot-talk?


Welcome to the forum GB - All the best as you learn VERO
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-09-2015)
  #7  
Old 01-08-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,250
Thanks: 4,561
Thanked 6,964 Times in 6,345 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
huh?

You speak rsot-talk?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
write (12-13-2015)
  #8  
Old 01-08-2015
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 108
Thanks: 106
Thanked 158 Times in 88 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Now that is funny
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2015
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,177
Thanks: 2,137
Thanked 1,291 Times in 926 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viczk View Post
Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this. Sometimes I am just wondering how does sellers from China get away from it. As some accounts which bearing quit a few negative feedbacks would stand still.
So, you sell f.ake. Nice try.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2015
cokecola's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

What about selling mobile phone unlock codes or unlocking apple mobile phones where you only need the imei numbers or ps3 and ps4 games when woukd you say it is safe to list these type of items
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-08-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

You can list that stuff as soon as you want people to start screwing you. I went to flippa seen a code unlocking site, i asked the guy for details he said he buys stealth accounts uses vcc and buys the services on ebay gets the codes and gives to his customer than disputes does like 50 a day its crazy literally his biz is screwing guys like you
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to danshan For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (01-08-2015)
  #12  
Old 01-08-2015
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,126
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,792 Times in 3,320 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 70%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobileah View Post
What about selling mobile phone unlock codes or unlocking apple mobile phones where you only need the imei numbers or ps3 and ps4 games when woukd you say it is safe to list these type of items
Seems like everyone wants to do the Digital thing and yet can't see that these types of items are the worst things to sell......Find something tangible to sell.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
So, you sell f.ake. Nice try.

Well... Firstly, want to clarify that I don't sell counterfeit. Not yet

But I do feel Ebay does making it extremely hard for VERO sellers to survive. For my current account I have get 5 lists removed in 3 month, 2 temporary suspension. And that is an account with 5 years selling history.

It is my understanding that a new account would get VERO issues more often and result would be more serious. Need to get my strategy right before start listing risky items.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-08-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

How do you know if you sell counterfeits?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
How do you know if you sell counterfeits?
Depend on which supplier you using. And I always take sample to check in retail shop
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-08-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

You ever heard the saying suppliers are liars
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
You ever heard the saying suppliers are liars
That is true. So I would check samples in retailer shop to verify the authentic.

May I ask what other steps would you take to checking the authentic?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

I dont deal with brands too many eyes on it and too competitive. I live and make an honest i consider good living on the mod game. I buy raw items and modify them and sell on ebay. It is nice that way because you never have to deal with any competition and you are 100% off the radar.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Example i buy poles rods and bait in large sets and make new starter fishing kits stuff like that. I have go boating new boater gear. A idiots guide to boats, a dramimine pack and some suncscreen that kind of stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,047
Thanks: 106
Thanked 205 Times in 176 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Those are horrible examples but that is the idea
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-09-2015
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,960
Thanks: 5,464
Thanked 8,991 Times in 7,020 Posts
Activity: 52%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viczk View Post
Hi guys,

Just wondering how long we should wait to list the 1st Vero item on a new Ebay account.

Currently I am listing some cheap jewellery only on my 30 days Ebay account.
Dont be shocked.....

Have you ever thought of not selling these type oF items?

Going to be an uphill grind to do OK with foo-foos.



Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-09-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: How long should I wait to sell Vero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Dont be shocked.....

Have you ever thought of not selling these type oF items?

Going to be an uphill grind to do OK with foo-foos.



Thanks GB, would have to be very carefull on doing this with lots of luck. I was doing ok until last year. And things just get from bad to worse since 1st VERO warning.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long did you wait to sell ebazstealth Amazon X 2 09-03-2014 09:06 PM
How long should I wait to sell a new electronic? LesMiles eBay Discussion! 5 11-16-2013 06:41 PM
How long do you wait tikade PayPal Talk 1 08-19-2012 10:20 AM
wanting to buy/sell on new account, how long should i wait huddsgal Subscriber Discussions 15 09-14-2011 10:22 AM
How long to wait to sell on new Account? aking eBay Discussion! 32 03-17-2009 10:21 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts