eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Is there a way to find if a buyer has multiple accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/81426-there-way-find-if-buyer-has-multiple-accounts.html)

nearnu 01-05-2015 02:58 AM

Is there a way to find if a buyer has multiple accounts?

Hi Guys,

My crazy aggressive buyer is still hounding me. I was polite and did all the checking on the item. I did lower it to a buy it now that I am comfortable with. She keeps sending me listings of other sellers who are selling for what she thinks are more reasonable prices. They aren't the same item I am selling but the same brand. She keeps saying how their items are better than mine and mine is too high a price. I blocked her as someone suggested. But I am worried she has multiple buyer accounts. Is there anyway to find out? I want to block this nut as much as I can. Thanks everyone!

just_smile 01-05-2015 04:20 AM

Re: Is there a way to find if a buyer has multiple accounts?

I'm not sure if thats possible.

One thing ive been told you can do is block email addresses. I imagine most people with multiple ebay accounts use the same paypal account, so it may help.

If they truly where out to screw you, they could easily use a friends account anyway. Theres only so much you can do to protect yourself.

MM78 01-05-2015 01:30 PM

Have you reported this person to Ebay?

JamesNorth101 01-05-2015 01:32 PM

I would set your buyers preference and keep a close eye on who is sending you messages to buy the item.

No way to see if 1 buyer has several eBay accounts I am afraid.

adrianm 01-05-2015 01:40 PM

"Is there a way to find if a buyer has multiple accounts?"
No ! Thank God because is no easy way to find, otherwise all this forum all our stealth efforts would be futile !

oompaloompa 01-05-2015 01:58 PM

no you cannot.

just ignore her, she cannot be a competitor as she is saying the price is too high, not too low...just a nut

nearnu 01-05-2015 03:04 PM

Thanks Everyone. I followed the advice and blocked her. She messaged me again last night and apologized. But I am still keeping her on block. In the last email I sent her I was polite but firm. I told her it was unfair of her to be badgering me about my prices and I am allowed to price my items however I want. I also pointed out if was unfair behaviour to send me listings that were different than mine for comparison. Anyways, anymore emails are going to be ignored. Thank god she didn't buy my item.

Dmshark25 01-05-2015 03:27 PM

Yea the best thing is just to ignore anything else, and eventually they will go bother someonelse. They are just looking to have that conflict back and forth so once u ignore them they will try to get under your skin but don't even read just delete

nearnu 01-05-2015 03:38 PM

Well the funny thing is , if the item isn't worth anything, and you can get it elsewhere in better condition and cheaper...... Then why are you bugging me? Oh, because you CAN'T. Its a rare item. The only one on Ebay.

pokerpro 01-07-2015 11:55 AM

I agree with all of the above...... Ignore them.......I have had similar stuff, and yes, ignoring works........they go off on their merry way to find someone else who will have a conversation with them.

big tymer 01-12-2015 07:37 PM

Unfortunately people like this exist. If you have ever worked in brick and mortar store chances are you have come across a person like this.

danshan 01-12-2015 07:46 PM

Its called customer service, you blocked this person for what?

danshan 01-12-2015 07:47 PM

Lol I want to run a biz but i just want to deal with nice legit people who pay full price and dont ask any questions and if thats the case ME TOO

peterspike 01-12-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nearnu (Post 627814)
Thanks Everyone. I followed the advice and blocked her. She messaged me again last night and apologized. But I am still keeping her on block. In the last email I sent her I was polite but firm. I told her it was unfair of her to be badgering me about my prices and I am allowed to price my items however I want. I also pointed out if was unfair behaviour to send me listings that were different than mine for comparison. Anyways, anymore emails are going to be ignored. Thank god she didn't buy my item.

You were lucky she didnt buy off you,she sounds like she was trouble.

danshan 01-12-2015 08:03 PM

Trouble how?

J dub 1984 01-30-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 627677)
I'm not sure if thats possible.

One thing ive been told you can do is block email addresses. I imagine most people with multiple ebay accounts use the same paypal account, so it may help.

If they truly where out to screw you, they could easily use a friends account anyway. Theres only so much you can do to protect yourself.

You have to be creative and bait them into a discussion, if you have the buyers email I know an extension that's free on chrome that you can easily use to verify if she/he is the same person based on different facts. PM I rather not post some things on an open forum. Hopefully this troll will go away and not bother you. Can't you tell them that person to buy it from the competitor if their product is so much better then yours. You could also take the route that you find her demeanor threatning, stalking, or harassing and I guarantee they'll back off ... Best of luck -JB