eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Auction Listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/)
-   -   Variations (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction-listing/91211-variations.html)

luverlyjuberly 11-15-2015 01:21 PM

Variations

I'm wondering how everyone - who uses this method - get on with variations. I've tried listings with variations and just don't get the sales. Listing individually and thee items sell. Am I missing something? Do buyers find them confusing?

JamesNorth101 11-15-2015 02:03 PM

Re: Variations

I find its down to what you are selling

The better track record that item has of selling the easier it is to get the sales as well

Generally I find it works for small cheaper items (pens, phone chargers ect) that have a high sell through rate

Not so much for large expensive items like tables, chairs, TVs ect

mhhbizz 11-15-2015 06:08 PM

i use variations for my items are they do work and sell

TGMT² 11-15-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 721763)
I've tried listings with variations and just don't get the sales.

I was kind of in the same boat with the lack of sales using variations.

But I doubled my sales by constantly changing the title till I found one that works best.

I have always said: Title and price are the 2 most important elements to successful sales on eBay. :)

luverlyjuberly 11-16-2015 05:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. Most of the items i sell are low cost and i am starting to wonder if it my title that lets me down as suggested by TGMT.
One thing I did was start at a lower price than others (I would have slowly increased the price as sales increased) who sell the same items but even that did not work. I included a main pic with all the variations but still no sales.
I may try a simple listing with just a couple of variations to see what happens.

Atom 11-16-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly (Post 722102)
Thanks for the replies. Most of the items i sell are low cost and i am starting to wonder if it my title that lets me down as suggested by TGMT.
One thing I did was start at a lower price than others (I would have slowly increased the price as sales increased) who sell the same items but even that did not work. I included a main pic with all the variations but still no sales.
I may try a simple listing with just a couple of variations to see what happens.

Try a competitors title, see if you notice any difference, if u do, then you know why.

luverlyjuberly 11-16-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atom (Post 722104)
Try a competitors title, see if you notice any difference, if u do, then you know why.

Goes off to do it...

Burger Box Man 11-22-2015 01:25 PM

Search your item and whoever is top of the search page, use their title and possibly picture.

phaz0rz 11-22-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atom (Post 722104)

Copying a competitors title will get the listing removed if the competitor reports it. I've had eBay take down countless listings from competitors of mine who STOLE either my title, my photos, my description, or (most of the time) all three.

luckoftheirish93 11-22-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burger Box Man (Post 723360)
Search your item and whoever is top of the search page, use their title and possibly picture.

terrible advice copying someones pic is really annoying for the original seller and can get you banned if they complain and also the picture quality falls dramatically

rsot 11-22-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burger Box Man (Post 723360)

Very bad to recommend this.

muzzie 11-22-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 723367)
Copying a competitors title will get the listing removed if the competitor reports it. I've had eBay take down countless listings from competitors of mine who STOLE either my title, my photos, my description, or (most of the time) all three.

I reported my photos stolen from me hundreds of times, NEVER got any response from the EB.

Burger Box Man 11-23-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckoftheirish93 (Post 723467)
terrible advice copying someones pic is really annoying for the original seller and can get you banned if they complain and also the picture quality falls dramatically

It has worked for me many times and never had a listing removed. Sometimes I even get my listing to top of results with no reprocussions. And picture quality does not diminish, get your facts straight.

luckoftheirish93 11-23-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burger Box Man (Post 723549)
It has worked for me many times and never had a listing removed. Sometimes I even get my listing to top of results with no reprocussions. And picture quality does not diminish, get your facts straight.

just because it works doesn't mean it right kid :juggle:

but if you find it works for yourself good and fair play just i wouldm't recommend to others really in my opinion :pop2: