eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   does people here do paypal balance sells or buys here? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/14164-does-people-here-do-paypal-balance-sells-buys-here.html)

mrxuan 10-16-2009 12:01 PM

does people here do paypal balance sells or buys here?

I'm totally a newbie of paypal.
I have a few thousand of au dollars in my bank.
And I need to make those AU to USD.
Then I think about bank tranfer and paypal...
bank:bad rate+fee (x%+x dollars)
paypal:worse rate + fee
but paypal...when you entirely funded by PayPal balance or bank account is free(when no currency conversion is involved)
which means:1.when you put ur money from ur online saving,paypal won't charge you 2.someone have paypal balance and send to you ,you don't need to pay if you open the option of that dollar(otherwise,paypal will just convert to your primary currency...careful...) ex,in my account,i have aud and usd option.if someone send me paypal balance in aud or usd,no one will be charge.(only if you hold au paypal account,otherwise it's Cross-border personal transactions,tricky paypal will charge you from 0-2%of total ammount depends on countries)
so by the above,if there are two "au paypal" account holder,both open "aud and usd currency option".if they want,they can send and receive each other's balance(aud<--->usd) and decided what rate they want to exchange without being charge by paypal.
is my theory right,guys?

oompaloompa 10-16-2009 12:11 PM

you do get charged for receiving money from another paypal but the thing about the currency would be correct, however paypals conversion rates arent the best you can get are they?

fairgo 10-18-2009 03:26 AM

Free Gift

Correct me if i am wrong but if you send money choosing the "Personal" Tab...and selecting "GIFT" then there is no paypal fee for recieving?

obviously this is something you cant abuse too much without drawing attention...but for a one off transfer it should be ok right? :noidea:

ILovePaypalNOT 10-18-2009 09:46 AM

you are correct.... But I wouldnt make a habit out of it , and never twice to the same account in a short period of time.

mrxuan 10-19-2009 03:39 AM

x

actually,i lot of people in my country do that(Taiwan)
But there are something people should be careful-,-otherwise,your account may be frozen and the balance you got will give back to the seller...so...you might get the best currency rate but please control the risk...make sure your account won't be frozen...

tenggo 12-17-2009 07:14 AM

Dont do it

DONT DO IT, i thought an easy way to pay some money i owed to a family member was from my paypal,
over $1000 Bang the poor old guys account got limited and couldnt get the cash for over a month