New AU stealther, back story and advice appreciated - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 09-10-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default New AU stealther, back story and advice appreciated

Hi everyone,

I just bought the Stealth Book and signed up here, I was hoping to post my story and maybe get a bit of advice before I take the plunge and open new stealth accounts.

So my story, Ive been selling on Ebay AU for around a year now, I pretty much only sell preowned clothing so nothing high risk. I'd just gotten good at it and built my selling up to a point where it was making me a full time income, however I made a couple of stupid mistakes in the last couple of weeks that have gotten most of my accounts suspended.

What I did
> Opened too many new accounts with the same PayPal address and personal info (I sell auctions and was trying to get fee deals that Ebay AU gives sellers as they stopped giving me them on my older accounts)

> Arranged to selll a non clothing item off Ebay (so so stupid, I should of known better!)

What happened
> Had an amazing weekend where I sold tons of my clothes on auction Sunday night.Woke up on Monday morning to find that the two newest accounts had been suspended and four other accounts had been restricted and the listings pulled.A couple of them still have items waiting for payment from buyers

> One of my accounts has been restricted but my 85 auctions are still up (due to end on Sunday and I even sold one on buy it now. Seller limits on this account are now 0.

> I still have two older Ebay accounts with live auction listings that seem to have flown under the radar and have not been suspended or restricted (same PayPal and details). Had a couple of auctions end and automatically resist on one without issue on Monday night. I'm too scared to log into them incase it triggers something.

> My Paypal account seems fine. I have $2k sitting in it though which I need to withdraw I guess... I took out $700 yesterday but still need to get the other 2k out, how soon is it safe to make another withdrawal?

> Contacted customer service via chat on Monday and they were typically useless and wouldn't help/give any info except advise me to not open anymore accounts and be careful with the ones that were still ok (I didn't give them details of my two surviving accounts)

After reading the guide and having a browse in these forums I realise I definitely need to start stealthing. I have nearly 10K of clothes and stuff Ive invested in for this business and it will kill me if I have to give up on my dream and be stuck with everything.

Financially I need to get back selling ASAP. I have a few questions that hopefully you guys can help me with.

So far my options are

> My two surviving accounts (not sure how long these will last), can I access them without triggering the restriction etc?

> A friend who may let me use his account, a possible temporary solution so I can make some money

> Setting up my own stealth accounts from scratch (will def do this regardless, I just realise they will take time to build)

> Purchasing a pre made stealth account (more than happy to do this if it'll get me back up and running quicker!)

My biggest concern is the way I actually sell. I built my business on modelling the clothes I sell myself. I really want to keep doing this as I feel it gave me the edge in the market. I don't have my face in the pics but body neck and hair ect. its no issue to retake the photos (time consuming and annoying only), but will having photos like that across multiple accounts catch me out? If I was to focus on building just two stealth accounts with photos like that (maybe I can get a blond wig for the modelling or something!!) could I still do this? And then create back up stealth accounts built up slowly without photos like that?

> Should I be opening business accounts or personal accounts and can I open an ebay store on a stealth account?

> so far I have opened an ANZ bank account online this morning so I'm getting the process started, time is of the essence so any advice at all will be greatly appreciated, in the meantime I will re-read the Stealth Book and continue to browse the forums

Thank you in advance, I'm so happy I found this site, its given me hope!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!